It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The God Who Wasn't There

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I came across this little number and found it quite interesting, it's about a movie deemed to do to religion what the film super size me does to fast food!

Please watch the trailer and share your opinions.

Trailer

Homepage

Enjoy!!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

very good movie, i bought the DVD myself. great research and the citations are included in the special features

also good commentary tracks.

it really makes you think

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
this is the best movie ever

not only because is an eye-opener, but also because creationist are saying this movie was done by [Satan]The devil, and that my friend is very funny.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Drzava

indeed, it's always quite amusing to watch people label something as the work of satan....

movies, music, books, documentaries

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Brilliant, I didn't know if anyone had seen it.

Now I'm not one to put religion down, but when it comes to christianity, which in my eyes is evil, then I love it!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I am very familiar with all the so called criticisms of Christianity.
They are all based on ( willing? ignorance) of the basic tenants of Christianity.
People just can' t keep those basic truths in their hearts. Because
they are contrary to human nature. You must be born again of God's Spirit,
By asking the Spirit of Jesus Christ to come into your heart. Before you can live in the truth. Other wise you are doomed to fall back into the devils deception. Not having any resistance to his lies.
All flesh is corrupted with evil. God will save all those who receive Jesus Christ into their hearts, accepting God's plan of redemption. Redemption for mankind. By God's plan. Not man's plan.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Howie47]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

I like to approach everything with an open mind. Nobody wants to be deceived or follow the wrong path so it is great to be open to criticism and to be open to views that could possibly refute everything you ever believed. However, this film does none of the above with any shred of accuracy.

A big point of this film is the pagan copycat Christ Myth. This view has been debunked for over 100 years. It's actually embarrassing to those who still believe it.

Then look at the people involved in the film and used as experts. Sorry, but that is just pitiful.

Most of the film consists of nothing but debunked information and 'arguments by outrage.' Not to mention 'errors' that simply do not exist.

Simply put, it's nonsense. Zeitgeist was harder to debunk than TGWWT... and that isn't saying very much.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Interesting movie I will definitely will see, I, like many, have open mind and views of anything in the divine category and for that reason religion and faith is something I like to debate but with skepticism.

Knowing as I know the history of humanity, been open minded ensures that everything is taken into consideration.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The entire flic.

video.google.com...

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Lilitu]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Must be fun to just equate christianity with the cuture of the Dark Ages.
Makes it really easy to attack.
The Roman Empire was based on evil, just by being an Empire.
The best intentions in the world are corrupted beyond recognition, once the power of might becomes its basis for existance.
The Empire was crushed by its own weight of corruption.
Once the Empire fell, it was repaced by something even worse.
that was complete lawlessness.
The church tried to bring about civil order.
It set up laws and courts and government.
But it became an empire itself and was also corrupted, just as the Romans were, before it.
But, to renounce the whole of christianity by the works of certain evil persons, lusting for power is to just condem all humanity.
Christianity, overall has done a lot more good for the people of earth than they have evil.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by TheOmen

I like to approach everything with an open mind. Nobody wants to be deceived or follow the wrong path so it is great to be open to criticism and to be open to views that could possibly refute everything you ever believed. However, this film does none of the above with any shred of accuracy.

A big point of this film is the pagan copycat Christ Myth. This view has been debunked for over 100 years. It's actually embarrassing to those who still believe it.

Then look at the people involved in the film and used as experts. Sorry, but that is just pitiful.

Most of the film consists of nothing but debunked information and 'arguments by outrage.' Not to mention 'errors' that simply do not exist.

Simply put, it's nonsense. Zeitgeist was harder to debunk than TGWWT... and that isn't saying very much.

OmG That GARBAGE HAS IMPRESSED THE SO CALLED SCIENCE COMMUNITY HA HA HA.

Well what can you expect from people who think we came from a "mudd puddle. I guess they believe in MAGIC!! HA HA HA HA '

I am starting to feel flattered that we are so damn important to the Atheist Religion that they are at effect of our cause

HA HA HA

Get a life Atheists

- Con

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Do I dare accuse those who swallow the false information presented in this documentary as having blind faith?

Why, yes. I'll dare to do so.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOmen

How about a summary... there are still folks out there on dialup who really can't view vids. What were the main points? What's the conspiracy that it mentions?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
How about a summary... there are still folks out there on dialup who really can't view vids. What were the main points? What's the conspiracy that it mentions?

It's been a while since I've seen it but it is slightly similar to Zeitgeist (even uses some of the same footage). It focuses on the Christ Myth hypothesis the most and uses some of the following:

1) The life of Jesus was taken from the myths of pagan gods.
2) Mentions a few examples of Christian nutties.
3) Discusses the Hero Pattern.
4) Cries about the disturbing imagery in 'The Passion.'
5) Makes fun of the extreme Christian right.
6) Has some clips of street interviews of Christians who don't know their head from a hole in the ground.
7) Uses Koresh and Manson as examples of Christians while forgetting the fact they weren't necessarily Christians but nutties who thought they were the Christ.
8) Misquotes some early church fathers out of context.
9) Cites the long since debunked 'The World's 16 Crucified Saviors.'

That's all I can remember. Just a bunch of arguments by outrage and disinformation about other pagan gods. All talk, little substance. Again, very similar to Zeitgeist.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
the GOD who was never there.. blah blah blah .. they said that about God in Paul's day as well except they said.. 'to the unknown God..." you can find it in Acts.. that would be in the new testament just after the book of John!!

hmmmm.....people will ALWAYS be a skeptic unitl they have a personal experience!!!

IF PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW IF GOD IS REAL.....THEY SHOULD JUST ASK HIM IN HUMBLENESS AND EARNESTNESS TO MAKE HIMSELF REAL TO THEM PERSONALLY AND THEN END THE PRAYER WITH "I'LL SERVE YOU GOD FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE IF YOU DID." WHY??

Because if your earnest about it and desperate enough to know, wouldn't you give your very life to know such a mystery?~~~~!!!

BTW: WHEN GOD DOES ANSWER YOU, are you prepared to fulfill your part of the promise?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well, Bless God, you have to wonder just who in the world is behind these kind of films and, mercy come a runnin', why in the world they even go to the trouble to produce such films and then, you have to question their motivation, it's almost like people don't even realize they are being used to promotes someone else’s agenda. Now, I wonder, just who that individual is that is taking advantage of poor, blind, souls, having them to think they have come up with these brilliant ideals all on their own?

I wonder what HE will try next?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by TheOmen

Thank you,, that was very considerate of you. I live 18 miles from the nearest gas station the nearest signs of life on earth and am on dialup.

- Con

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yup, next time this guy will say there is no universe, no stars, no planets and we really don't exist at all. There is no earth and it's all just a "Grand Illlusion", or was it "Grand Delusion". Hey, wasn't that a song by Styx? Name of the band itself is a river in hell. Yeah, that's what I'm talkin about.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Sheese, Con, MOVE TO WHERE THE FOOD IS! lol, just kidding. I luv ya. Just a little more to add two lines...there we go.

top topics

join