It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Sam...I am new.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gnisirtraehkrad

It is not up to me whether you are here or not....
But Banned means Banned, no matter what name you use.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

yeah well they bann the best of us..live hard or die trying baby!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gnisirtraehkrad

Well, as Shakespeare once said, “A coward dies a thousand deaths, a hero only one.”

Maybe you should use that "142 IQ" to learn how to interact in a civil manner; one which doesn't get you consistently banned.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Maybe you haven't been here long enough to know that sometimes Mods wake up on the wrong side of the universe and no matter what you do or say they are always right. I learned that the hard way. and i know i am not alone...

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The drama is killing me.

Thread closed

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Thread re-opened.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
huh ? closed / reopened ...twilight zone ?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
How very interesting. 14 pages, on an Intro no less. Half of which the introduced hasn't even spoken... I think half of ATS knows Sam I am by now!
What an odd phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

In light of new info or what?
Ah I see..a ban in effect..many thanks.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I am in Deutschland. Do you like my blue light. It is my favorite of the colors.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Seriously..these games are getting old.Give it up.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Wow Sam done well! He's made one of the longest welcome threads I've seen and got banned!
2 birds with 1 stone!

[edit on 15/11/2007 by WitchChild]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think this is kinda interesting, just by reading the first post I got a weird feeling, and then by reading the next few I felt like this is a member that had been here before; a member that would only make trouble. Everyone was so positive, but I wanted to write something negative to this member (I felt a serious anger inside). People that play around with words like that (sounding like a chatterbot indeed) usually just want some attention; and I'll be quick to dislike them.

And then because I was feeling that something was wrong I continued scanning through these pages just to discover that my gut feeling was correct, and that is what I think was interesting.

[edit on 2007/11/15 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WitchChild

Yes and began a new account again...
"Iam blue"
Good grief.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Green Eggs And Ban

I do not like them in a thread.
I do not like them painted red.
I do not like them served with toast.
I do not like them in a post.
I do not like them served with jam.
I do not like them served as spam.
I do not like green eggs and ban.
I do not like them, I am Sam.

Well, it's been interesting, but alas, breakfast is served.

As many members have already astutely deduced, I am Sam and various related incarnations are the work of a returning, formerly banned member. I don't think anyone expected this thread to go on so long or become so popular, but well, sometimes they do.

For anyone who might be wondering why we didn't shut this down sooner, I think various reasons sort of came together at once.

In all cases where we suspect a returning banned member, we want to be absolutely sure before swinging the ban hammer, lest some innocent new member be caught in the crossfire of old drama. Usually it's quite easy to tell, but nonetheless we tend to be cautious.

Sometimes we simply want to see what the "new member" intends to do.

Getting The Banned Back Together

As SkepticOverlord has mentioned many times, it's not unheard of for a previously banned member to quietly register a new account and participate in the forums without stirring up drama, being rude to other members or otherwise violating the [AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

While we do not encourage that, as it amounts to circumventing staff action, we're really not ones to hold a grudge either, and the goal of all moderator action is simply to enforce the T&C.

Any member who honors the rules is a member in good standing.

Unfortunately, there are some folks for whom that's apparently asking too much. It really doesn't matter what we do, they're only interested in stirring up trouble and causing grief. They get banned and keep coming back to get banned again.

Usually they don't get as far as I am Sam has, and their new accounts are quickly banned/global ignored/posts deleted upon discovery -- often leading other members to suspect us of evil motives when they see us doing this, ironically enough.

That's the way we normally handle cases like these, and hopefully everyone who has been following the case of I am Sam can, with the benefit of this example, understand why.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Wow,

This is strange.

Just found out this was reopened when I tried to post a thread whining about this one being closed before I got a chance to gloat (see my posts on page 3 and 4).

Did I miss why this was reopened?

-----------------------------------

Oh, never mind.

Majic posted an explanation while I was typing.

Looking forward to Sam I Am's horrible Ill belly causing revelations.

P. S. my prediction still stands.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the link to my post that was closed because this one was reopened:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-11-2007 by hlesterjerome]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Yeah, I guess we'll see if blaues Licht is a one-post-and-gone, or if (s)he sticks around awhile. I suppose (s)he at least read the thread (which is, surprisingly, more than I can say for a few of the posters in the latter pages). (S)He knew/learned enough to lock the photobucket account (s)he used.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Oh this is BS ridiculous.Seriously.
No matter what username you use there..sister...I'm on to you.Period.
(Not you redmage)
JULIE!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Getting The Banned Back Together

Like the Beatles?

They get banned and keep coming back to get banned again.

Insanity doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

I can understand why a person would try to recover a membership on ATS, it is a cool place to hang out and find all sorts of useful information. It would really change my day to be banned and have to be on the outside looking in after participating for so long on the board.

That is why we have to follow the simple basic rules of the community to be here. It really isn't that hard to do.

Darkheartrising, icybreeze, iamsam..........................

You must really miss the site to keep coming here and playing around. If you really wanted to you could have blended right back in and probably gone unnoticed as a rerun of a banned member but your agenda was to bring lots of attention to yourself instead.

Oh well.

By the way how do you access someone's photobucket account?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Good-day MystikMushroom,

Would then an AI program make a grammatical mistake such as below or would it have programmed such mistakes to increase acceptance by it biological counterparts?

Originally posted by I am Sam
reply to post by chutso_ha

Welcome chutso. I do not consume eggs and hama dn have no need for silver and gold.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join