It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Russia plans missiles in Belarus'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

'Russia plans missiles in Belarus'

edition.cnn.com

MOSCOW, Russia (AP) -- A senior general warned Wednesday that Russia could deploy short-range missiles to Belarus as part of efforts to counter the planned deployment of U.S. missile defense sites in Europe, Russian news reports said.

Col. Gen. Vladimir Zaritsky, the chief of artillery and rocket forces for the Russian Ground Troops, said that "any action meets a counteraction, and this is the case with elements of the U.S. missile defense in Poland and the Czech Republic," the ITAR-Tass news
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Looks like Russia is on the move, setting up defenses and such in anticipation for something. It will be interesting to see how the US reacts to this.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Col. Gen. Vladimir Zaritsky (...) said that "any action meets a counteraction, and this is the case with elements of the U.S. missile defense in Poland and the Czech Republic"

Cold War II, anyone?

What is it with mankind anyway? Can we learn ANYTHING from history?

Peace

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

Indeed this will be interesting. . The tension is almost unbareable for me these days. Something has to break soon.
And I personally highly doubt these threats will go un noticed by the U.S. I would be willing to bet within 24-48 hours we will be hearing some sort of response from the administration.

new topics

top topics

join