It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need member volunteers to review FOIA documents

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'll be more than glad to volunteer. thanks!

[edit on 17-11-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
A tad late, I know.

Bill likes me, like that.

I'll volunteer.

Let me know what I need to do.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Take goosdawg, I'm lame. He will be a very good addition to your services. Guarantided.

[edit on 17-11-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Im sure I could help with this! I have a fair bit of spare time and would be glad to help in anyway.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Have the volunteers already been selected? A member here has the badge:

Never mind. It would appear I missed out, as well at quite a few other members.

[edit on 18/11/2007 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

I believe some have, I happened upon a chat session they had - not a lot was said other than how difficult it was to upgrade adobe to the recent 8+ ver, took em all afternoon - I asked them how thin their internet pipe was, that didn't go down very well.

Forget the names now - but the 2 or 3 I looked at had in the region of 100 ats points - they had the badge.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hello all...

Thank you all for your responses. We've had more than 120 volunteers contact Springer or myself via U2U. Unfortunately, for organizational purposes, we couldn't pick all 120 people, and based our decisions on how you related any previous experience, and your prior involvement in ATS.

For now, the first big push is on a rather large collection of UFO-related documents (over 1,200). As time goes on, we'll be getting into other areas such as covert operations, secret projects, and more. At that time we may reach out again for more volunteers. But for now, we have our initial team.

As you may have seen, some of the documents have begun to trickle into the public FOIA Documents forum... and more will be appearing shortly. If you're not on the volunteer archivist team, but still have a keen interest in these documents, this is your chance to offer assistance. Our archivists are doing the "basic grunt work" of cataloging and providing preliminary commentary on the documents. The goal is to get the material into the public eye, with some descriptions and comments, as quickly as possible... but this is by no means the end of a document's life-cycle, it's just the beginning. When the documents go public, now it's your opportunity to provide your own analysis to augment the first-pass work of our archivists. With the intelligent comments and analysis of our members creating an evolving study of previously secret documents, we're certain we will soon see some stunning discoveries that would not have happened without you.

Also, visitors to the FOIA Documents forum, and threads in that forum, will begin to see an increased level of advertising similar to what you see in Conspiracy Master forums. A significant portion of the ad revenue will be sent to Sergeant Clifford Stone so that he may finally enjoy some level of reward for an amazing body of work. And if we can all discover some stunning items that draws significant attention to these documents, his reward may indeed become significant.

Thank you all for your enthusiasm in this fascinating and potentially important project. With our first-ever large-group analysis of these documents, there are stunning discoveries just around the corner.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I would like to volunteer to help with the FOIA material. I have plenty of free time. I have a Masters Degree in Public Administration so I have done a lot of research.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I can handle documents concerning Russia, containing untranslated data, or references to events in Russia. I'll be able to clarify as much as I can.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
In addition to what SO has just stated, I'd like to also say that with all of us in on the browsing of these documents, we can filter through them more quickly than we can alone. Some of these documents are on the order of 500+ pages, so one can imagine how long it would take to go through them solo. With everyone's assistance on these, once they go public, we should be able to crack any sneaky things that were missed by those that wrote/edited them.

A little nugget of info that I've found in my brief search through these files is that there's a guard at a NV Military Testing facility that claims to have had direct contact with extraterrestrials on TWO occasions. That's just one of the many things that are now surfacing during the search through these little pieces of discreet paper.

SO, Springer, and Simon are doing an excellent job with this, and they should be commended for their efforts. The best way that we can return the favor is to get involved with the research when it comes available. If you're not currently on the research team, don't worry. We're working diligently to bring as many of these out to you as we can. We know how much you all want to peruse these documents, and we'll keep pumping them out as fast as our fingers and brains can muster. All that I can ask is that you all head on over to the forum that SO mentioned and post comments. Oh, and one more thing, keep an eye out, as there's some juicy bits coming that are going to be hard to miss!!!

