It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i saw a light in the sky,and i got a witness who confirms this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
hi,
first off,you'll all have to axcuse my english grammar
i'm from Antwerp,Belgium,and so english is not my native language.

secondly,i'd like to thank everyone on ATS for the wonderfull years you've all given me so far.
i'm still verry new to posting but have been reading up for a couple of years now.
i first came to this site about 5 years ago,while researching stuff on the internet for my own purposes.
i'm one of those people you could realy call an "information-addict"

i'm interested in everything and anything.the more i know,the happier i feel...i'm allways looking for something new.

now the formalities are all done,on to the actual point of this thread.

what i'm about to tell you happened around a month and half ago.
the reason i'm posting this just now,is because i didn't realy know where to go with this story,and the fear of beïng ridiculed (kind of a sore point for me right there...bad memories)
i'm not even sure this is the right forum...
anyway,here goes...

i was driving down the highway,it was about 2 in the afternoon on a wendsday if i remember correct.can't recall the precise date.
my buddy was sitting next to me,and we where just chatting about unimportant things,like bored people do,and listening to music for the duration of the ride.
like i said,it was about 2 in the afternoon,the sky was overcast,a solid grey in colour.
all of a sudden,my friend interupted the sentence he was saying,and asked me "hey,what's that over there?"

what was there,was about i mile out in front of us,not straight in front of us,but about 20° to the right.
it was a little yelowish-white light.i think it would have been no larger than 1 centimeter across,and round,from where we were sitting at least.
we first dismissed it as a low flying airplane,but then my friend said he did not see it moving.

so i pulled the car over on to the right hand lane wich is used when your car gives up on you (sorry,don't know the english word for it) and stopped.
we sat there for about ten seconds,watching the tiny light in the sky ahead of us,and as i was just about to say to my friend that it was indeed not moving,but that i thought it was helicopter.we both saw the light shoot up straight in the air,drawing i little white vertical line in the sky (like the lines u see on a picture drawn by lights of a car passing by,taken with enough shutter delay),and then disappear into nothing.this took no more than a second,but we both had our eyes wide open and confirmed what we had just seen to eachother.we sat there for about ten more minutes,wondering what the hell we'd just witnessed,and then drove off,continueing our journey.

all of this happened about 2 miles over the border between Belgium and the Netherlands.driving direction was towards the Netherlands.the particular border crossing is the one closest to Bergen Op Zoom,the Netherlands.

i'm not trying to convince others here on ATS that we saw a UFO.
we'r not even sure what it was ourselves.
but that's wgy i'm posting this here.
as i said before,i'm an information addict,and having seen this happen,right there in front of me,with a witness who confirms that he had seen the exact same thing at the exact same time (and had actually seen it before i did),really makes me want to know what happened at that time.

what exactly did me and my friend see?

please don't ridicule this story,it is hard enough for me to talk about this as it is already.

any feedback is welcome at this point
because i'm trying to read the book,but there are some blank pages there wich i would love to see filled out

thank you

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That quite an interesting sighting. The trail of light or the effect of causing the trail to persist in your vision is a bit unusual. At least I haven't heard that often. Since it was in the daylight it must have been quite bright.

Do you know the height of the cloud cover that day? Why do you figure a mile away?

[edit on 11/13/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalDisaster
what exactly did me and my friend see?

please don't ridicule this story,it is hard enough for me to talk about this as it is already.

Well, thank you for sharing your sighting with us, however, I think it's impossible for anyone to say for sure what you and your friend saw.

Unfortunately you don't have any evidence or more data that could help you and us identify what it was that you and your friend actually saw.

I understand that you feel a need of 'closure', to understand what the hell it was that you saw - I felt the same when I had my first sighting - but it's most likely that you will never know what you've witnessed.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Was there any weddings happening nearby? Its possibly some kind of lantern, or a secret stealth fighter jet?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DigitalDisaster

Woensdrecht Airbase is just over 3 miles to the northeast from the area you were in.

Perhaps the meteorology squadron launched a rocket sonde at that time.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
@roadgravel: yes it was quite bright.the colour was between white and yellow.it looked a little like a LED ligth from our point of view but even brighter.i'm no expert at clouds and stuff but i think it would have been somewhere around 1000 meters.it was a fairly rainy day.the sighting ocurred during a brief period of no rain tho.this lasted for about a half hour (say about 15 mins prior to and 15 mins after the sighting),this however is nothing out of the ordinary as it almost always rains like this where i live,especialy round this time of year.
stating it was about a mile out is something of a guess on my part.
however my depthperception has rarely let me down before,so i think it was about a mile,could have been a little more or less.
as for the trail of light,this only lasted about a second or less,and then it was completely gone.as i stated before,the light itself could have been no more than 1 centimeter across,therefor i figure the length of the trail (while it was visible) was about 3 centimeter (or close to an inch if i remember my math corerectly),and it went straigh up.

@danx: no,unfortunately there is indeed no evidence to back this up.all i can do is describe it to you to the best of my memory.my friend is not a member of ATS,but i'll see if i can get him to write down what he saw from his point of view and then post it here(or maybe even join ATS and post it here himself,tho i think he won't since he's not realy into this kind of stuff).we where not prepared for this,had no camera near at that time,where thinking about something completely diffrent when this occured and where traveling along a 3 lane highway in the left hand lane at over 120km/hour,so it all just went a little too fast.as i said,i pulled the car over when we spotted the light,and then,ten seconds later it was already gone.
all in all,i think it must have been visible for no more than 2 minutes in total...unless it was already there long before we noticed it ofcourse.

@jainatorres: how should i know?we where in a car on the highway.

@eaglewingz: could be,but then again,as i said,th light was hanging still (frozen) in the air,and then suddenly disappeared upward at enourmous speed.i mentioned before that i think the cloud cover was at about a 1000 meters that day,and judging further on that,i estimate the altitude the light was at,was somewhere between 300 and 400 meters.certainly not halfway between the ground and the clouds,a little lower.

[edit on 13/11/2007 by DigitalDisaster]

[edit on 13/11/2007 by DigitalDisaster]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
if anyone else has thoughts or comments about this,please share them

i realy want to get to the deeper end on this
this sighting has shaken me pretty hard and has aroused my curiosity to unusualy high levels

if anyone has anything to share,i would greatly apreciate it

thanx

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DigitalDisaster

hey i just looked at the U2U you sent me you said that it happened the day you sent it and the date on the thing was November 1. just thought i'd let you know,keep me posted. one question, could it have been something bigger but farther away? or closer and small?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
thanks for the update cory
so now we have the date again,i thought it was longer ago,but hey,that's short term memory for ya

iv'e always sucked at that...

anyway,asuming the distance estimate i gave is correct,i think it would have been the size of,say,a large car,or a small truck or van from up close
this is just my oppinion tho,as we never got to see any details,it just apeared as a relatively small,but verry bright light in the sky

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
the other day i saw a little light a little smaller than the one that you described and it was blueish. i flew right by me in my house, i tried to follow it but it was really fast. it started to go up my stairs but then i lost it.

top topics

join