It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Charged With Raping Daughters, Using Electric Dog Collars to Enforce Obedience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
you can take your war, your oil, your Iraq. this is happening all the time. it is happening to the people who want peace, who want a clean free world, as well as the opposite. it knows no bounds, no societal limits. it doesn't regulate by class or wealth.

this should be the real war on Terror.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Sorry, but I have to disagree. There are a lot of these horrors, an awful lot, and there always have been. There's a lot of sick people in the world. But victims can heal. Everyone has a past, and some folk have had more traumas than others but it can and does get better. Look at that supermodel who had her genitals shaved off in childhood, held down by a bunch of women, with no pain relief. She survived and became very successful, but she can't have sex or children, though she made the best of a bad thing by putting it on the back burner and getting on with other things. Don't think I have no sympathy, I just think that branding folk as victims, in their absence, through media headlines and "titillating" horror stories can't help with the healing process. It tends to bring out the closet perverts too, inluding the ones so horrified they'd like to get their hands on the "perv" and cut their bits off slowly, (which to me, sounds like they have perverted fantasies of their own).I'm looking at it from another angle. I had this friend, a male, who I knew from junior school through to adulthood. He was a cheery, happy guy who knew EVERYONE. About 8 years ago, when it became "fashionable" to talk about paedophilia, it was in the headlines and in every paper, he began to tell a story about himself at 13 and this old guy, a "pervert". He didn't go into detail but I surmised that there had been sexual goings on, and I don't think it was an unwilling "relationship" but it started to play on his mind, and with all the intense media sh*t and talk going on, he became suddenly quite withdrawn and ASHAMED. Then he killed himself.I really don't think he was depressed about anything that happened at age 13, that was just a childhood experience, but he began to feel really dirty, and I think that was when he branded himself "The Victim" in the "World's Worst Crime". We're all reading that this stuff is the WORST stuff in the world and I think my friend took this on board and became the victim years and years later, and he took his own life because he was ashamed and he didn't want to be a pathetic - "my god, how do you cope with those memories?" victim.It's quite common knowledge that victims of sexual abuse feel a certain amount of guilt that maybe they caused it, (like kids feeling guilty 'cos mum and dad are getting a divorce) so making this stuff headline news can't do much for their self esteem, no matter how much reassurance they get from elsewhere. The were invloved in that HORROR story.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
It's quite common knowledge that victims of sexual abuse feel a certain amount of guilt that maybe they caused it....

Where do you get this, from the person who was the abuser. The people I know who have suffered through this don't feel that way but they have suffered from other people trying to blame them.

Let's just sweep this stuff under the rug and may be it will just go away in the world.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I don't expect this stuff to be swept under the rug, but there's a difference between trying to fix a problem with society and advertising it in front page news with all the gory details.And it's true, folk who have suffered abuse can tend to think that they were to blame, in some small way. Probably because sometimes the abuser will tell them, "it's your own fault" and at times of trauma these thoughts can take deep root and are hard to get rid of. It can take years of therapy to make them think otherwise.It's not all black and white. It's like how your hear a rape victim say they were raped more than once. First time by the rapist, then by the police and their doctor, then in court. We should be careful not to sensationalize some stuff that folk are going through because it will take them longer to get over it, if they ever do.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

No one is advocating sweeping it away under the rug. Having it out where everyone can see it does no one, the victim in particular, any good what so ever. It also keeps the alleged, because at this time no one has been found guilty, or plead out; rapist from receiving a fair trial.

This sort of thing has been going on since humanity climbed down out of the trees...just in this day and age of instant information it's out where everyone can find it.

Now, if this guy is found guilty in a court of law, not in the public forum; he should be killed, swiftly and with a minimum of pain.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Now, if this guy is found guilty in a court of law, not in the public forum; he should be killed, swiftly and with a minimum of pain.

Why minimum pain? Did he inflict minimum pain?????

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst

Originally posted by seagull

Why minimum pain? Did he inflict minimum pain?????

He did indeed, no argument. However, does torture or pain remedy what happened to those children? Isn't it enough to know that he can not ever hurt another innocent? Decending to his level does nothing save turn us into the same sort of monster he is.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I've heard stories like these so much they hardly faze me anymore. What's wrong with you America!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawckman
I've heard stories like these so much they hardly faze me anymore. What's wrong with you America!

Why would a horrible incident like this not faze you? Surely you aren't that jaded?

America has nothing like a monopoly on this sort of thing. This sort of thing, unfortunately, occurs every where.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yeah your right it happens everywhere, but the bad stuff I see in the news usually happens in the US.

It doesn't faze me because I've heard of it so much.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The American consciousness has changed. What with all the tough talking, cowboy mentality; that I can do anything I want, anywhere in the world, with what I deem MINE and in my own best self interest. Arrogance run rampant even with our own children.
You can see it all around you if you just look. The media is a cesspool of violence. You think the alcohol and drug addled populace of this country is immune to the blatant conditioning to violence?

Even what passes for American humor is currently tinged with cruelty.

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house!!!

[edit on 15-11-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hearing of stories of this always sicken me. I wish there was more that could be done to stop this from going on. I don't know the numbers but I've heard that this goes on in much higher numbers than actually reported or discovered.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yeah, because the victims are too afraid to do anything, the victims are killed, the victims are kidnapped, or they don't think the cops could do anything to help.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join