Man resurrected from Dead?

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This is a very strange story, but it has a lot of eyewitnesses who saw the event in question. At one point, there is video footage of the man inside the church. Basically a Man is brought back to LIFE inside a church in NIGERIA after being dead for 3 days. He is embalmed, and even has his nose sealed. His doctor appears, the mortuary man and some of his family and church members and others. Apparently security people saw this happen. What strikes me about the story is the people look to be genuinely sincere.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I saw this on Star Trek Voyager once. Neelix died for 18 hours and Seven of Nine used Borg nano probes to heal the Necrosis in his cells. I believe an electrical pulse through his brain is what reactivated his Neural functions. lol...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That is amazing, that is the strangest, most wonderfull thing i've ever heard

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yes! Praises to the one true God. Thank God this happened today where many peiople are able to hear of it. Awaiting debunking. I am still skeptical, but once I saw that they had their faith in Jesus, I knew this could be true. Praise God.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If he is "embalmed", as they say, wouldn't the process of bringing him back to life be, er, somewhat more impossible?

Embalming as practiced in the funeral homes of the Western World (notably North America) uses several steps. Modern embalming techniques are not the result of a single practitioner, but rather the accumulation of many decades, even centuries, of research, trial and error, and invention. A standardized version follows below, but variation on techniques is very common.

The first step in embalming is to check that the individual is in fact deceased, and then verify the identity of the body (normally via wrist or leg tags). At this point embalmers commonly perform basic tests for signs of death, noting things such as clouded-over corneas, lividity, and rigor mortis or by simply attempting to palpate a pulse in the carotid or radial artery. In modern times people awakening on the preparation table is largely the province of horror fiction and urban my

th. Any clothing on the corpse is removed and set aside and any personal effect such as jewelry is inventoried. A modesty cloth is sometimes placed over the genitalia. The corpse is washed in disinfectant and germicidal solutions. During this process the embalmer bends, flexes and massages the arms and legs to relieve rigor mortis. The eyes are posed using an eye cap that keeps them shut and in the proper expression. The mouth may be closed via suturing with a needle and ligature, using an adhesive, or by setting a wire into the maxilla and mandible with a needle injector, a specialized device most commonly utilized in North America and unique to mortuary practice. Care is taken to make the expression look as relaxed and natural as possible and ideally a recent photograph of the deceased while still living is used as a template. The process of closing the mouth, eyes, shaving, etc is collectively known as setting the features.

The actual embalming process usually involves four parts:

1. Arterial embalming, which involves the injection of embalming chemicals into the blood vessels, usually via the right common carotid artery. Blood is displaced from the right jugular vein. The embalming solution is injected through a mechanical pump and the embalmer massages the corpse to ensure a proper distribution of the embalming fluid. In case of poor circulation, other injection points are used.

2. Cavity embalming, the suction of the internal fluids of the corpse and the injection of embalming chemicals into body cavities, using an aspirator and trocar. The embalmer makes a small incision just above the navel and pushes the trocar in the chest and stomach cavities to puncture the hollow organs and aspirate their contents. He then fills the cavities with concentrated chemicals that contain formaldehyde. The incision is either sutured closed or a "trocar button" is screwed into place.

3. Hypodermic embalming, the injection of embalming chemicals under the skin as needed.

4. Surface embalming, which supplements the other methods,especially for visible, injured body parts.

A typical embalming takes one to two hours. An embalming case that requires more attention could take longer. The repair of an autopsy case or the restoration of a long bone donor are two such examples.

Source

Personally, I'm calling this one a hoax, or at the least, thoroughly misrepresented from the truth.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I doubt the same methods in actual medical facilities were used here.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
I doubt the same methods in actual medical facilities were used here.

Why? Nigeria is a Christian country, a former British colony and, at least in the cities, quite modern.

Embalming seems to quite universal in cultures in which it's accepted. In all cases of embalming, it involves practices which would completely rule out the body returning to life, such as removal of bodily fluids, insertion of preservatives and such like.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'm going to have to agree here. It just doesn't seem logical if he was indeed embalmed.

