It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profiling is not always wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Here is a good reason why politcal correctness needs to stop.

www.foxnews.com...

An Arizona Spanish-language radio station is blasting a local police department for what it says is racial profiling: describing the suspect in a series of child rapes as "Hispanic."

Police are offering $25,000 for any information leading to an arrest in the case of the "Chandler Rapist," who began assaulting victims in Chandler, Ariz., in June 2006.

The suspect is described as Hispanic, 28 to 40 years old, short with a muscular build, dark hair and hazel or brown eyes.

People are up in arms that this person is being desribed as being Hispanic. If he is hispanic, thats information that I think the public needs to know. I don't care how offended someone might be by the description, if the shoes fits.....WEAR IT.

Also, if anyone can identify this person out there in Arizona, please call the authorities. I am taking my family to Scottsdale for the hollidays and don;t need to be worrying about cr*p like this.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

um... this isn't an example of profiling. if a person is described as hispanic in a police search, that's not profiling. now, if there was a rapist and nobody had gotten a good look at him and THEN they said he was hispanic, that would be profiling

not an example of political correctness here, just idiocy.

new topics

join