It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1977 Voyager 1 & 2 too risky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Why would we want to expose our selves like that? Isn't homeland security the primary concern of every planet?

Alex Collier says that the Andromedans came here in 1980 for the first time.

See whole interview here about our Galactic neighbors

The video was interesting. You wonder if he's just propaganda. But how could it be if this was from 1994? The video looks old too. So I don't think this is part of the recent UFO disclosure going on and official U.S investigations.

Could it be that President Reagan began the whole SDI defense system in 1985 because of the Voyager 1 and 2? Did we paint a big "X" on Earth by sending out these probes? Well... I just can't understand NASA'S goals.

Collier claims to be a time traveller. This is an Interesting Lecture.

Lecture

Lecture (Cont)

[edit on 11/14/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So, I'm assuming that these aliens are from the galaxy Andromeda? Or are they from a star in the constellation of the same name? Either way, how did these probes, which are even today only now 105 and 84 AUs from the Sun, for Voyager 1 and 2, respectively, come to the attention of aliens so far away?

I have a slow and unreliable internet connection, so maybe that was explained in the video. If you could provide a short synopsis that would be amazing.

EDIT TO ADD:

Also, SDI was just a way to spend the Soviet Union into breaking themselves financially and to "end" the Cold War. It seems to have worked.

[edit on 11/14/2007 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm watching/listening to the video right now.... some early impressions are that his claims are quite unbelievable, but at the same time he seems very genuine. So.... he is either a fantastic liar, completely clinically insane, or telling the truth 100%, hard to tell.

jra

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by StreetCorner Philosopher

I have no doubt that there is other life in our galaxy and in the Andromeda galaxy. But I'd find it extremely improbable that aliens would come here from another galaxy. Adromeda may be the closest galaxy to ours, but 2,500,000 ly is still a hell of a long way to travel.

We have somewhere between 200 to 400 billion stars in our galaxy. It's a lot more likely that if any aliens were to come here, it would be from one them. And like cmdrkeenkid said, Voyager 1 and 2 haven't even left our solar system yet. I don't think they've gotten anyones attention.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

lol. You have a slow connection? Watch it when you have time, U2 me to tell me what you think of it. I have enough synopsis' to write.

Andromeda as in origin. We humanoids of the 5th root didn't evolve here on this one planet, highly improbable given the circumstances. The probes could have been part of NASA'S sub program. Could be we have always been watched by some superior humanoid race responsible for terra forming earth. But after we showed and proved, they just intervene more now, thats all. We are slowly becoming their equal.

But if the theories of Reptilians (mentioned by Collier as well) from Planet Draco hold, then these defense systems could be real. Maybe the Andromedans had lost too many people to the Orion group which in turn, sided with the Draconans making them more powerful.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
hokay...

1. We painted the provebial big 'X' on this good ol' planet, the day we started broadcasting radio and TV signals. So we've informed everybody about ourselves(those who are listening in our direction) in the vicinity of 50-75 light years in every direction. 50+ light years compared to a few AU?

2. If anyone in the vicnity of half that distance(25-35 light years) had the minimum ability to respond with a similar signals, we may have heard from them if we were listening in the correct direction. Apparently one of these variables didn't click.
  3. If anyone in this sphere(of radius 50-75 light years with Earth as the centre) had the ability to come see us by using FTL methods then they are already here;either engaged in nefarious activities or just looking at us and geting a good laugh. If they want to rid the verse of us, they can do it without us being the wiser. Since htey haven't done it till the time you read this, either 'they' don't want to do it, they are waiting to do it or 'they' aren't even here.

Bottomline,by the logic the threadstarter applies ,we 'screwed ourselves over' some 50 years ago. Everyday is a bonus eh?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

But if the theories of Reptilians (mentioned by Collier as well) from Planet Draco hold, then these defense systems could be real.

Oh dear. Draco is a constellation in the northern hemisphere, not a star or a planet!

Maybe the Andromedans had lost too many people to the Orion group which in turn, sided with the Draconans making them more powerful.

Maybe that would be a good plot for the next Star Trek movie (assuming they're going to bother with one this time!!!)

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ok, so who do you guys think this Alex Collier really is ? I think he's a real weirdo if you ask me. I'm reading his pages and its all so detailed! Why would Collier and the people behind his website make up all that stuff? They should of saved it for a Star Trek film if anything.

Now if you all watched that video, the man clearly believes what he's saying. Acting is one thing, but I don't see evidence of him acting. His information is similar to many other UFOlogists research too.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by timelike
Maybe that would be a good plot for the next Star Trek movie (assuming they're going to bother with one this time!!!)

Oh .. but they have too! One centering around the ST Voyager crew.
Always up a for bit of good sci-fi, I am!

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Me too Daedalus3! I'm quite sure that all of the alien spieces and some of their so-called conflicts (the Orion-Procyon war always sounds to me like something out of Stargate) are just sci-fi roleplay!

Anyhow, I thought the next ST film was going to feature the crew (not cast) from TOS?

[edit on 16-11-2007 by timelike]

top topics

join