It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is insane -- Stanford Op/Ed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Ron Paul is insane -- Stanford Op/Ed

daily.stanford.edu

Ron Paul’s views are a contradictory hodgepodge of conservative and libertarian positions. He opposed the Iraq War but supported Afghanistan. He’s strongly pro-life but vaguely pro-gay-marriage. It seems that he wants to withdraw from most international organizations, including the WTO and the U.N. Despite being “free trade,” he opposes NAFTA, CAFTA and every other free trade agreement the U.S. has signed. He is anti-tax, anti-government spending and wishes to return to the gold standard.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well, it's good to know that the liberal colleges in this country are getting to at least SOME of their students.

I especially appreciate this guy's apparent disbelief that a candidate might actually form is OWN views on the country instead of sticking 110% to party lines.

I believe it was Chris Rock who said something along the lines of, "making your decision about an issue BEFORE you even hear the issue is ignorant" in reference to political candidates (and everyone else as well).

Personally, I can't wait for a candidate who actually does what he thinks is RIGHT instead of doing what he is SUPPOSED to do.

All in all, I don't think this guy did a very good job of dissecting RP and tearing him down.

His main argument seems to be that RP is a loony because he doesn't believe we should be interjecting ourselves in other countries affairs.

If that makes a crazy man, label me NUTS!

Jasn

daily.stanford.edu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Read his other articles, the guy is a diehard Obama fan. He is just trying to cut down the only republican candidate with a chance to beat the democrats.

And this is not surprising coming out of liberal Stanford. Those fools like the little crumbs big government tosses out to them.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Golack]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

If that makes a crazy man, label me NUTS!

YOU'RE NUTS!!!

and so am I.

Read his other articles, the guy is a diehard Obama fan.

You beat me to it.

From the original link, BRIAN MIDDLETON had a good remark of his own to the article.
His is 5th from the top in the comment window.

I am still trying to figure form this "article" what EXACTLY you don't like about Ron Paul, except your erroneous conclusions.
You wrote "its clear that Paul would take away many of the institutions and values that have brought the United States to where it is today, and it’s unclear whether his own supporters really want to see a Ron Paullian dystopia."
What are the so-called great values you seem to think that the US has today? You associate Paul with somehow going to a path leading to a dystopia. It couldn't be more opposite. For those who don't know the meaning of dystopia, check your dictionary DYSTOPIA: "an imaginary place where people lead dehumanized and often fearful lives."

This is the first paragraph. He continues, but I just wanted to post a bit so you can check out the other comments as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the only candidate without NWO puppet-strings...democrat and republican...

That is scary for those who are happy with the status quo...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Lets put this to bed...

Ron Paul’s views are a contradictory hodgepodge of conservative and libertarian positions.

If you look at the libertarian party it does have a lot of conservative views and if anything that party can heavily lean in that direction much more than towards democrat views, so I have no clue what he is getting at with this statement and I find it rather ignorant.

He opposed the Iraq War but supported Afghanistan.

Ok, is there a single person on ATS that has a problem with a person who supports the Afghanistan effort but is against the Iraq War? .....I hear crickets chirping…another rather, ok I’ll say it...stupid remark.

He’s strongly pro-life but vaguely pro-gay-marriage.

Hell, I'm pro life and anti-gay marrige...so I'm not sure what the reporter's point is here for I'm sure there are pro choice and pro gay marrige and vice-a-versa. They do not have anything in common other than maybe religion which is pro-life and anti-gay which is not why I am the way I am.

This is another stupid statement by the reporter...

It seems that he wants to withdraw from most international organizations, including the WTO and the U.N. Despite being “free trade,” he opposes NAFTA, CAFTA and every other free trade agreement the U.S. has signed.
He is anti-tax, anti-government spending and wishes to return to the gold standard.

Jesus dude have you ever heard of a Constitutionalist? I'm heading from annoyed to wanting to kick this guy’s A$$

Ok maybe I'm kidding, but this guy has no clue to what he is talking about and is a perfect example of the Darwin theory not able to do it stuff.

BTW SimiusDei you need to take me off your foe list for we just agreed on something...

