It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Entertained Angels Aware or Unaware?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
IF YOU ARE A READER OF THE BIBLE, YOU WILL SEE THAT THERE ARE MANY CLASSIFICATIONS OF ANGELS. THERE ARE MINISTERING ANGELS, WARRING ANGELS, GUARDIAN ANGELS, ARCHANGELS, ETC. I SEE THAT EACH ONE HAS A DIFFERENT FIELD OF WORK IN THE HEAVENLY KINGDOM.
AS FAR AS I CAN TELL, THE ANGELS ARE NOT WINGED CREATURES. THE CHERUBS SEEM TO BE DESCRIBED AS HAVING WINGS. I READ IN THE BOOK OF HEBREWS THAT WE ARE TO BE CAREFUL HOW WE TREAT STRANGERS, LEST WE ENTERTAIN ANGELS UNAWARES. SO, I AM GUESSING THAT THEY LOOK VERY MUCH LIKE MAN, OR CAN TAKE ON HIS IMAGE. SOME HAVE THOUGHT FOR YEARS THAT THEY MUST HAVE HAD WINGS TO FLY BACK AND FORTH FROM HEAVEN. SOME SPECULATE FROM THE STORY OF THE CHARIOT OF FIRE THAT CAME FOR ELIJAH, THAT MAYBE THEY USE SPACECRAFT (UFO'S).
PLEASE SHARE YOUR COMMENTS AND VIEWS . SOME HAVE ENTERTAINED ANGELS. EVEN TODAY.
Sorry about the caps. Just realized that they were on. I will do better.
This is my first post and first thread. I didn't see anything related to this, so I wanted to launch a discussion on it. I would really like to hear some angel storys. I know that there are other spiritual entities but Angels are my favorite. Have you or someone you know, ever seen an angel, or thought it might be one?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I have a couple of real-angel stories. One has to do with my Mom. It is a story that she told me a few years ago. She said that she actually met her guardian angel, or she presumed it to be.
She related that she was an active child and enjoyed playing in the wooded areas of Ga. She told of one episode where she was running and playing when a being stood before her. The being told her to stop and go no further!
If she had, she would have stepped off into a ravine. Had she not been running, she would have seen it. Mom says she knew even as a child, that a fall like that would likely be fatal.

Another story involved Mom, my sister and her two children, and myself.
Mom and sis had come to visit me in Austin, Tx.
My sister worked for Delta, so she was able to fly her, the kids and Mom out for a visit. Mom had always wanted to visit the Alamo in San Antonio and Sis wanted to see the Riverwalk.
Mom had bought new shoes for the occassion and that was the beginning of her woes!
Sis's two children added to Mom's stress. She suffered high blood pressure and other health problems, but she wanted to make this trip.

We had taken a bus from Austin to S.A. because my sister's rental car did not afford sufficient seating capacity. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but we hadn't thought far enough in advance, that we would be on foot after we got there. Sis was on a health kick and feeling great, so she didn't mind the walk.
But Mom began to suffer badly. The new shoes were killing her, it was 101 degrees, she was terribly overweight and miserable. I became alarmed for her condition and found a bench for her to sit. I went into a nearby store and got her some better footwear, then I bought her a cold drink.
Then Sis noticed that we were no longer following her, so she returned to wait with us. She also noticed how red Mom's face was. So we decided to get back to the busstop as soon as Mom felt like walking again.

When we arrived at the bus station, Sis's boys were still full of themselves. Even though Mom understood their behavior (being a mother of ten), their activity was hard on her. She continued getting redder in the face until she was nearly purple. I was really scared by this time.
Just when things were at their worst, we noticed a man standing there.
Right away he had a calming influence on the kids and Mom.
For the first time during the trip, the boys sat down and got quiet.
Then the man began reciting poetry to her. Mom loved poetry and was a writer of poetry.
I could see that Mom's color was getting back to normal. Then just as suddenly that the man appeared, he was gone! All of us looked at each other and asked at the same time, "Was that an angel!?"

This event happened in 1981 or 82. My mom lived on to the ripe old age of 84. She passed away in June 2006. I thank God that He spared her that day. Can we prove it was an angel? No, but in my heart and my family's as well; He always will be.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by transpired]

[edit on 14-11-2007 by transpired]

new topics

join