It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracles in the Quran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
An email I received from a good Islamic friend of mine.

Does anyone agree that these are miracles?
In my honest opinion, I hight doubt it. I think thier just trying to put 2 and 2 together.

Hi,

This message maybe a little long but I will try to give a brief summary of Islam and proof of things in the Qu'ran that have been later discovered but to mention off hand, a very famous book that mentions much of this is called

"The Bible, The Qu'ran and Science" By Dr. Maurice Bucaille

This gentleman was an agnostic, but about two years after writing the book, he converted to Islam. However, at the time of writing it, he was not affiliated with any religion and thus I beleive it to be completely objective

Moving on, let me go through some things

The most significant proofs in the Qu'ran are the mathematical patterns inherent within them, some things which only those deeply associated with it would discover, because God says that he has left signs for those who see them, and those who look for them

"Do the unbelievers not realize that the heavens and the earth used to be one solid mass that we exploded into existence? And from water we made all living things. Would they believe? [Qur�an 21:30]"

As you most likely know, the above statements are all true and have only been proven since the age of enlightenment of David Hume and John Locke. It is important to note the Nobel Prize in 1973 was given for the discovery that all life origninated from Water, or H20

"Then he turned to the sky, and it had been (as) smoke (dukhaan): He said to it and to the earth: come you together, willingly or unwillingly. They said: we do come (together) in willing obedience. [Qur�an 41:11]"

This verse explains what is now known as the origin of the universe, which was created from smoke, which is how new stars form, the verse may seem general however the Hadith or accompanying Prophet's advice make it clear this is what was meant

"The universe, We have built it with power. Verily. We are expanding it. [Qur�an 51:47]

This shows the Qu'ran mentioning the expansion of the universe something which was never known before

"And God created every living creature from water. Some of them walk on their bellies, some walk on two legs, and some walk on four. God creates whatever He wills. God is Omnipotent. [Qur�an 24:45]"
Again information in the terms of laymen, which is scientifically profound and is proven today

HERE IS THE WOMB IN A DESCRIPTION NEVER BEFORE WITNESSED OVER 1400 YEARS AGO

"What is the matter with you, that you are not conscious of God�s Majesty. Seeing that it is He that has created you in diverse stages? [Qur�an 71:13-14"

"He creates you in the wombs of your mother, in stages, one after another, in three veils of darkness. [Qur�an 39:6]"

" Subsequently, we reproduced him from a tiny drop, that is placed into a well protected repository. Then we developed the drop into a hanging (embryo), then developed the hanging (embryo) into a bite-size (fetus), then created the bite-size (fetus) into bones, then covered the bones with flesh. We thus produce a new creature. Most blessed is God, the best Creator. Then, later on, you die. Then, on the Day of Resurrection, you will be resurrected. [Qur'an 23:12-16]"

Here is what a Christian Embryologist had to say about the Qu'ran's mention his name is Keith L. Moore "It has been a pleasure for me to help clarify statements in the Qur�an about Human Development. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from God or Allah because almost all of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later."

"When you look at the mountains, you think that they are standing still. But they are moving, like the clouds. Such is the manufacture of God, Who perfected everything. He is fully Cognizant of everything you do. [Qur'an 27:88] "

This has been proven now, that hte mountains are indeed moving

"And we sent down Iron, in which is great might, as well as many benefits for mankind [Qur�an 57:25]

It has been proven that iron came in the form of a meteor from space, and the Prophet elaborated on this, and it once again has been justified

"O assembly of Jinns and Men, if you can penetrate regions of the heavens and the earth, then penetrate them! You will not penetrate them save with a Power. [Qur�an 55:33]"
This verse speaks of the fact that god, will give mankind enough knowledge to go into space however we will never discover what we are looking for

"In regards to Clouds, �Have you not seen how God makes the clouds move gently, then joins them together, then makes them into a stack, and then you see the rain come out of it...?� [Qur'an 24:43] "

This verse speaks about the formation of clouds

There are literally hundreds upon hundreds of other miracles in the Qu'ran, there are many mathematical miracles in the Qu'ran as well for example the number of bones in the human body, the number of joints, and many many other things, If you are interested after this I can send it,

Deep

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't know Deep,I wouldn't call them miracles.

