It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The internet...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
There is alot of talk about Terrorists using the internet, and it being brought up in the news, could mean that in the future they will start cracking down on the internet? Obviously people are talking here, about things that that government doesn't want all of it's sheep knowing, and most people never even seek it out, because they are so blinded by the television they don't even conceive these things as possibilities.

Is the government going to create more fear, and blame it on the terrorists again, simply to distract us from the fact that they're robbing us of the Internet, or would we fight back? If they did take the internet from us successfully, wouldn't that just doom us all as far as getting what is really going on into the public eye?

[edit on 14-11-2007 by ieatfungus5]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
people in a cave with internet, thats kool.

u know what do a experiment.

call ur internet provider and tell him you have a problem with ur connection.he will hack ur computer and controlled from his computer miles away to fix the problem.
it happens to me once

now imagine, if they have the right to enter ur computer and do whatever they want with it.
then the goverment has a person for each computer to control them.

also check wikiscan.com, u will see how many stuff the goverment edited.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava
.he will hack ur computer and controlled from his computer miles away to fix the problem.
it happens to me once

can you tell me what happened here?

you can do that with windows xp. just have to enable it....

is that what hapened?

remote desktop recovery

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ieatfungus5

Of course they want to attack the internet. Pretty soon I expect a full scale war against it. Do you think the powers that be want a free flow of information? Look at the power sites like Alex Jone's website, and rense.com have? I'm not sure what guise they will attack the internet under, but yes they might try to start limiting applications by arguing the terrorists are using the WWW for all sorts of things or some such.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava
call ur internet provider and tell him you have a problem with ur connection.he will hack ur computer and controlled from his computer miles away to fix the problem.
it happens to me once

Thats odd, whenever i call my ISP and tell them I have a problem with my connection, its usually because I have no connection. No connection = no ability to hack my PC. Also, why would he hack your computer to get your connection working? Wouldnt it stand to reason the problem is the actual connection and not your PC? Can you clarify?

As boondock mentioned, its more likely the person had you enable "Remote Assisstant" and just used that.

now imagine, if they have the right to enter ur computer and do whatever they want with it.
then the goverment has a person for each computer to control them.

They dont have that right, neither does the government.

The estimate is that there are millions apon millions of computers connected to the internet at any given time, are you suggesting that the government (im assuming you mean the US government) has enough agents to assign one agent per computer/IP?

On topic: I believe the internet will be changed depending on what state the world is in. If dissemination of information remains largely free then i think the net is safe, if there is a move towards fascism, then i have a feeling we will loose this precious resource.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

Well I am sure if "they" wanted they could overide anything to get acess to your pc and get any files they wanted or do whatever. They wouldnt need an agent to monitor each person but instead they use programs that monitor and look for words or phrases that then would lead to a real investigator.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity
Well I am sure if "they" wanted they could overide anything to get acess to your pc and get any files they wanted or do whatever. They wouldnt need an agent to monitor each person but instead they use programs that monitor and look for words or phrases that then would lead to a real investigator.

Oh i totally agree with that, Im just saying I doubt this technician in the story "hacked" into his PC and fixed his connection. As Boondock and I said, the tech most likely used Remote Admin access, a function built into windows xp.

Also, the claim of one agent per PC is extreme. As you said, they use a program. I believe CARNIVORE was one of the first generations, outside of Echelon.

top topics

join