It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thunder Blitz?! - NOT a moth on the camera!

page: 1Someone
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I can't for the life of me even conjecture on what this may be with any confidence.

For some reason no matter how I paste the video ID number into the "you tube" link function, it doesn't preview.. so if it doesn't work, here's the link
THUNDER BLITZ

Explanations welcome because I'm all ears for the mundane being exposed..
Anyone here able to translate the newscast?

b

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Fascinating piece of footage. Looks like something struggling to take shape. I wish they'd show the complete film so we can have a proper look. At some bits you can believe this is a reflection on the camera but that wobbly bit appears very strange. I wonder why they're calling it Thunder Blitz?

[edit on 14-11-2007 by wigit]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I've watched this over and over but still can't come up with an explanation. This is better than the blue orb caught on camera. I've flagged this thread. Can't wait for a translation, or a link to the complete footage.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
wow , amazing video . I watched it a few times but still have no idea what to make of it
Its not a bug on the lens for sure and dont think this is swamp gas also
.. Now anybody an expert on thunder bolts that might answer if there is a way this could be a lightning ball ?

On the other hand this looks more like a paranormal event then a ufo/et but thats just my 2c.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
pretty amazing. It does kind of look like something is trying to make a shape out of itself. Very fascinating. Flagged.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Kinda looks like the ghost of an old break dancer... But definatly wierd, wonder how there gonna explain this one.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Interesting footage, and a nice find.

I wonder if "thunder blitz" would be more suitably translated as "ball lightning"? It does seem a bit electrical in appearance, and "thunder blitz" may be the strict translation referring to the same phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It could be ball lighting although I'd want to see more detailed footage, the context under which it was taken and ideally examine the location before making and identification.

One of the problems with ball lightning (and related phenomena like earthquake lights) is that we know so little about it. Which to be honest makes it easy to attribute any inexplicable light phenomena to ball lightning ....

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I wonder why they're calling it Thunder Blitz?

Well Blitz in German means lightning, Blitzkrieg literally translated was lightning war. Don't ask me why the Japanese are using it tho.

Interesting vid - wish they hadn't screwed with the original footage so much - is all Jap TV like that?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Looks fake the light didn't change any of the shadows and thats something light is known for.

mikell

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
That's a very odd piece of footage. The object's movements do seem, without trying to sound sensationalistic, vigourously otherwordly. If the vid is being shown in real time, our little glowing friend is really shaking its thing! It seems to be spinning or convulsing at rate way and beyond the normal bounds, almost as if it's trying to achieve something, which would indicate intelligence. V Weird.
A couple of things do stand out, however...

The object, which I'm assuming has some form of substance, appears to be emitting, or reflecting, light, and even though it lands in the glare of a floodlight, its own luminecence doesn't seem to affect its surroundings. As it "spins", surely the shadows around it would be affected? Also, as it apparently moves off camera, it moves into shadow, yet the ground it's traversing isn't lit up. Is that kind of odd? This may be indicative of an insect on the lens, but somehow it just doesn't feel like that's the answer.

I simply have no idea what it is. Assuming that we are allowing ourselves to consider this to be a video of some kind of paranormal/extraterrestial/unknown life-form and not some cheeky fame hungry camera-whore bug, the fact that it doesn't affect its surroundings could be explained, as who are we to understand how this critter intereacts with our world? Maybe our reality is so different to its, that when it visits here normal physics don't apply? Suppostion I know, but just my 2cent.
If it's ball lightning, or earth lights, then we are witnessing a very real phenomena, and one which we have little knowledge of. And if it can be categorized as such, then perhaps reports of ball lightning reacting to humans as if it were aware they were watching isn't so far fetched after all.

Ok, now you can bring in the X Files theme...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
yeah...but for what i saw, the lil guy dancing (the ball of 'light') fell from the top of the screen..that other body of light threw it out, and then it started dancing.. where was this even shot at? dont say japan or anything obvious...but i mean, it kind of looks like inside a steel plant or something..i dont know. none the less, what you see dancing was ejected from the top of the screen from a bigger ball of light...so what is it

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This film is seriously baffling me. The only thing I can compare it with is one of those black "blob" type ufos. Saw one myself once. At first I thought it was a black bin bag blowing in the wind but on second glance it appeared to be a pulsating black blob. Kind of like a lump of melted wax in a lava lamp. The thing in this video is the same, only faster, like something really angry trying to escape. I want to see the whole footage, someone please find it, and translate the news item too.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
For what I assume is supposed to be a luminous object, it doesn't cast much--if any--shadow.

Hmmm...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
we need somebody that could transalte what the people are saying , beacuse to me ot looks like there are witnesses to the whole thing and if that would be the case well then the "bug on lense" theory is debunked as well how can a person not beeing the one that was filming it see a bug in the lense and be so excited about it
?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
First off, it's not Japanese...it's Chinese, so surely we've got somebody on here that speaks Mandarin or Cantonese, right?

Secondly, wtf's up w/ the color? Is it just my screen, something to do w/ the video transfer or did somebody make it look that crappy on purpose?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a topic for the same incident. There's a slightly better quality version of the same video ( jp.youtube.com... ) , which reveals something fishy according to ATS user PureET.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
OK Just asked my gf (speakse mandarin and cantonese) to watch it and tell me what they are talking about.

"the shining ball fell down
in a factory or somewhere ,which has camera on for 24 hours
after it fell down,it kept rolling ,then changed
became smaller ,like a pingpang ball. It was so bright it made the sky red."

Pretty much that's all they said.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Interesting. Bright enough to alter the appearance of the sky, but not enough to alter local object shadowcast.

Does this make little-to-no-sense to anyone else but me? Cool surveillance shot, tho, and as previously posted, has a very other-worldly vibe. . bugs don't get down like that, I'm told.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
more interesting video... loving it.

This one reminds me of ball lightning at first but then it gets strange.. the whole dancing bit..very cool.

I'm reminded of the "old higue" which is a witch that sheds her skins and takes the shape of a fireball at night. Not saying it's that, just that it reminded me of that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join