It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King's 'The Mist' comes out next Wed. 11/21/07

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Anyone planning on seeing this? I always thought that this would be one of the better adaptations as it was only a novella and there would be less lost in the movie translation. I'm praying that they don't turn it into a gore-fest as there was a lot of suspense in the story.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Even though King stories made into movies are almost always crap, I want to see this. Probably won't get to until it's on DVD though.

I really like King's toying with alternate dimensions, it's very Lovecraftian of him. The Mist is one of my favorite King tales. I've read it several times and always had the same reaction to it -- wondering what happened to the people. That's the mark of a truly great story. Having it spend time in your head afterward while you try to figure out what happened next.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I ended seeing it on opening night and it far surpassed my expectations. This is one of the best Stepehen King adaptations to date. It was not a ridiculous gore-fest but was a very well acted and suspensful movie. I won't give anything away but the ending was very disturbing. I highly recommend it.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thanks for that review AM. We were going to go see something else but based on your post and the fact the theature is only 1/2 mile away; a nice way to spend the after Thanksgiving evening. Getting the **** scared out of you.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Great! Let me know what you thought of it. I put it up there with Shawshank and Green Mile as one of the best King movies.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
As MM said, this is one of my favorite King stories. When I found out that the guy that did Shawshank and Green Mile was doing this, I knew it would be good.

I plan on seeing it at some point this weekend!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I saw it on Saturday, Like the author said, it has a very disturbing ending. And you won't expect it what so ever, but i ahven't read the novel yet, and I have a full King Kollection at my house. I recommend it to everyone, you won't be able to take your eyes off the screen. I loved it.
Anyways I am out of here.

-Jimmy-

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I happened to catch an interview with Stephen King where he was asked about the ending having been changed from the original novella. He commented that if he would have thought of this one he would have used it instead.

Hey MM, you need to see this pronto before someone blows the ending for you.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm seeing it either tomorrow or Saturday. I was going to ask you guys whether I should or not, but I guess that was already answered.

Thanks for the reviews. This will be the movie I go to see.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I saw it the other day, and I loved it.

Pretty much everything from the novella is in the movie, and even though the ending is different, I thought it was well placed.

Definatly a must see!

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Valdimer]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Yep. Completely agree with the previous comments. Best Stephen King adaptation. Great effects, better acting then I had thought there would be. I urge everyone to see this film.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I wrote a short review here....

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Good to see some folks enjoyed it! I only thought it was OK.

But I'm not a big S. King fan.

new topics

top topics

join