Gone digging,
TheBorg

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

we may reach out again for more volunteers. But for now, we have our initial team.

Thanks for making this post, SO. I had U2U'd you to volunteer, and was waiting with bated breath for a reply that never came.

I was beginning to think you didn't like me anymore.

Now, at least I know you don't like me any less.......

Let me know if you want me to help do research.

Peace. Out.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I would very much like to help with the FOIA documents. I have free time and a masters degree. I have done a lot of research and once was involved in writing policy documents for the U.S.A.F.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Hope it's not too late to sign up. I love to research documents. I've investigated sightings and even traveled to talked to witnesses. This should be just as fun. Thanks for the opportunity in advance!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I'm very new here and I'd love to help.

I've had 8 years experience with data entry, proof reading, and international data implementation (I was a clinical data coordinator for an international vaccine/pharmaceutical company), and 8 years experience in filing with the military. In addition, I minored in English in college, and I have free time to devote to this project.

Let me know what needs to be done, and I'll let you know if it's within my capabilities.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i will be happy to help

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I would be very interested in reviewing the FOIA documents and volunteer my services to help to do this worthwhile work. I have the time, patience and hopefully life's experience and wisdom to apply to this task. Unfortunately I have had no previous experience with FOIA documents - but hopefully, that will not be a problem and this will be the start.

Let me know if I can be any help or assistance in this worthy project.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Unfortunately the upper level of this program (The Archivists) have all but stopped work. The FOIA Forum has not had many, if any new additions in nearly a month.

We need help folks, this is a very important resource that should be available to all who have the desire to desire to deny ignorance by way of real research.

We need people who can commit at least two hours a day (or more) on a consistent basis to converting these documents so the threads can be started by the reviewers.

Who is willing to help? What has happened to those who started this before holidays? What can we do to make this easier/better?

We have incentives (extremely cool, collector's item, t-shirts) for those who really help.

We need a team of dedicated archivists who can spearhead this project and for the first time ever, create an archive that is searchable, intuitive and contains the commentary and discussion of the brightest minds on the web, those of the membership of AboveTopSecret.com.

I can see this team needing a leader and some associate members to help keep the work flow moving. I am confident that out of the 100,000+ members we have, there are many who have enough passion for the freedom of information and the throwing back of the curtain of deception to get this done.

Please u2u SkepticOverlord if you are willing and able to commit to getting this very important project restarted and keep it running until the work is done.

Thanks

Springer...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

With all due respect Springer, some of us offered our services the day this thread was posted using u2u and we didnt get so much as a courteous thanks but no thanks reply, which i think is a little disrespectful to those who where serious about willing to help.

Especially myself who cant work anymore due to disability and way more than a few hours each day, however the offer is still there but with less enthusiasm than before, it saddens me to think this site is coming like the rest of them where the members are only shown selected areas and where the mods have their selected favs when it comes to posters.

Please stop the ATS rut from becoming bigger, i may have only become a member last year but believe me when i say i have been around a way lot longer.

Just one more thing before i finish (and prob be deleted) i was very disturbed when the 5th of november came around and after weeks of ads building us up to what i thought was going to be a spectacular disclosure of somekind or at the very least a massive puch towards that goal, it ended up as a yoo hoo look at us partying folks this is for you nonsence it wasn't really fair simply because after 2 hrs of watching the champagne flowing we got what? a thank you for tuning in and watching us have a good time? not even a loyalty point for anyone, i find it sad but thats just me, ill sit back now and take my beating..

Rant over

Kindest regards ..azz..

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I replied to every u2u I received, which I always try to do anyway (ask around), so either yours didn't get to me or I just missed it.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well then i apologise we all miss things when we are very busy which i know you are, and i also apologise for the rant its no excuse but i am having a week from hell and its getting no better, i guess something in this thread got up my nose, thing is im not sure what it is, anyhow im sure there are tons of people worse off and i feel so sorry for them.

Brightest blessings to all.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join