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
"Free Trade" is a misnomer. He believes in free trade as you or I would think of the meaning of the words.

What he opposes is the lack of regulation of corporate agreements and labor laws which would essentially reduce wages, export jobs, and further the decline of the middle class in the united states.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I'm with you 110% xtro.

If we stay on this path, I may have to move you to the friends category. That sucks too because I don't have enough foes.

Thanks for contributing!
Jasn

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

BTW SimiusDei you need to take me off your foe list for we just agreed on something...

HAHAHAHHAHA GET OUT OF MY BRAIN!!!!!!!

You were editing this just as I was writing the exact same thing.

You devil! Stop reading my mind!!!

Consider yourself shifted to the friends list.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei

You were editing this just as I was writing the exact same thing.
You devil! Stop reading my mind!!!

consider yourself shifted to the friends list.

Jasn

Damit dude I only got 2 foes. I'm sure we will soon head down the path of disagreement, but I'll do it as a friend

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Sounds good to me bro.

ATS: Bringing People Together! hehehehehe

Jasn

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Ron Paul’s views are a contradictory hodgepodge of conservative and libertarian positions. He opposed the Iraq War but supported Afghanistan. He’s strongly pro-life but vaguely pro-gay-marriage. It seems that he wants to withdraw from most international organizations, including the WTO and the U.N. Despite being “free trade,” he opposes NAFTA, CAFTA and every other free trade agreement the U.S. has signed. He is anti-tax, anti-government spending and wishes to return to the gold standard.

Cool. Well that is just about everthing I am down with as well. Sounds good to me. I'm voting for R. P.

Like Golak said, this guy is "attempting" to smear Paul's image. He just enhanced it for me.

We do need to return to the gold standard. It was a bad idea to leave it. 2 pennies.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

We do need to return to the gold standard. It was a bad idea to leave it. 2 pennies.
How come?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
All in all, I don't think this guy did a very good job of dissecting RP and tearing him down.
I 100% agree. This happy little polemic was rambling and bordered on the incomprehensible.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

Originally posted by kleverone

How come?

In 1934, the U.S. went off the gold standard to limit private citizens' access to gold, giving the federal government greater influence over the economy. Our legal tender is now backed by the U.S. Government's promise to pay.

We Promise to pay you. Just put it on our 6 trillion dollar tab

I love when the the federal government has a greater influence over the economy. Poverty is cool
Middle class is overated!

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I really can't believe how many Ron Paul bashers there are. I don't mind if people don't support him, but to go out of your way to make a strong statement of disapproval or even hate towards the guy?

Is being a supporter of the Constitution a bad thing now? Did I miss something?

Did 9/11 make everyone in this country a raving war mongering dreaming of being a slave in a police state idiot? Or was that belief already in place?

Yes, lets bash a guy that supports freedom and good economy, and support the status quo, wave our American flags made in China, and never disapprove of or question the motives of corporate puppet satanic worshiping lying sacks of s**t like Hitlery, Giuliani, or F. Thompson.

Real smart. Go America!!!!!!11111

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
I really can't believe how many Ron Paul bashers there are. I don't mind if people don't support him, but to go out of your way to make a strong statement of disapproval or even hate towards the guy?

From the number of threads about him it seems that just about everybody on ATS is a Ron Paul supporter. He's a dark horse candidate that more and more people want to back just for that reason. I wouldn't call him insane, but I don't agree with some of his laissez-faire-capitalist positions. Also he looks like something of a social Darwinist. That might be okay as long as you are, or think you are, on top of the heap--young, strong, healthy, fit and above average in intelligence. I don't know his position on Social Security, but I suspect he's against that too--too much government. This may be a "strong statement of disapproval" though I think it's pretty mild. Ron Paul is running for president. No political candidate can be exempt from criticism.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

I'm not saying he shouldn't be criticized. I don't agree with him 100% on everything. I think if you put yourself in to the position of running for president, you should expect criticism.

So, I don't care if people criticize or question him. That's part of the process. I'm talking about the hate speech, calling his supporters terrorists, calling him a terrorist or a traitor or what ever some people call him. I think that's far too extreme and quite a baseless accusation.

new topics

top topics

join