It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakthrough in Hydrogen Generation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
They have found a way to make microbial generators nearly 99% efficient. This technology can turn biomass garbage into clean burning hydrogen?

Anyone willing to bet that this will never see large scale commercialization?

Garbage into Hydrogen

The better the energy technology is, the less likely the oil dictators will let it pass.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Nice catch! This slipped passed my alternative energy radar

Personally I don't think hydrogen will be the next step. Don't get me wrong, it is one of the steps into the future, but I think we'll see a lot more of biodiesels first. It's the logical stepping-off point.

As for this technology, don't underestimate it. It may not see large scale commercialization now or five years down the road, but once oil hits $200 a barrel, I'll bet you other countries that are not tied down by the NWO will take a look at it. After all, the cat's out of the bag.

Starred!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Biodiesels are f*** poluant.

Garbage hydrogene should ring the end of petro-states.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

It really depends on how and from what the biodiesels are produced from. If you haven't done so, you should read my thread about biodiesel production from algae. There's also information in there on how algae can produce hydrogen as well.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well apparently they can produce hydrogen from any biomass with this technology. We already have some hydrogen infrastructure in place. There are hydrogen burning internal combustion engines and of course fuel cells. The big issue has always been storage. Perhaps the biomass can be stored and one of these cells can be used to generate hydrogen on demand. That would be kind of interesting to be able to run your car on garbage or lawn cuttings.

top topics

join