It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.B.I. Says Guards (Blackwater) Killed 14 Iraqis Without Cause

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

F.B.I. Says Guards (Blackwater) Killed 14 Iraqis Without Cause

www.nytimes.com

Federal agents investigating the Sept. 16 episode in which Blackwater security personnel shot and killed 17 Iraqi civilians have found that at least 14 of the shootings were unjustified and violated deadly-force rules in effect for security contractors in Iraq, according to civilian and military officials briefed on the case.

The F.B.I. investigation into the shootings in Baghdad is still under way...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.upi.com
ap.google.com
www.npr.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Blackwater security firm banned from Iraq
Blackwater granted immunity!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
There are so many blackwater threads I hope the one's I linked below relate directly to this latest news of an incident involving this security firm.

There is a push for the justice department to prosecute some of the contractors in this massacre, in this case I agree that these people need to be held accountable for their actions.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Wow. Even if they have no regard for human life, you would think sheer greed would motivate them not to commit such acts.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Usually it has nothing to do with greed or a disregard for human life. More often than not what it comes down to is the mentality that "me and my buddies are coming home alive, so better them than us, getting shot." If one doesn't exercise good fire discipline, that can result in unwanted collateral damage. If you're in close proximity to civilians, and you start laying down a high volume of fire, the odds are much higher of collateral damage, if you don't take great precaution in target selection. Sometimes the survival instinct and adrenaline overrule the feelings of concern for innocent bystanders, if you don't have extremely well disciplined personnel.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Aren't the Blackwater personnel supposed to be ex-soldiers and the ilk? There supposed to be disciplined enough to be able to tell the difference between civilians and enemy combatants. Idiots.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

Not every Blackwater employee is ex Special Forces/SEAL/Ranger, etc... unlike say Triple Canopy. That doesn't excuse poor judgement, but gives some insight.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i wonder what's the deal here.

the FBI is a homeland/ domestic agency.
Just why is the FBI involved with events in Iraq,

when there is a branch of the military called the C.I.D.
(Criminal Investigation Division) who should be the
investigating agency involved, as they are 'on-the-scene'
meaning Iraq & Afghanistan..and eveywhere there are
American troops stationed...

i realize the 'private contractors' are not military,
but they, (the CID), are the 'cops' & 'investigators'
at the scene of the ( ? ) crime...
again, just why is the 'FBI' issuing statements,
when the tax-paid military personnel are fully capable
of assessing the evidence ?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I think that is one of the problems with this case, it is like the group and the gov't are trying to exploit a loophole in regards to Blackwater, some in congress are trying to prevent this from being swept under the rug.

I hope that their voice is loud enough to make those who are judged to be guilty, pay the price.

First they have to be indicted. I think there is enough awareness that some will face justice.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Perhaps these were shot for a reason; trespassing the blackwater property illegally.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Has Iraq become Blackwater property already? I was at least expecting a mass genocide atempt by Blackwater at least.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What's up with these blackwater guys? Think they're not going to get caught or what?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

when there is a branch of the military called the C.I.D.
(Criminal Investigation Division) who should be the
investigating agency involved, as they are 'on-the-scene'
meaning Iraq & Afghanistan..and eveywhere there are
American troops stationed...

the provost general is probably too busy arresting all the bankers and the bush administration to deal with this smaller breach of law.
probably.

top topics

join