It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Hortons rip off!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ok, I was going to post this in my NY trip thread..but this deserves a rant of it's own.
Just over the border we noticed there were Timmy's restaurants.wooHoo! a
Little Canada in NY.
So we go in..and order a LARGE double double.
OK so it comes in this HUGE cup.
"Um..excuse me miss..but I ordered a large..."
She says.."That is a large.."
WTF!
In Canada..that large is called EXTRA Large.
In the US..It is a large.
WTF Is an EXTRA large Timmy's In NY?Half the pot of coffee?
Iam radically annoyed.Timmy's is Completely Canadian..and we are getting ripped off IMHO.
What the Hell?
Somebody please explain....

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
it's not that you're getting ripped, it's that in the states is all about as much as possible...

all these fast food joints....go in and get you a large drink and see the size of tha friggin thing.

my wife and i tell the people usually to give us either 2 small or a medium to share...of course they say it's the same price....i'm cool with that, i just don't need 100 ouncs of sugar..

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I think Boondock78 probably hit the nail on the head.

Portion sizing is crazy is the US.
Maybe they felt they had to make them bigger to compete and gain market share?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It is actually just business. How many Americans goto Tim Horton's everyday? and How many Canadians? If they were to give those same sizes in Canada then they will lose money. No one is complaining(other then you)because we get our coffee and they get their money.
Have you been to a Starbucks? Those guys charge 3-4 bucks and you have to put the sugar and milk in yourself!
I am going to stick to my Tim Horton's thank you very much.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I bet it's part of the FDAs plan to kill us all off as young as possible. I mean, if it's twice the size it's twice as poisonus right? Why else is McDonalds still legal after Supersize me? It's profitable for the government to raise as many of us as possible (hence all the sex in the media), get us in the workforce asap, and kill us off before we're a burden on them.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I dont know if I could handle a cup of coffee that big, id probably get the jitters before I finished the damn thing.

Besides, can you imagine the coffee breath you'd have after a cup that big? It would strip the paint off the store.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Timmys in the states have eliminated the small coffee all together, so by default our medium is their small and so on.

top topics

join