It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holmes Related Prediction (Crop Circle)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ok, I'm not much into predictions, but this one caught my attention:

Teaser:

English crop pictures have always concerned themselves with various aspects of astronomy in our solar system. That makes perfect sense, if such messages are being sent to us across vast spans of time, from another human-like culture who lived on Earth in the distant past. What else would two such disparate cultures such as theirs and ours (who might not share a common written or spoken language) have in common, except for science, mathematics or astronomy?

For example, crop pictures from the year 1994 showed many schematic diagrams concerning the impact of Comet Shoemaker-Levy on planet Jupiter (see Kris Sherwood,
www.cropcircleconnector.com/Millennium/scorpiushour.html). Likewise, crop pictures from the year 1995 showed the unexpected outburst and break-up of Comet 73P Schwassman-Wachmann near Earth (see www.cropcircleconnector.com/anasazi/longwoodwarren2006.html
or www.cropcircleconnector.com/anasazi/longwoodwarrren2007.html). In the latter case, news about break-up that comet appeared in English fields three months before professional astronomers on Earth learned of the same event.

Continues...

Original article: www.cropcircleconnector.com...

I'm not saying this is true, as predictions come and go we barely pay attention to them anymore (at least me), but I can't deny it's surprising to see crop circles predicting something of this magnitude.

And so far, nothing on the media.. yet.
As always, we shall wait and see what happens the next week.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tunin

Very cool.

I guess time will tell.... looks like November 21 may be exciting. I always figured those crop circles was showing Nibiru. But that site makes a good argument that it may be Holmes.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well, the image does seem to be indicative of the same thing... However, why would they view astronomical occurences significant enough to earth to predict them?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, the image does seem to be indicative of the same thing... However, why would they view astronomical occurences significant enough to earth to predict them?

Why are they visiting the planet and caring about us at all? I know some of us humans have still not gotten past the fact that they exist, but if you accept that they do, I dont think its very strange that they are trying to indirectly warn us or at least get us to realize they are there.

Edit: I should say that I was thinking more of a UFO/alien explanation for this event rather than the "humans sending back messages through time" theory that the article mentions.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Copernicus, the thing is, they are telling us about events that are taking place millions and millions of miles away. I wonder if the whole "butterfly effect" theory may be true. Perhaps they are telling us what is going on out there hoping that we can better understand what is going on here. I don't know, it's just a thought. You know, "As above, so below."

[edit on 14-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Copernicus, the thing is, they are telling us about events that are taking place millions and millions of miles away. I wonder if the whole "butterfly effect" theory may be true. Perhaps they are telling us what is going on out there hoping that we can better understand what is going on here. I don't know, it's just a thought. You know, "As above, so below."

Yes, at least it shows that they knew this would happen (if you accept the sites theories) a couple of years before it did, and wanted to tell us in advance so we would know they knew when the event occurred. Pretty cool stuff.

Please explain more about what you mean with the butterfly effect since Im not certain I understand exactly what you mean, and I want to be sure that I do.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
Please explain more about what you mean with the butterfly effect since Im not certain I understand exactly what you mean, and I want to be sure that I do.

The whole "butterfly effect" theory implies that what happens at point A, regardless of distance from point B, effects what happens at point B.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Here is a clearer explanation of it, Copernicus

The butterfly effect is a phrase that encapsulates the more technical notion of sensitive dependence on initial conditions in chaos theory. Small variations of the initial condition of a nonlinear dynamical system may produce large variations in the long term behavior of the system. So this is sometimes presented as esoteric behavior, but can be exhibited by very simple systems: for example, a ball placed at the crest of a hill might roll into any of several valleys depending on slight differences in initial position.

The phrase refers to the idea that a butterfly's wings might create tiny changes in the atmosphere that ultimately cause a tornado to appear (or prevent a tornado from appearing). The flapping wing represents a small change in the initial condition of the system, which causes a chain of events leading to large-scale phenomena. Had the butterfly not flapped its wings, the trajectory of the system might have been vastly different.

Effect

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The whole "butterfly effect" theory implies that what happens at point A, regardless of distance from point B, effects what happens at point B.

OK, I understand, but I dont get what this has to do with the crop circles and Comet Holmes? You think the creation of the crop circles made Comet Holmes happen? I dont follow.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
No, I'm saying that they might be warning us of things that are going on up there to better help us understand what is happening on earth, otherwise, I don't see the relevance of them showing us a comet slamming into Jupiter. Understand? If not, I'll try to explain it differently.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Great Find!
I too am starting to think that Holmes may be the Blue Kachina.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

No, I'm saying that they might be warning us of things that are going on up there to better help us understand what is happening on earth, otherwise, I don't see the relevance of them showing us a comet slamming into Jupiter. Understand? If not, I'll try to explain it differently.

