It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Korean PMs begin historic talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This is a huge success in easing tentions between the two nations.

Prime ministers from North and South Korea have met for the first time in 15 years, in talks aimed at improving ties on the divided peninsula.

Things thought to be discussed is the establishment of a joint fishing area around the disputed western sea border - the scene of naval clashes in the past - and a new economic zone around the North Korean port of Haeju. Other matters include management of a joint industrial zone in the border city of Kaesong, and increasing the number of reunion meetings for families separated when the peninsula was split.

Hopefully peace will prevail.

Source

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I hope that Korea can go forward in peaceful ways as well, it has always bothered me that some of the Korean families have been separated due to political differences.

I believe it was the same in Berlin

That wall came down, I hope the same can happen for the citizens of North & South Korea.

While I have some doubts to the integrity and possible intentions of the leaders of NK, I would lean towards giving this process a full and unheeded path and see if this attempted reconciliation can lead to better days for the Korean people.

Thanks for the heads up

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I agree that there is probably some rome to speculate upon the intentions of the north. The biggest thing to watch out of these talks is if any action is followied.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Looked at a few more sources to probe for more info and every site is saying pretty much the same thing as far as the criteria to be discussed. The meeting was put into motion in response to the compliance of the shutting down of the nuclear plant.

If anyone can find more info please post it as i would like to see how this situation develops.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Korean PMs 'agree rail-link deal'

The South has pushed for reliable transport links to supply the factories its firms run in the North.

The South's Unification Ministry spokesman, Kim Nam-shik, said the two sides were now trying to set a specific date for starting the rail service.

Thats one topic of discussion down and a few more deals to go. Really glad to see progress being made and action taking place rather than the infamous stalemates.
Source

[edit on 11/15/2007 by Nathabeanz]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Another good thing is that they being left on their own to conduct these talks.

Both of this countries for the sake of their population should really work this out. It will also make some countries have the jitters if the talks are successfull even on minor agreements.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Here is some more info on the advancement of these talks.

Source

I agree bunch like what would the U.S. do with their troops and military bases there. Wouldn't be a need for them in the region any longer if peace and reunification was accomplished.

new topics

top topics

join