It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar Crisis: None Dare Call It Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hi all. I came across this article by Hal Lindsey. It puts America's debt problem into perspective in a very clever, yet highly improbable way.

Dollar Crisis: None dare call it 'conspiracy'

On Tuesday, the U.S. national debt topped $9 trillion for the first time in history, according to the U.S. Treasury Department's daily accounting of the national debt. Nine trillion dollars! The number is so staggeringly high that it exceeds our ability to comprehend it in monetary units.

Million, billion, trillion – in financial terms, for most of us, it means a lot of money, really a lot of money, but that is about as specific a picture as most ordinary people can grasp.

Let's put all these "illions" into perspective. A million seconds is roughly 12 days, whereas a billion seconds is approximately 32 years.

We understand dollars. And we understand time. So it would take 12 days to pay back a million dollars at a dollar a second. But if you started right now, you'd pay back a BILLION dollars, at a dollar a second, in the year 2039.

Now, I know that we don't pay our debt by the dollar, by the second. But it really gave a new perspective on the vastness of our "situation".

Hal Lindsey wrote the books "None Dare Call It Conspiracy" and "The Late Great Planet Earth"

I kinda like him. I owned "None Dare" and gave it away to illuminate a friend and I want to get a new copy. It's a good read.

Give 'er a read,
Cuhail

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ive always assumed that the monetary system would crash, and we would be forced to use credits and debits.

It is what is being planned and implemented at this moment.

First national id, then credit cards, then RFID in credit cards, then RFID implanted into humans or invisible bar code tattooed onto humans. All of this being linked to a national database. Database would contain banking information, most likely in the form of credits and debits.

Government could have complete control over any person. Dare to challenge the government, whoops there goes your identity and money. Then you are held in another country as a terrorist with no rights.

Forgive me for being a pessimist, but I don't have much faith in humankind or our leading parties.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I'm not a big HL fan, but that sure does put it into some perspective. Our grandkids would still be trying to pay this off even if our government stopped overspending right this moment.

A star and a flag, everyone ought to see this and think about it.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
NG,

...ng...ng...En...Gee...Benji! THATS a good nickname for ya! (Turnabout, blah, blah, blah)
So, Benji
To each his own where HL is concerned, I still like ya!
In fact, I haven't read "None Dare" in a good 4-5 years and I've never read "LGPE", I just remember seeing it on the bookshelf as a kid in the 70's. Mom had it.

It is a funky new look at the debt. I like his spin here.
Cuhail

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
What a wonderful way of orchestrating the introduction of the amero! I feel our own government has caused the decline of the dollar. How could the greatest nation on earth have its monetary system fall without some extra help?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NellahB

One of many methods they are using. Trade with China, NAU, NAFTA. HL is pretty much just taking observations we all can make and putting them into a perspective. Not neccissarily the correct perspective, but, one of many.

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Thanks for posting this artical Cuhail! A star and flag from me

What I find enteresting about this is..

We understand dollars. And we understand time. So it would take 12 days to pay back a million dollars at a dollar a second. But if you started right now, you'd pay back a BILLION dollars, at a dollar a second, in the year 2039.

Now this is on our grandkids.. At this point in my life I dont have any children, and personaly I dont have any big drive to bring others into this kind of world..

The U.S. debt stands at $9 trillion. If my calculator is working, then at a dollar a second, the U.S. could be debt- free in the year 290007.

But who knows? Maybe things will change, and we will break free of this slave system..
America has been suckered in 1 more time...
Lets hope this is the last time, we as a people get "suckered" in..
Ya know what I mean?

As my life goes on, Ive become a big fan of history.. And thats what ATS brings to the table for most of us. How many of you other history buffs realize we are being duped agin! By the same old tricks in the history books. And warfare and governmental systems.
Most of us are the Barbarians of the new age. The law of the Jungle has always been the final outcome of any groups agenda to control an area.
What better way to control the masses than by debt!
sigh.. Im sure many of you out there can explain this better than I can.
But as an amature history buff, I see it clear as day??
Why cant other people see what is going on here? Are there that many people out there, getting the better end of this deal?
Seems to me personaly, Im getting the fudge dragon side of the stick here, and have been my whole life

[edit on 21-11-2007 by zysin5]

new topics

top topics

join