It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Demands Reopening Of 1952 Luxembourg Treaty On Reparations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Israel Demands Reopening Of 1952 Luxembourg Treaty On Reparations

www.haaretz.com

Minister for Pensioner Affairs Rafi Eitan is seeking to reopen the 1952 reparations agreement between Israel and Germany.

Eitan, the minister in charge of the talks with Germany on reparations for Holocaust survivors and retrieving Jewish property, intends to discuss the matter with the German finance minister when he comes to Israel in two weeks’ time.

Eitan told Haaretz that the original reparations agreement, the Luxembourg Agreement, did not take into account many issues relating to....
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Okay.

What happened to the Jews during the holocaust was a HORRIBLE thing.

In fact, it was just as horrible as what happened to the handicapped and the gypsies.

BUT, the fact remains that the majority of the German people alive today had NOTHING to do with the holocaust. It is NOT there place to pay these "reparations".

Plus, I must say that it disgusts me a bit to see a group trying to make bank on the suffering of those that preceded them.

Jasn

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

whats so supprising?
they arent even real Jews that control Israel

The germans should show them the middle finger and tell them to suck on it, the current regieme in Israel think they can pretty much do anything because of what happend in the past,

heck genocide in Turkey and so on and the Israelis dont even want to call that genocide,

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Uhh.. Israel is a little over 50 years late on this. Why are they trying to reinstate a treaty that is 50 + years old? People have moved on. Though it seems like nothing was learned, people have moved on.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I believe the Germans are indeed telling the Jews in question to go "love" themselves.

I certainly hope so.

As a side note, is the main article link working for you guys?

I just tried to get the "Germany response" article and the entire site seems to be down for me now.

Jasn

new topics

top topics

join