I think the relevance is to show us that they exist and are intelligent, with more understanding of time and space than we currently possess ourselfs. But thats just my interpretation of it. They could have intended some other, more important message to come across as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I guess I look at things too esoterically. Everything tends to have spiritual implications to me..

Uh, basically what I am implying,Copernicus, is that the reason they are sending us these images, assuming that the "butterfly effect" theory is true, is so that we can sort of connect the dots.

Look at the world that we are living in. There are wars and chaos raging all over the globe, not to mention the environmental problems. Now, if teh "butterfly effect" is true, and it may be, then the ramifications of the comet slamming into Jupiter is tremendous..

The astronomical symbol for the planet, , is a stylized representation of the god's lightning bolt.
Jupiter

Get my drift?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Now, if teh "butterfly effect" is true, and it may be, then the ramifications of the comet slamming into Jupiter is tremendous..

The astronomical symbol for the planet, , is a stylized representation of the god's lightning bolt.
Jupiter

Get my drift?

Im getting better at it, but you have to keep explaining things to me in that way since I dont have any esoteric knowledge.

So please explain what you mean by the significance being tremendous. Sorry if I seem stupid, Im really not, I just havent got the same background you do in this.

Also you should know that there has been a cropcircle with a butterfly. Here it is: Butterfly effect crop circle from July 2007

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well, given the symbolic imagery of the planet Jupiter, let me see, how do I want to explain this.....

Sigh...

Okay, the "butterfly effect" basically states the what happens at point A, regardles of distnce, effects what happens at point B.. Now, Jupiter is approximately 365 million miles from earth... However, the reverberations throughout the universe carries the "information" from the planet Jupiter into the atmosphere of the earth, which, in turn effects both the social and environmental happenings here on earth.

Copernicus, I am sure you have heard of the theorized impact sun spots have on the rise and fall of civilizations. This is a similar concept but a little more esoteric,I suppose.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Also you should know that there has been a cropcircle with a butterfly. Here it is: Butterfly effect crop circle from July 2007

Wow, that is awesome... I wasn't aware of that one...
It's kind of ironic that I'd be talking about the "butterfly effect," and wham!!!
Wow...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Okay, the "butterfly effect" basically states the what happens at point A, regardles of distnce, effects what happens at point B.. Now, Jupiter is approximately 365 million miles from earth... However, the reverberations throughout the universe carries the "information" from the planet Jupiter into the atmosphere of the earth, which, in turn effects both the social and environmental happenings here on earth.

Ok, so a comet hitting Jupiter would impact what happens here on Earth according to that theory?

Its all interesting, please continue.

Wow, that is awesome... I wasn't aware of that one...
It's kind of ironic that I'd be talking about the "butterfly effect," and wham!!!
Wow...

I know, I think you may be on to something here. I keep feeding you the most famous crop circles, you let me know what you think of them, and together we solve the riddle.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Ok, so a comet hitting Jupiter would impact what happens here on Earth according to that theory?

Its all interesting, please continue.

Correct. I mean, generally, the "butterfly effect" is applied to events that occur on Earth, but if true, there is no real reason to think that the same wouldn't happen throughout the universe. Now, some would ask, "Does that mean Jupiter's impact also effects what happens on other planets and in other regions of the universe?" Most definitely. While the impact would be varying degrees, it would still impact other planets and parts of the universe.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Correct. I mean, generally, the "butterfly effect" is applied to events that occur on Earth, but if true, there is no real reason to think that the same wouldn't happen throughout the universe. Now, some would ask, "Does that mean Jupiter's impact also effects what happens on other planets and in other regions of the universe?" Most definitely. While the impact would be varying degrees, it would still impact other planets and parts of the universe.

The other famous crop circle from summer 2007 is called Doors of Perception, which seems to indicate some kind of transition, wouldnt you agree?

It could also be a star gate or similar I guess. On the site, they have given a picture from Alice's adventures in wonderland and Da Vinci's Last Supper as possible motives too.

On the Alice theme, could it mean we are about to find out whats at the end of the rabbit hole?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Copernicus, I would think so. It may be a reference to the much maligned 2012 that so many seem to, to my dismay, live in fear about.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join