It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter from Hell *Disturbing Video*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I just found a site called "Godtube" and this was the first video I found:

www.godtube.com...

I was highly disturbed and had to turn down the volume a bit.

I mean seriously, religion is using scare tactics to try to convert people. It's sad. I'm not even going to go on with my rant, I'm disturbed and mad.

Discuss.

[edit on 11/14/2007 by Hyzera]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
RUN! I say...RUN!

from this insidious christian indoctrination video...RUN!!!

What a sick way to indoctrinate good-intentioned humans...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I just watched....That is very disturbing.......Propaganda at its finest.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Jude 1:13

Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I am sorry butt that was the lamest thing I have ever seen. I find the video offensive.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
What you fail to realize is that the appropriatness of this video is wholly and exclusively dependent on the existence of hell.
If that place really exists (and it does), then it is appropriate.
In this life, you wouldn't care 2 bits about how offensive a message was if it had the power to save you from a fire.
What's goes for the body goes for the soul.

If you can get past the indignation, think about it.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Isaiah 24:21]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isaiah 24:21
If that place really exists (and it does), then it is appropriate.

I am a Catholic and i don't believe there is a Hell like that which has been sensationalized - a sea of fire etc. Nope, not i. Though I know i won't be headed there IF it does exist i still don't believe it being that. Why? Think about it!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Scarry video. But, why did that beer drinking dude in hell blame his friend where the gospel can be found everywhere? "It's your fault I'm here!"

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I'm confused here, does being a Catholic give you greater insight on the existence of hell than the Lord Jesus Christ himself?

Incidently, do you believe in heaven?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I'm confused here, does being a Catholic give you greater insight on the existence of hell than the Lord Jesus Christ himself?
Incidently, do you believe in heaven?

There is nothing to be confused about. Being a Catholic doesn't mean i have to believe in hell. I said i was a Catholic for a reason to show that not ALL Catholics believe EVERYTHING. And if you actually read what i posted I said i don't believe hell is what it is said to be. Still confused? Hope i don't sound as condescending - anyways....

I never compared myself to the Lord Jesus and neither can you due to the fact that you don't know what insight he has. Yes i believe in Heaven.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Why sure I do, it's simple really, I just have to open the Bible and read his words.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
:46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
:48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

On and on...he actually spoke more about hell than heaven if you check the verses. He doesn't want anybody to go there. That's why he offers eternal life as a free gift by trusting the blood he shed on Calvary.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Why sure I do, it's simple really, I just have to open the Bible and read his words.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: *SNIP*

Ok, I would seriously start worrying if you take it all literally! If thy hand offend thee... hmmm... now let me see, i would assume, being human, one would do things with ones hand that would be "questionable" so you will then REALLY need to cut it of.

Now if i may be so bold, so that we do not derail this thread, that we can continue this here if you like.

It is more appropriate and respectful to the OP owner.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Okay well first of all, this video isn't targeting non-christians. It is targeting christians in an effort to get them to convert more people to christianity. They're not villifying Zack (the christian who never said anything), not Josh. It might be less offensive if you look at it that way.

Everything i've heard from christian friends is that God will come to YOU. Whether that's an individual journey or one brought about by a friend (like Zack) is open. For example, my sister doesn't blame me for not being christian. She blames herself for not helping me find Jesus Christ.

Onto the video. I love how they say this isn't meant as a scare tactic, and yet all the imagery and audio seems to veer toward the contrary. Just saying it's not intended as a scare tactic doesn't clear you from responsibility. You have to keep that "comforting mesage" in mind throughout the entire ordeal.

I don't believe in the bible God, so i don't believe in heaven or hell as depicted here. The video isn't offensive to me because it has no bearing on my opinions or beliefs.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The scariest bit about this is that it was shown in school as part of a RE lesson according to one of the comments! :shk:

I personally sense a gasp of desperation when people/religions resort to using these kind of tactics to spread their faith.

Gareth.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
that was probobly the most disturbing video i've ever seen. im a christian and i know its good to tell your friends about god and everything if they dont kno but this video is rediculous. thats the kinda stuff that vauses nightmares right there.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
First off, I'm not a Christian. I'm a spiritualistic Atheist (I call myself that because there really isn't a term for what I am).
A few things always bothers me when I see stuff like this:
Can't people find their own redemption without relying upon another person or some sort of god? And what about those that have never even heard about jesus, people in remote locations for example, are they going to burn in hell too just because of a little ignorance?
I just think it's ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It never fails to amaze me what tactics Christians will use to try to convert people. That video was really bad.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This post is intended for non believers, as it does not completely depict my feelings about Christianity. Besides, I would never try to alter the beliefs of others. I do disapprove of fear being used by an organized body to alter the behavior of others, but I have nothing against individual Christians.

With that being said, give me a moment to take you on a little flight of fancy:

Imagine that you have just met that special someone and are well on your way to falling in love. This person may very well be the one you have dreamed of all your life. You just need to get to know him/her a little better before you make that final decision on whether or not to take the plunge and get married.

This special person is more than willing to help you make that decision and has in fact prepared a short film about him/her self in order that you be well informed prior to making a commitment.

You snuggle down in a warm embrace with your true love and the film begins. On the screen appears footage of your own true love taking a blow torch to the genitals of some poor naked, helpless victim who is screaming in horrific agony. Your love stops the torture long enough to look lovingly into the camera and say, "This is what I'll do to you too if you even think about cheating on me. This isn't intended to scare you. You know that I love you. Just remember that I will torture you mercilessly if you aren't very careful."

Would you make a commitment to this person?

To me, making a film about hellfire casts GOD in an awful light. It makes me think that GOD is just as deranged as the person in the story above. I don't care who the intended audience might be, the godtube film is a scare tactic and fear can't produce real devotion, only coerced cooperation.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
i agree with some of the things you said like there not being hope for people on remote places or people that grew up with what there parents taught them or whats been there culture or life but i do think there are a few acceptions. i think its that you have faith in god or truly believe.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
As far as people in remote places goes, i can shed some light on that for you.

In the case of native americans who lived and died BEFORE missionaries had a chance to convert them to christianity, they go to heaven because if they never knew about the existence of a christian God in the first place, then they've not made a choice as to whether or not to have faith. Since they don't have the luxury of that choice, they are exempt from hell. Sames goes for mentally retarded people and children.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join