It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

am i the only one who believes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
am i the only one who hopes that they never find such creatures as big foot or the lock ness monster and other creatures .
i just feel that if the scientists do theyll try to cut it up and try to breed it with a species that is the closest relative.
also i like the idea of the big 'if' and do they exist.
we havent got many mysteries left and it just seems a shame if cience discovers all our mysteries and catalogue them and then stuff them and stick them in a museam.

maybe i just have a low opinion of the scince world.

i do think they have done a lot to cure illness and all that but also they have made things that have no need other to kill and mame i must admit this.

i just hope they never find ny of these creatures thats all.

what are your opinions on this

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I think they shouldn't find them either for fear of dissection same with
aliens.
I have a feeling that if they were capable of catching ghosts/spirits they'd do the same with them as well.

Should start a Save Bigfoot foundation incase they do catch him/her them

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
i agree about starting a foundation

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I kinda agree too. If they catch bigfoot or nessie they will disect them and put their skeletons in museum!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It's kinda funny.

These two subjects were big when I was a teenager and I really wanted to believe, but I have to say that in the big scheme of things I just don't think they are around.

Maybe long ago in the past they were a species but as many expeditions that they have done and all I would have thought they would come up with something tangible rather than a plaster cast of a footprint.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Do you know how many new species are discovered every year? Many are primates.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I feel the same kerrichin. I'm from Scotland, a place where there are dozens of big black cat sightings every year. My neice saw a mother and cub last year, near where I live. I'd love to catch a picture, but if I did I'd never say where or when I took it.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Big foot, loch ness, the jersey devil, these are the myths and legends of today. I personally would love if they prove to be real. But on point they have taken place of myths such as the minotaur or dragon. They are part of human culture, and it's sad that skeptics try to kill of this part of our culture.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
actually, New York and Vermont have passed a law that already declares champ a protected species !

c'mon quebec, whats the deal ?

The creature has become so famous and so much a part of life in Vermont and New York, that both states passed laws to protect the supposed creature. The creature was put on the endangered species list only as a precaution. The law will protect the creature if anyone eventually does come upon a Champ. Quebec has not placed Champ on its list of endangered animals. [5]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i think its good t they have put the champ on the endangered list just incase.

i hope they never find them if they exist, leave something to the imagination i say

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I believe that here in Washington St. two counties near the mouth of the Columbia River have placed protections on Sasquatch along the lines of just in case...

Intrestedalways. It can seem surprising that no one has captured or shot a Sasquatch with all the hunters and backpackers out there in the wild. Until you realize just how incredibly huge amounts of virtually unexplored land remain in North America. Places that have never seen any man, much less Sasquatch hunters. I've had the experiance of being in some of these places. Some leave you speechless with an appreciation of the granduer that is God's work. Others, you hope that no one else finds it, because you get a real sense of not being welcome, really, really not welcome. I left rapidly...

I've thought that Sasquatch, calling him bigfoot seems somehow disrespectful, lol..., is not so much a missing link of the family of man, but a connection with something we're missing now. I don't know if that makes sense or not.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
It's kinda funny.

These two subjects were big when I was a teenager and I really wanted to believe, but I have to say that in the big scheme of things I just don't think they are around.

Yeah, I kind of fall along those lines as well. While I haven't entirely ruled out the possibility of them existing, I just don't see it. If they do, they must be muti-dimensional beings or something because there has not been any tangible proof anyweher of either bigfoot or Loch Ness.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
While we are at it, why dont' we put the chupacabras on that list...

I mean, we are talking mythical creatures

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

That would depend upon how you define "tangible"...

Have any of the critters in question been captured? No. At least not to my knowledge.

Is there evidence of something out there that's out of the ordinary? Yes, definitely. Missing link, living fossil, spiritual messenger, extradimensional creature...that's still to be decided. Of course, they might be figments of overactive imaginations, too.

There are many things in nature that remain unexplained, only our arrogance tells us otherwise. Part of me wants badly to know, the remainder hopes we never do...not sure what part rules the day, though.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by scriptz

Unlike chupacabra though, Sasquatch and Nessie stories have been around for centuries. Critters like Sasquatch have legends and stories told all over the world, in every civilization. Nessie has been part of Scottish lore for, well, forever nearly. Along with other not so well known lake monsters all over the world.

To the best of my knowledge, Chupacabra is a fairly recent phenomena, though I could be mistaken on that.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by scriptz

To the best of my knowledge, Chupacabra is a fairly recent phenomena, though I could be mistaken on that.

Yes it is, but I wouldnt want it to be discriminated against for being a minority!
so , let's add it to the list!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by scriptz

LOL...

Can't have that, now can we. OK, you convinced me. The Goatsucker is on the list...down towards the end though...

top topics

join