It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get America out of Europe and the ME

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I like many Europeans want to see the US out of Europe and the ME, far from being a stablising factor there activities are actually casuing more problems. Europe is more than well equiped to look after itself and the ME can well do without them as well.

Its obvious that America's plans are purely of self interest and the Goverment and its propaganda machine will just about do anything to bring this about, from murdering its own people to murdering innocents abroad its self serving interests are all that count, well we dont need them so lets send them packing.

One does not need the help of a bancrupt and corrupt nation and I am sure that there are many Americans that share my views. That they would rather see their tax dollars spent on education, health, housing and the infastructure rather than billions spent on waging war, its a double edged sword, destroying social structure at home and abroad.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I thought I would revive this thread in light of the current actions by the US in Poland and Georgia, any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The EU is a pile of bollocks at militarily sorting itself out because every country has a veto on everything, so come an attack the European Army will be unblooded from foreign intervention. US troops have held the balance against Russian whims for the last 60 years. In Europe, the US are appreciated.

That is not the case with the middle east, the US are on the high ground in Afghanistan, but Iraq bleeds credibility and moral authority. US troops were initially based in Saudi Arabia to help protect from Saddam, but that threat is gone and now the US is seen as propping up a corrupt regime. I hope that the US get out, and a repeat of the Shah in 1979 is avoided, we do not need another radicalised Islamic state.

(IMHO)

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I would certainly agreed with the Middle East, but Europe is a different issue as the protection of any member of NATO is a legal requirement under the treaty, but I suspect the US could reduce further its military presence in Europe but as the member of NATO with the largest military and seen as the leader of NATO, there is an expection that the US will remain in Europe.

I do not see the option for the US to get out of Europe.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
America is forever, "friend." You're anti-American tripe is barfible.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Everyday, this guy or woman has some diatribe on here about how America should be attacked or destroyed. Well, as far as I am concerned, he/she, whatever the case may be can kiss my American ass. I am about ready to complain to the moderators about "magicmushroom."
I'm sick of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Red, The EU is becoming stronger all the time and it will only be a matter of time when all ex Soviet satelite states are part of the EU, Russia itself is seen as part of Europe and trade ties are becoming much stronger with the EU and vice versa with the overall aim being to have a United States of Europe. In this scenario there would be no roll for America or its part in NATO. In fact NATO itself will probally not last much longer.

I am certain that those who control the US can see this happening and are now trying to take steps to prevent this from happening. Why would Poland want US misslies on its land when it has become part of the EU and Russia poses no threat to it. A United Europe including Russia puts the US at a disadvantage as we readily and easily intermix with our EU counterparts. Such a union has benefits to all concerned but not to America that see's itself losing its global crown.

Freedom, As above once all the Euro States are part of the EU and almost certainly Russia will be as well there will be no need for NATO and therefore no need for US troops or bases. Again this is the last thing that those who control America want as it puts them at a big disadvantage and would mean that the US could no longer afford to maintain its massive military and therefore would eventually loose its global crown.

Starting a new cold war is what the US wants but its not what Europe wants and in the end the EU will keep on expanding till every country from the Atlantic to Asia Minor will be part of it. America cannot stop this, as I said above we have the advantage of mixing with each other as we are all close where as the US is a long long way away.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Speaker, I dont think there is any need for such insults. The World map is changing as it always does, no one country ever holds power for evermore does it. And is it not better that the US can get out of Europe and instead of spending trillions on imaginary foes it an spend that money on its own people and its own country.

Is that not better than the current alternative, trillions more spent in another cold war just as before. The EU has been growing for a long time and continues to do so, Countries are linning up to become part of it as they see it as an advantage to become part of the whole. It is no different with the USA is it not. The US was not formed overnight was it, it took a period of time. That is what is happening with the EU, we do not see Russia as threat but as a trading partner and ally.

There will be a United States of Europe if you like it or I like it or not.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Well you have to understand that the financial ties of the elite rules in our nation and the elite rulers in the EU are one and the same, it will be impossible to tear apart such happy family.

It doesn't matter what the people wants or will like things to be is beyond the people choice unless people raise against the power behind the financial ties.

So for now and forever until a revolution takes away the power is going to be an unified and happy US and EU family.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Speaker, and to add you may be sick of my attitude but there are millions of people who are sick of America and its corrupt regime destroying their lives and killing them by the millions. Perhaps you could spare some humanity and concern for the suffering of your fellow man instigated by your own Goverment.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There is a vast difference between government and population.

The population has very little say in what the government does - I see that in the UK as well as in the US, and in pretty much every other country in the world with a stake in the world stage.

I don't blame US citizens for what its government does - and if others do, remember we're here to deny ignorance, not encourage it.

America is NOT a bad country - it's leaders sometimes do things that others don't like.

There's a very big difference.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Budski, your right up to a point and all the threads I have ever started on the US is aimed at the Goverment and those who control it. But to say the Goverment and people are seperate entities is not correct. There are millions of people in the US and in other countries that do support their Goverments and their actions.

Even on these boards you have the outraged American Patriots that shout you down because you don't agree with them or their Goverment. And a recent poll of Americans show that although support for war in the ME is dropping 41% still support it so thats over 120 million adults in the US who do support their Goverment and their actions and thats alot of people.

So therefore I do blame some of its citizens for the actions of their Goverment. Just as I do with all the war mongers here in the UK.

Marg, yes I know who's behind it all, the ultimate aim is to have 3 spheres of economic influence, Pan America, the EU and a FE. These three will then be formed into one, in other words 1 Global State.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

I would also like America to get out of Europe.

Why does the American taxpayer have to spend money on bases in Europe anyways? This isn't 1950. The Europeans should fork it over and watch their own backsides.

Russia being a threat? Well they are more of a threat to Europe than the U.S. Let the people of Europe provide the military power and go into debt themselves to counter Russia. Why does a guy in the U.S., who is in no danger of being overrun by Russian tanks, protect a European that doesn't put the effort to protect himself?

And why is the U.S. in South Korea or Japan for that matter? South Korea and Japan have good enough economies to sustain a military that can counter China and North Korea, let them spend for it.

And why is the U.S. in the Middle East? It would cost less to extract the massive amounts of oil from the North American oil shale and sands than it would be to pacify and extract oil from a region that has had wars and instability for thousands of years and will probably have wars and instability for thousands more.

I am tired of my tax money protecting other people. Who is watching for the interest of the American? Why is the interest of some Arab, European, Israeli or whatever seemingly more important? They can take care of themselves.

This whole Russian problem can be partially attributed to other people in other countries expecting America to swoop in and help. Well the U.S. is 10 trillion in debt, I don't see anyone sacrificing anything for that fact except the U.S. taxpayer.

top topics

join