It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thunder Blitz?! - NOT a moth on the camera!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
Interesting footage, and a nice find.

I wonder if "thunder blitz" would be more suitably translated as "ball lightning"? It does seem a bit electrical in appearance, and "thunder blitz" may be the strict translation referring to the same phenomenon.

ball lightning it is...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Possible scenario, with ASCII graphics to explain:

C=Camera
L=IR Lights
G=Glass
.=Space in between
H=Camera housing

HHHHHHHHHHHLG
HHCCCCCCC.......G
HHHHHHHHHHHLG

The IR lights are lighting up a bug as it crawls on the glass plate that is covering the camera housing. I see it all the time on IR illuminated camera mounts.

Since the bug is so close to the camera and its a FIXED focus lens, anything that close will appear as a blob of light.

The best thing to do is go out and replicate this for all the public to see. Build an outdoor camera housing, point another camera at the glass plate, turn on the IR lights at night, and wait. Its VERY likely that you will get the same results.

Sorry no ghosts here. I've watched too many security cameras in my life, with and without IR lights to think this was a ghost.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
To me it looks like a hoax.

The light ball does not cast light on the objects in the scene properly. It only lights up the whole scene not the items place around it. The intensity should cause surrounding object to cast shadows.

When the object vanishes it does so directly into the floor. This represents dropping a CGI light source through a projection mapped plane that the video is being played back on

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Looks like ball lightning to me....seems as though it came through a window...which is entirely possible for plasma. I once witnessed this phenomena when i was about 9 years of age...friend and i were playing outside running around like maniacs in a field in massachusetts, pretty clear day with the promise of rain in the near distance...anyway as we are heading back to our houses we hear a fairly loud crack above and behind us, similiar to a small thunderclap/gunshot, well it scared us, we spun around low to the ground and saw a glowing orb no more than, oh 11 inches in diameter, glowing brightly (pulsing) about 3 inches from the ground. Was a color not unlike the flame from an oxygen/acetylene cutting torch with oxygen cranked up, bright blue/white.

The scary part is how these things behave: We approached the ball to a distance of no more than 10 feet id say, staring at it, not knowing what the hell it was..when suddenly the damn thing began to 'roll' toward us....we ran like hell.....the weird thing is the way it chased my friend, screaming for his mom the whole way, right up to his front door step, bounced off the stone step and flew through a closed window....exploding inside the kitchen area....freaked us out, his dad was a science teacher and witnessed the event and told us how lucky we were to see such a thing......so id say its the same thing, ball lightning.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The other link on page 1 led me to this video which it seems someone translated in the comments section. Or I hope they translated.. here's the text.. verification of this would be nice

"a light ball with a diameter of 1m first landed on the ground from the sky and was shaking for 45 minutes long,then shaking rapidly, changing shape and moving around for another 20 minutes, and shrunk to a size of pingpong ball, several people saw it with their own eyes and said the sky had turned red. at the end of the news, it said that some seniors saw it a few times around that company."

b

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

Open the window and let in some UV.

Looks like it was only caught on camera.

Its just air/aether excitement.

Take a trip down Tesla lane and learn about your environment.

[edit on 11/14/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The video is interesting indeed.

A. Bizzare supernatural phenomenon
B. Deliberate hoax using technological gear
C. Something mundane that looked strange when caught on camera and then used as a hoax.

If it is a bug or similiar explainable object then we must conclude that the witnesses were lieing intentionally. I don't necessarily belive that is the case.

The poor quality of original video posted led me to believe that it was a technological hoax. The clearer video posted later in the thread is more interesting, but still clipped and incomplete. The effect of NightVision is apparrent, exaggerated in the light. I think I will contemplate for a bit.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
interesting find,,flagged !
More important than teh ball intself is the srouce on the topleft of the screnn from which it detaches and fels dfown on the ground,,,,and teh way it fels gives you the feeling that it has somehow weight !!! so can't be only a lightball !

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Cybernative]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheExaminer

Spot on. The video is exactly what you would expect to see when a spider, very close to the lense, drops down on it's thread, pauses, sways a little then drops on down.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
i think its just a negative view of the area and someone stuffing an animal in a bag and its fighting to get out. This is a hoax you can tell by the color of the surroundings its a lightly negative view from a camera. I can do this with my camera phone. lol

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What are we even looking at? Why is the video strange looking? I can't tell what is being videotaped or why it is being videotaped.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by inthemistandfog
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a topic for the same incident. There's a slightly better quality version of the same video ( jp.youtube.com... ) , which reveals something fishy according to ATS user PureET.

Ah, MUCH better video! Thanks.

First, notice that in the report they are shooting the mystery video off of a CRT monitor. PureET is seeing the reflection of the news camera off of the monitor screen, not something in the video itself. So, nothing fishy there.

Second, people are right when they say that this "thing" isn't creating any shadows as it should. That means whatever it is, it's not in the distance as it seems at first glance. It's not really on the ground.

My first thought was that maybe someone tossed one of those spinning "ground flower" fireworks over the wall but the "no shadows" problem busted that theory.

Someone mentioned it could be a spider. I think it is a spider as well. Especially if it's an IR camera.

I think we're seeing a spider drop out of the glare of a floodlight, wrapping-up a victim in silk, and then continuing down. Simple.

Lastly, the gal interviewed is really cute.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
With todays technology, surely they can record things in better focus. All these "mysterious" events are either fuzzy, out of focus and various other forms of crappy filming excuses. Perhaps if it were in focus we might actually see an Asian child being lowered by an invisible wire while holding sparklers in each hand.

I much prefer the photo-shopped cow being levitated into an invisible craft- at least this one is in focus and is fun to watch:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I wonder why they're calling it Thunder Blitz?

Maybe because its a ball of Plasma 'lightning' created in the lab? You can make one in your microwave using a grape...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dk3000
With todays technology, surely they can record things in better focus.

Its a video of a video not the original live tape

If you know anything about videos that will cause the blurring

As to making plasma balls at home...

Nuke A Grape!
barnesos.net...

Don't Try This One

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It looks like the temporal displacement energy ball thing that AHnald dropped out of in the "Terminator" flicks.

But seriously, I like IAttackPeople's theory best.

(btw, IAP, where's your wicked "Larry as the Nazi dentist from Marathon Man" avatar? I always look forward to your sensible analysis of a situation.)

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I was hoping you'd post that one again, overlooked it in the other thread.

I was scratching head my trying to remember where you posted this before.

Cool!

Edit to add the word head, ooops!

[edit on 14-11-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
My guess... it's someone standing behind the camera (or at least out of view) with a fairly strong flashlight. The orb is the beam of light from this and coupled with the really poor security camera quality, looks way more otherworldly.

That's my guess.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I've seen too many fake Japanese videos to believe any of this. There's the ghost watching a couple making love, a little girl's spirit staring at herself in a mirror when she turns her head, and a whole lot more. Seems like they're always competing who can create the best fakes.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
When I first watched it my first thought was flash paper in windy conditions. It would be great if the lighting were better, but I believe that the lighting is key to it's mysteriousness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join