It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia poll shows big drop in pro-Putin party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Russia poll shows big drop in pro-Putin party

www.reuters.com

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia's main pro-Kremlin party suffered a drop in support in an opinion poll issued on Wednesday, but still seemed set to dominate a December parliamentary election widely seen as a referendum on the rule of President Vladimir Putin.

United Russia has relied on the president's high personal standing for its campaign, whose motto is "Putin's Plan -- Victory for Russia".

Putin will head the list of candidates for United Russia and on Tuesday said he expected the election to give him a "moral right" to influence Russian politics after he steps down from his Kremlin post next year.

A VTsIOM poll shows United Russia support at 57 percent of those who intend to vote, down 9 percentage points on the last poll a week ago.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
IF I were a high level anything in Russia right now, I would watch my back. Seems everytime Putin has his authority questioned, a high level something or other winds up dead.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Moral right?

I dont know what it is with world leaders today... they seem to have so massive ego problems that Im surprised they can work with anyone at all.

new topics

join