Who ever wrote this was really stretching far to try to connect those incidents and make them into miracles. I don't buy it at all.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Miracles of knowledge perhaps. The Arabs were always well connected with the spirit of science and wisdom. Quite interresting. But most of this can have been knowledge already acquired through systematically studying or analysing creation.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
hmmm I somehow missed this topic....

Anyways, here is my opinion.

There are 2 ways you could analyse this. A Muslim of course believes that the Qur'an is sent from God, therefore the "miracles" only confirm that. Those are signs for believers.

The other way is to look at it from a non-believer point of view, and try to find a logical explanation. If we look at the situation is Saudi Arabia at the time of muhammad, they were more developed then Europe, which was slowly sinking into dark ages. The real science boom hapened in middle east AFTER mohammad's death, when Islam begun to spread. THats the time of mathematicians, astronomers, writers, doctors. Qur'an contains very accurate scientific informations about the creation of universe, earth, life, humans, plus it contains a very strange mathematic code, which indeed exists and it has been hinted in the book itself. One verse in the Qur'an says "Over it is 19". There are 114 chapters of Qur'an, 6x19, the first line of every chapter, the basmallah, contains 19 arabic letters, the word Allah is mentioned some 3000 and something (cant remember the exact number now) times in the book, again a multiple of 19. Many other things have been discovered, I have read a book about it.
There is always a possibility of coincidence, or the fact that if you look hard enough you can find numerical pattern anywhere. Also middle east is the cradle of civilisation, the home of ancient babylon, ninive, sumerians, it is very much possible that scientific "miracles" of Qur'an are just ancient knowledge rediscovered and put into Qur'an to make it seem like it is from God.

However you choose to look at Qur'an, as a miracle or coincidence, it still is one damn fine work of literature and a great summary of almost all existing religions, plus you get stories about another dimensions, aliens, another planets, ancient wars, good vs. evil epic battles and many more

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
hehe. Yes, the Koran is like a pearl, most like the Bible. A beautiful work indeed, and I do believe that it was channeled to Mohammed through Arch Gabriel. But I don't believe you could proove it by saying the number 19 is coded in to almost every verse. This is quite easy to do, even without computers and it was (and still is I guess) quite common with books like this one, the Bible is one example. The number 72 is a number you find all through the Bible for instance. It has been thought that 72 is the "number of God". However, it has more to do with calendars and time than God I guess. They used books like the Bible as a collection of science and knowledge, and the calendar was to the ancients something sacred, because it was the calendar which told them when to celebrate the festivals of God etc. I'm not quite sure about the signifficance of the number 19 though. Other than that it is a prime and has an interresting geometry it seems. What do you know about the number 19, Paperclip? You're a Muslim aren't you?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Yes, I am Muslim.

Mysticism of number 19 is not new. The Qur'an code was discovered in 1974 by a man named Rashad Khalifa (egyptian born, he studied in USA, had a PhD in biochemistry and, apart from his research of nature AND of Qur'an numerical code, he has tried to expose the corruption of islamic faith by saudi royals and other extremists, I guess many didn't like it, he was assasinated by terrorists
), but the number 19 in connection to God has been mentioned in 11th century by a jewish Rabi Judah the Pious, as a number of God and universe. Jews have always connected their faith with math and numbers and Islam itself has a lot more similarities with Judaism then with Christianity. The numerology is also a part of Islam ( letters equal numbers thing) but not as developed as jewish numerology.... until recently.

Here is a really good link about it:

www.universalunity.net...

Personaly, I do believe that the language of God is math and numbers.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
OK. Thanks for the info. Do you have some links about the number 19 and God. About the numerology etc. Personally I believe that God's language is neither letters or numbers, but rather the senses.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

new topics

top topics

join