It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bridge to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Bridge to Iran

www.berkshireeagle.com

BOSTON — Kathy Cody was walking through Boston Common on her way to the subway yesterday when she was taken aback by a sight outside the station: there on a white pedestal, stood a red phone, with a sign inviting passers-by to speak directly to someone in Iran.

It was common folk communicating with common folk, despite a distance of 6,000 miles and the difference of 10 hours on the clock.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.enoughfear.org

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think this is a wonderful idea!

If we can get enough of the "common" people talking together, perhaps we can talk some sense to the "deciders."

Because us little guys, on both sides of the fence, don't want war, do we?

We just want, like people all over the world, to live our lives in peace.

www.berkshireeagle.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yes this is a good idea. But we have been able to do this with web for a long time. I really would like to see people from Iran talking around hear. I really like to hear peoples ideas from Russia, all the European countries. There have been people talking here from China also.
So does any one know if the people in Iran have unrestricted access to the web?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Hi RedGolem!

Thanks for your post, I agree, we do have this ability using the internet.

But this medium is watched very closely by the 3-letter crews, if you know what I mean.

From both sides, I'm sure.

Even the most innocent exchanges to a country in the "axis" can put you on a "list."

Sad, but true.

And, in a way, it's not as personal as speaking to a real living breathing human being, you know.

To hear them and be aware of their humanity, and for them to hear yours and to be mutually aware that "we" are NOT our "leaders."

I just think it's a very positive thing, in fact, I think I'm gonna get a current picture taken and send it in to enoughfear.org to show my support.

Thanks again,

goos

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Goosdawg,
the voice communication programs can do that also, and with a video link. Although it is not as good as a telephone. But the jift of what you are saying is right. The more understanding and tolerance we have the better. Although be it I am sure you will probably agree there will always be so with no tolerance for people who don't agree with themselves.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I just can't tolerate intolerance!

Seriously, I don't think these particular leaders really want the "common" people talking amongst themselves, their power to warp our realities would be threatened and diminished.

And these two groups really dig their power over their "subjects."

In the pursuit of peace and understanding between these two different cultures, I think it's very important to first discover how we're alike.

With that foundation in place, we can and should, strive to "build a bridge" to span the gaps where we differ.

These two leaders, and their administrations, are instead focusing on the gaps, and digging in their heals to grow them larger.

And I'm deathly afraid they're going to pull us all in behind them, into their self serving, cynical abyss.

top topics

join