It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish-Language Radio Station Slams Police for Describing Suspect as 'Hispanic'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Spanish-Language Radio Station Slams Police for Describing Suspect as 'Hispanic'

www.foxnews.com

An Arizona Spanish-language radio station is blasting a local police department for what it says is racial profiling: describing the suspect in a series of child rapes as "Hispanic."

The suspect is described as Hispanic, 28 to 40 years old, short with a muscular build, dark hair and hazel or brown eyes.

Phoenix news talk radio station, KNUV 1190 AM, has complained to the police department about the description, claiming that "Hispanic"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I can't believe this. If the suspect is Hispanic, then why not say it and look for a Hispanic person who fits the description?

All this PC in the world is really getting out of hand.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I wanted to include this tid-bit...

The American Civil Liberties Union said the the suspect's description is not racial profiling. It said if police used race as the sole factor in describing the suspect, that could be racial profiling.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Description: The suspect is described as Hispanic, 28 to 40 years old, short with a muscular build, dark hair and hazel or brown eyes.

No can't put Hispanic, don't want to upset anyone.

Description: The suspect is described as 28 to 40 years old, short with a muscular build, dark hair and hazel or brown eyes.

No can't discriminate an age group...

Description: The suspect is described as short with a muscular build, dark hair and hazel or brown eyes.

No, darn that Randy Newman, can we use "vertically challenged"?.. No

etc. etc...

Politically correct description: The suspect is described as a suspect.

yeah that works....GO get'em

We are getting closer and closer to this description

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a quick look at the Google search for that Phoenix AM, radio station

turns up the 'appearance' that KNUV is a pro-active, en Espanol,
community activist radio station.....
and from my perspective thestation is obligated to create a 'stink',

no matter how ludicrous the claim of profiling-stereotyping-demeaning ethnic slurs by the plice and authorities...........

maybe the person will confine his attacks to the barrio areas near south mountain...where he seems to have a twisted support .

i don't know- -- would 'Latino' be as derogatory ?

top topics

join