It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK ramps up Police State methods - testing for US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Check out this latest story from the UK:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The UK is already way ahead of the rest of the world in controlling their population. Gun control is essentially %100, they have millions of camera watching every corner of every city and town (some of them even feature speakers where people are 'corrected' for behaviours on the spot), and now travel out of the country is going to be strictly monitored as per the information in this link.

How did this happen? Why aren't supposedly free citizens in the UK outraged at the blatant destruction of all forms of privacy? Why haven't they risen up and marched in the streets en masse, organized complete and total work stoppages to let the government know that they have had enough?

Worse yet, you know that all of this is perfect testing on a relatively 'obedient' population, and the powers the be in the US are watching this happen with great approval. It has started in the schools, where all rights are suspended and kids are watched with cameras and controlled in every way possible. It will spread to the streetsof the major cities soon enough, already they come up with a new terror scare on a regular basis in order to justify bringing in troops to harass citizens and search their cars and bags while going about their everyday business. We are seeing it at the subway stations, at the big sporting events, and soon enough we will see it at any place where a lot of the public gathers. Everyone going into any of the Disneyland theme parks is now forced to use a fingerprint scanner to enter the park, supposedly an attempt to stop "forgery of tickets". Come on, that is beyond a 'stretch' and is obviously yet another way to force the concept of obedience and control on the public.

Will there be a breaking point reached in the US? Or will the citizens do nothing as their rights and privacy are stripped away one layer at a time, and there is never a concerted effort to combine the outrage and do something about it. At the rate things are going, public protest will very soon be considered an act of domestic terror. Already people have accepted that they have to apply for a permit to protest, under conditions of where and when they can do it. Is it already too late? The Police State is a very slippery slope indeed, when will YOU be outraged enough to do something tangible about it?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Greath thread and you've really nailed what it's all about. A few days ago I made an obvious prediction in-chime with the 'huge terrorist threat' about having more laws to detain terrorists. Yup passed legislation today. A brilliant kingdom aren't we?

How did this happen?
The people who call the shots made it happen

Why aren't supposedly free citizens in the UK outraged at the blatant destruction of all forms of privacy?
We are disgusted. However, our resources to keep us alive (money) is low because we are the most taxed country in the world (probably both percentage and nubmer of taxes wise).

Why haven't they risen up and marched in the streets en masse, organized complete and total work stoppages to let the government know that they have had enough?
1. Too busy trying to live the English dream. 2.4 Children and a foriegn holiday each year. I have considered 'preaching' but it does make people look nuts.

2. We might get mistaken for a Brazillian electrician... O, I mean terrorist!

3. Criminal sentencing (read up about the 'Lyrical Terrorist' and there's a thread I posted a while back somewhere...no material evidence needed)

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i Hear it all, ID cards, Fingerprinting , barcodes on wheelie bins , i hear it all but havnt seen it YET.
Refuse it thats what i intend to do in the good old fashioned eccentric english manner.
Im not sure if they will bring some of these proposels into effect and i think by releasing these ideas through the media , will anger us into doing something that they what us to do so they can bring these proposals into effect.
But if my bin gets barcoded ,ill rip it off and blame it on hoodies
If they give me an ID card ill throw it away and blame it on being mugged.
If i have to get fingerprinted for a passport ill cut my fingers with a stanley knife so they dont get a very good copy.
They'll do whatever they want to do because its all to late now.
But we can defiy them by being stubborn and annoying them
Play them in your own game , keep your cool and find them amusing .

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Sensationalist thread at best.

Why aren't the British people marching in outrage? Because most of us in this country are very happy with a very good quality of living and don't feel our life's are being infringed on by anybody or party.

Yes there are cameras in the cities to monitor crime and traffic. Outside of the cities the only cameras you will see are are privately owned to safe guard small businesses or private property.

To be quite frank if our cities weren't so monitored there would be absolute chaos and anarchy!

We need our cameras they're there for a reason.

If the population of Britain felt there rights we're being stripped there would be trouble, but as it stands all the measures being drafted by our Government are for a very good reason.

Immigration, Terrorism and crime.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It's 50/50 for me...

The camera's can be a good thing, muggers, rapists and paedophiles will always think twice nowadays cos of the face recognition... also if somebody does get mugged, then there's a good chance the criminal will be caught within a day or two...

I don't agree with fingerprinting our children, in fact it's disgusting.... Also the ID cards are a bad idea, as is a cashless society and the microchips... I'll refuse them all or throw them away...

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well I can't say I agree with Paul. The only thing that gets protests in this country is 'the environment'. Most of us are to busy to protest and to busy faking illness to proclaim that it's our right to protest.

I think regal has got it and what to do.

Although, it could be said it will help with Immigration, Terrorism & crime, I think there's a bigger agenda behind it all. Besides, before we had the cameras and we were all o.k.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
It's 50/50 for me...

The camera's can be a good thing, muggers, rapists and paedophiles will always think twice nowadays cos of the face recognition... also if somebody does get mugged, then there's a good chance the criminal will be caught within a day or two...

O PUH-LEASE!

Tell me where we are going to put them?

O ...wait

Sorry, but it had to be said.

I can see the good points but the whole idea kind of pisses on itself really.

"I promise I won't do it again"

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well if look throughout recent British history you will see that massive protests have taken place. The poll tax riot and the Iraq war demonstrations where millions of people came out to protest. You also have the transport strike where the haulage firms bought the roads to a standstill. You push the British public to far and I can guarantee you they'll come out fighting like hell.

I don't agree with finger printing children and I'm dead against I'D cards. I'll refuse the I.D card and if I ever get one I'll burn it the next day.

Nobody can force you do anything but if you don't comply with the authorities then your going to be restricted.

I've got no intention of answering hundreds of questions just so I can go on a plane, from next year I'll be taking my breaks in Scotland and the South of England.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If it becomes intolerable increasing numbers of the able will vote with their feet and emigrate.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
Sensationalist thread at best.

Why aren't the British people marching in outrage? Because most of us in this country are very happy with a very good quality of living and don't feel our life's are being infringed on by anybody or party.

Yes there are cameras in the cities to monitor crime and traffic. Outside of the cities the only cameras you will see are are privately owned to safe guard small businesses or private property.

To be quite frank if our cities weren't so monitored there would be absolute chaos and anarchy!

We need our cameras they're there for a reason.

If the population of Britain felt there rights we're being stripped there would be trouble, but as it stands all the measures being drafted by our Government are for a very good reason.

Immigration, Terrorism and crime.

Wow why do you need cameras in a city to prevent absolute chaos and anarchy? Other cities, much bigger than yours, don't have cameras and they're perfectly fine. You British people must suck some major balls if you need camera on the streets to prevent chaos. You guys obviously have bigger issues to worry about such as bumming fags..

[edit on 19-11-2007 by NegativeBeef]

new topics

top topics

join