I might have believed it if they hadn't thrown that in there too. However,....

...who knows?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
"the man came back to life, but died shortly after for lack of bodily humours."

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
"the man came back to life, but died shortly after for lack of bodily humours."

Yeah, ok.... How exactly can a body be brought back to life completely lacking any fluids, filled with formaldehyde and having been dead for some days? The brain, the one organ you MUST resuscitate in order to preserve life, would have crapped out about 5 minutes after death, completely unable to be repaired.

I suppose your not aware that, in Africa especially, many hokey Preachers and what not claim to perform miracles in order to garner support and, ultimately, cash, which tun out to be hoaxes.

There's a bloke in Kenya, I believe, that claimed to be able to make women pregnant through prayer. turns out, they all were made pregnant the natural, sticky way. He is currently in prison on fraud charges I believe. Still, even after he was exposed as a fraud, people still believed him, because they wanted to.

EDIT: In parts 3 and 4, he is shown walking around back to his village. He is apparently even interviewed! How can he have died "shortly after"? unless I misunderstood what was going on....

The body that is shown being brought back to life takes a breath. This would be impossible if he had been embalmed. His lungs would be unable to draw breath, having been filled with viscous fluids for preservation and, the most troubling bit, the body being completely devoid of blood.

[edit on 14/11/07 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well it would be a miracle if he was brought back to life. I am sure 'debunkers' could find some holes, but I think everything will have those.

But here is the thing, I can't seem to think that they are all lying? Perhaps maybe just a few needed to be in on it, but really the way they are recalling events it seems to real.

Let me give you an example of something like a 'miracle'.

here on this youtube link we see a woman with very severe burns. She is prayed over and soon after you see the burns start to bleed. within a year her Leg is completely recovered.

These burns are very difficult for something like that to happen. Even with skin graphs. I still see some marks on her arm. On her leg I see nothing.

www.youtube.com...

Then look at this. Is this not a miracle?
news.bbc.co.uk...

A baby boy who was pronounced dead after a heart attack came back to life 30 minutes later as he lay in his grieving parents' arms.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Scroll down a little when going to the following link, until you get to a white rectangle with text and a title something like "The Terrible, Terrible, Lake of Fire". It's about a Cambodian / Burmese Buddhist who died for 3 days too. His body was decayed and stunk, but he came back a Christian. I'm suspicious of his story though, because he quotes some supposed Buddhist prophecy of the coming of Jesus that I have never heard anywhere else nor can confirm.

bibleprobe.com...

Down on that same page is a Pastor who died for 10 hours and came back. And if you checked out the Youtube videos that started this thread then maybe you ran across this Muslim woman who died for 12 hours and came back, now a Christian at this link:

www.youtube.com...

People die and come back often. There are an estimated 8 million and counting who have. But they are clinically dead only for a few minutes. Dying for many hours or days is a whole other thing.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I was thinking the same thing.

Its just not possible for someone to come back to life after the embalming process has been completed.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think of what you said about the man who died for three days ressurscted was very introsting and I wuold like to see a video or perhaps the story.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You know what they say about Nigerian scams.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
My ex husband overdosed in 1977 on liquid acid. He bought a vial full of it, it was a clear fluid and called 'windowpane acid'. The vial held 150 hit of acid. He tried a drop, then another, after about a half an hour the idiot said he was gonna drink it all, because he said it wasn't any good. He overdosed within an hour after that, and when the ambulance arrived, they declared him dead on arrival. He was taken to the hospital, examined, and his family was told he was gone. They all went in to say there goodbyes and veiw the body, and he was taken to the morgue. During the night, a worker in the morgue noticed he looked like he was breathing. He was. He had been pronouced clinically dead hours before. He didn't have any ' white light' visions or anything like that, he said he could hear everything going on around him the entire time though. He was held for 4 days after that to ensure his own safety, due to the fact he was still high for that long, hallucinating.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

top topics

join