It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the fact the US hasn't been attacked again proof of terror-sell job?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
1st, let me state my position on 9/11. i am pretty much on the fence, i dont believe in holograms or demolition of wtc 1 or 2, but wtc 7 is very curious. i believe it is very suspicious that 3 out of 4 marginal at best pilots hit their targets. i believe a commercial plane hit the pentagon, and i dont think we have enough info to know the true fate of united 93

however, i remember just after 9/11, we were warned by the govt that we would be hit again. that was 6 years ago.

initially, i thought the reason we weren't attacked was because the govt was doing their job. but the more i thought about it, the more it didn't make sense

allow yourself to think as a terrorist, and your job is to hit the US and disrupt the way of life. now we are told that there is an endless supply of jihadists willing to die for their cause. if this is true, then either the leaders of this jihad are totally clueless, or we have been told this to scare us.

give me 100 jihadists willing to die and i can cripple the US economy in a week. at this time, i dont want to elaborate how, but anyone with a brain(especially an evil one) can figure out how to hit the US where it hurts.

i will elaborate more, but want to see some replies before i go on

[edit on 11/13/2007 by zoso28]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I feel that our military presence in the middle east gives would be Al Queda fighters a simpler, more economical way to make their sacrifice.

Hey if they can simply ride on a truck for 8 hours or so and then detonate a bomb of some fashion, shoot off a RPG.. whatever. They still get their 40 virgins..without the background checks and exhuberent airfare.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Terrorists and their plots are foiled all the time. The vast majority go unnoticed to the general public and little to no info is given to the media for investigation purposes.

Hell, I live in a major city and I had no clue about a terrorist plot that busted by the FBI and ATF before it was executed. I didn't know anything about it until I researched one day terrorist targets and read the news about it.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well.......

I'd say that the only terrorist attack on America was perpetrated by our own government. They just haven't found the right time/place for another "terrorist attack". Give 'em time, they'll probably get it going again. Unleash more variations on the Patriot Act so they can make everyone a suspect. Big Brother needs to know everything about us at all times. Worked the first time, at least.

Gotta keep the masses huddled in fear, ya know.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Well I think we will be in for round three of the Bush dictatorship if they ever put Jeb in as president. Sometimes I cant understand why our constitution lets multiple directly related family members to be able to hold the position of president. Who knows with this Hilary Clinton for president thing we might just end up hearing a Laura Bush for president campaign in 2012.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Try reading new book just out "THE TERRORIST WATCH" by Ronald
Kessler - reports how after 9/11 FBI & CIA in concert with British
MI5 came down hard on terrorists and their supporters. Cells and
individuals planning attacks were broken up and suspects arrested.
Those who didn't have enough evidence were (if here on visa or
illegals ) arrested and deported. Live just outside Paterson NJ - city
with large Arab/Muslim pop, several of the hijackers stayed in city before
attacks. After 9/11 FBI/INS swept through my apartment complex and
deported several people thought suspect.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
More importantly EVERYONE should seriously consider this...

The attacks on 911 were spectacular to say the least and yet this type of attack has not been committed again. Im not just saying here in the states, but anywhere in the entire world. For jihadists to be able to get there hands onto a gigantic fuel bomb which can be directed like a rocket would seem like something that would be very appealing considering there abilities to get there hands on any kind of serious weapons.

Car bombings, suicide attacks by the thousands have been committed over and over again....yet not a single plane has been used as a weapon since 911. What are the chances of that?? Would Al Qiada abandon there most successful form of attack??

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I personally believe 9/11 was an inside job.I believe jets hit WTCs 1&2 but weren't flown by terrorists.I don't believe a commercial jet hit the Pentagon and I'm not sure about flight 93. WTC 7 was an obvious demo to me.

In answer to the question, I believe Americans have been sold a lie.The U.S. of A is one of the most "free" nations (not to be confused with democratic) so I think your government has started to reign in the masses under the guise of protection from outside foes.

The Patriot Act and the Military Commissions Act are two examples.Your government can declare anyone an unlawful enemy combatant under the MCA, therefore stripping you of any and all rights you thought you had as an American citizen.
The Real ID Act is another one."Papers please" doesn't sound very free to me and I refuse to travel to the USA.
If REAL terrorists wanted to put fear into the U.S. I doubt they'd pick hard to get items like commercial jets.
I'd like to give some examples of how "they" could attack America but I don't feel it would be the responsible thing to do.
G.W. Bush is a war criminal and so are his cohorts.Why they are allowed to remain in power is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
ok, i dont think you are getting my point. say i am a jihadist, a member of a cell of say 3 or 4 more. i am in chicago, and i probably have contact with other cells in new york, la, dallas, etc. all it would take is for us to detonate a simple bomb in shopping areas or sports venues in these cities simutaneously and the US economy takes a massive hit. now you have created real terror, making people scared to leave thier homes. and dont give me that searches are made at sports events, i personally was in a situation where a member of my party easily avoided search entering an nfl game.

think like a terrorist here, it would be so simple to carry out a terror attack. and coordination with others across the country seems simple.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

Zozo28,

So you don’t think our sophisticated airport screening procedures are responsible for the ‘lull’ in terror attacks?

Actually, 9-11 was the only Islamo-‘terror’ event on American soil ever — but let’s not get bogged down in minor details. Our highly trained, highly paid, super astute TSA agents form an impenetrable barrier. No shampoo or shaving cream will ever get past them. So we’re safe.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
didnt alot of airports recently fail by letting banned items through? but i think i'm picking up you scarcasm

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Miami: Collapse of Liberty City 7 case exposes fraud of “war on terror”

The arrest of the seven men in June 2006 was announced with much fanfare. US government officials declared that it was a major victory in the fight against “homegrown terrorism,” with media headlines declaring that the disrupted plot was “even bigger than September 11.” Then US Attorney General Alberto Gonzales warned that the men were prepared to “wage a full ground war against the United States,” while the government declared that the indictment was “yet another important victory in the war on terrorism.”

However, from the very beginning it was clear that the government charges were highly sensationalized for political purposes. The alleged plot was more the product of the imagination and prodding of two FBI informants, and there was never a threat of a terrorist attack. FBI Deputy Director John Pistole acknowledged at a press conference announcing the arrests that the alleged plot was “more aspirational than operational”—that is, there were never any real plans to do anything.

The manufactured character of the accusations has since come more fully to light. It soon became clear that the main source of all the plots and the principal source of resources for the group came in the form of an FBI informant posing as an “Al Qaeda representative.”

www.globalresearch.ca...

They find some poor people, fbi pretend to be al quaeda and promise them money to blow things up, then says they arrested homegrown terrorists, what a farce.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

top topics

join