It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran official charged with spying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Iran official charged with spying

news.bbc.co.uk

A former Iranian nuclear negotiator has been charged with giving classified information to the British embassy, the Iranian intelligence minister has said.

Hossein Mousavian was detained and bailed in May over the allegations.

Mr Mousavian is close to former President Hashemi Rafsanjani, a leading rival to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It seems more rivals to Ahmadinejad are being targetted.

Over the last few months, the opposition (mainly the liberals) are being targetted in Iran (especially those who feel Iran shouldn't go against the international community).

This is the interesting part of the article;

Correspondents say the president wants to remove opponents of his economic and foreign policies, which have come under increasing criticism within Iran in recent months.

Expect more to come.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yeah i've taken a look at this article as well you beat me to the thread.

They obviously have a specific agenda and want no part in anyone slowing its progress. Still trying to figure out if there is any possible link in events between this and the nuclear warhead blueprints.

Hard to determine if its possible as there isn't a whole lot of details on what type of info was supposedly given to the brits.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is the first thing that came to my mind. Gordon Brown won't rule out UK role in Iran

I wonder what the UK and US governments really know that they haven't made public. Add in the Israeli attack on Syria and possible black market nuclear trading by the North Koreans... there's some serious naughtiness going on right now.

new topics

top topics

join