It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO you ever just look around and see chaos?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Isn't so weird when you look at the world and everything is a mess.
Humans try to solve problems and can't solve them, everything is errored.
Laws that hurt people, taxes thats strain people... things that seem ncessary but have side effects just like the newest medicine out, which cures you liver disease, but gives you brain cancer. Lol, The world to me seems like a big joke. Am I the only one who feel slike an Alien sometimes, Like I was dropped on the earth, with amnesia, but something in me tells me that everything on this earth is full of #.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by quixotical]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You're not the only one. Sometimes I just wonder how everything keeps on working, given how complex everything is these days.
I just feel like our society is growing higher and higher, and all it needs is a slight shove to sent it toppling.

200 years ago nothing short of the plague or a comet strike could stop people, but nowadays if an electrical generator goes down or anything things grind to a halt.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well maybe chaos is just what we need in order to wake up from our deep slumber. We are so depended on oil, other people doing our jobs for us, politicians, money, and greed that we never stopped to think about the long run. Sure there is some good in some of these traits, like oil and outsourcing but there is also things in those traits that contribute a negative effect to our society.
If someone offered a person 10 million dollars for something that has a potential of hurting people, that same person would not think of the long run. Sure he gets money out of this deal and that is what most people care about. Money brings greed, after we get a little taste of what money can, offer most people do not think of or even care about the consequences.
I say bring the chaos on in hopes of a new world where we actually learn from our mistakes, and if we don't learn then the same chaos will come back to haunt us again.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I agree, but what hope is there that things will change. People who have money rule the world. And here we are "insignificant" peasants,lol. With no real voice. All the while we are being controlled, and are made to believe we live in a world in which for every problem there is a solution. People live as if history started in 1960. Sometimes I wonder what the world would be like if people weren't isolated in their own "countries" and bombarded with nationalism, if we took a more humanistic approach would that make any difference. or if technology and industrialsm didn't define the world, if we were more intune with nature would things be easier?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This chaos has been around us since "civilization" has existed.
Today it seems more pronounced because of immediate coverage and communications throughout the world.
Overall things are more quiet on the wholesale killing level.
Think of the deaths in WW1, WW2, our Civil War, etc. There is generally much less wholesale killing today. However exceptions do exist. Africa, etc. are experiencing wholesale death. Much of it is caused by famine and sickness mostly caused by a few despots that could be easily stopped if the world...ie UN...decided to stop it but they do not want to bloody their hands.

Chaos in the worlds cities...riots after sporting events, etc. is more of a concern to me as does the religious fighting in the MidEast. These are signs of a civilization with no purpose. Law enforcement agencies and the courts do little or nothing to stop this violence so it continues and grows.
Work and personal responsibility are the keys here but today there is not enough good paying work and personal responsibility is out the window.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
we have yet to see chaos yet

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Yes, and it's often very scary. I feel I can only do my best to help change some of these things. Other things can only be changed when society has a mass realization that there are problems. Modern society is a bit complex beyond what it can handle, compared to the past. This all makes me feel like an alien as well!

[edit on 15-11-2007 by dreamingawake]

new topics

top topics

join