It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw my first UFO (or not)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I hesitated about writing here cos i don't have pictures/videos. But i thought maybe someone else saw the same thing...hey, it's a big world, you never know.

Ok, the time was just before 5.30am. I had just got up, and opened the back door to have a cigarette. I love looking at the stars and i have found (since starting to get up at this unGodly hour) that the stars are magnificent at this time, much brighter than at night.

So right ahead of me, looking more or less East (I am in London) i notice two lovely bright stars. From my perspective, they are about one thumb apart, one on top of the other. The top one i thought.. is Mars, cos its orange.

But as soon as i see them, they start moving. Or so it seems. Do you know when you see clouds moving across the night sky and there is also a star there, it kind of looks like the star is moving too?
Well, it was that kind of thing.

My eyes quickly darting to other near stars however, i was able to gain some perspective and realised that "Mars" was in fact the one that was moving. Directly downwards. So at first glance it looked like they were BOTH moving towards each other.

So it moves down in a straight line, and i can't quite recall if it went behind the other star or just missed it slightly as it then became the lower focal point.

It got so far until it basically looked like they had just changed places. And then as i watched it, it seemed to go directly away from me.

It wasn't a plane. I live quite near Heathrow and know what planes look like. It wasn't flashing at all. Just an orange ball. And as if to prove my point to myself, about 10 seconds after (while i was still staring at the blank space it had disappeared into), a plane flew over, flashing lights and all.

I have seen planes come from every direction and all those i see, from whatever perspective, all have flashing lights. And anyway, this, was different, entirely, the way it moved downwards and then away from me.

So thats it. I feel all lovely and excited.

If anyone saw anything similar, that would be great.
Anyway, just thought i'd share.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by geek101]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
That is awesome! I have seen one as well and I know the feeling you describe! Congrats! You are one of us now

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
there was another thread this week, and some posters figured it might be venus.

just a thought

ats link

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
So from your perspective it was about the size of a star in the sky?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hey 101

They claimed I was looking at Venus. Vega, Mars, Saturn and even
one claimed it was the moon ... LOL

Never know what you'll find when looking up

Course as I found out this week. It's always best to
have a camcorder handy for special occasions like
this one. Best of luck with your search as I think it's
gonna next to impossible to answer your question
without a photo or video

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
That is awesome! I have seen one as well and I know the feeling you describe! Congrats! You are one of us now

Yeah, its kinda cool. I feel special

No it wasn't Venus. Venus is frigging huge right now at that time of the morning, and it was off towards to south area.

Yeah it was about the size of a star.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeta115

I don't have a camcorder, and the only camera, we have lost the battery charger for it (if my ex is reading this, we haven't LOST it, it just got misplaced)....

I can't wait for my kids to get up out of bed so i can tell them.
I always wanted to see something and never have. And this morning, i was like numb (not just because it was freezing out there), but just like....wow. (If "wow" ever needed to be used in a sentence, it is this one)

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
That is awesome!! I have been wanting that experience since I can remember.... Not sure where the discussion will go...these can end up going on tangents forever. It would be cool to investigate the site for a while with a camera and see what can happen... Good luck to you

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff Riff
That is awesome!! I have been wanting that experience since I can remember.... Not sure where the discussion will go...these can end up going on tangents forever. It would be cool to investigate the site for a while with a camera and see what can happen... Good luck to you

well, i am definitely gonna step up the search for the battery charger to the camera today, and tomorrow morning, i will be looking up there.
I feel so happy, it's rather ridiculous really.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
When I go camping I fall asleep looking at the stars and I always see stars that seem to be moving, I have come to the conclusion that they are satellites cause I see them everytime I go camping, I know they are not planes unless it is a black project of planes flying at high altitudes which I doubt since I specialized in air surveilance radar in the US Navy that had a max ceiling of 150K ft and I have never seen anything above 100K ft But back to the satellites, when I see them they move slowly across the sky taking about a half hour to go horizon to horizon. I will try getting some video for you.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

i have never seen a satellite but if they move at that speed then i don't think it was one. This moved quite quickly, downwards and then away from me.
And are they usually orange?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Definately sounds interesting, yeah satellites travel in an horizontal pattern so this does not seem to be a satellite. Try to get some pictures and see if you can talk to some other early birds in your neighborhood and see if they saw it too. When I had my encounter there was 4 witnesses that night. Could have been the nicotine going to your head early in the morning.....
like everyone else said it is hard to decipher without pictures or video...I am not one of these debunker people on here I am very open and have recently become very active in investigating UFO's....

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

There is nothing silly about it at all. Its exciting to be involved in something like that. I have the feeling that most of us on this post have been interested since childhood, so I can imagine it being quite thrilling

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

The ISS was visible from London between 05:25 and 0528 this morning, heading towards the East.

Here are the details from heavens-above.com.

And a sky chart of the path taken by the ISS :

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
eaglewingz

ok, well by the looks of that, i am thinking that is what i saw. Sorry everyone

I was looking for that questin mark type constellation, and there it is, and the star above the red arrow would be the one i saw. The path doesn't seem quite right though, it definitely didn't go that way, it went down and away, from where that star (above the red arrow) is.
And it was orange. Are they orange?

But hey, i am still pretty psyched.....i saw the ISS!

edit to add something

edit again to say this: my sense of direction is obviously pretty screwed up. I swear i was looking to the East.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

No, your sense of direction is fine

It would have been moving in the Eastern hemisphere of the sky from your perspective. Also down towards the horizon as you observed.

The orange appearance is also possible, depending on atmospheric conditions.

Keep looking up!

new topics

top topics

join