It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Guy wants Bush dead.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

In this video you will see them showing Lois using a gatling gun on the Bush portrait.

So horrible.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw it Sunday night. Somehow, programs like this don't shock me. That is what shows like this are considered, "shock entertainment."

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It's a cartoon and they also show a father shooting his baby in the chest and head. Saying that Family Guy wants bush dead is ridiculous.
Saying that a tv show wants anything is also obscured. Who exactly do you mean when you say that. A tv show doesn't want anything as it does not exist as a being or have the capacity to think. You mean the creators of the show? maybe the writers? maybe just everyone who has anything to do with the show...Fox perhaps for showing it?
It was meant to be funny, and it was might I add.
Get over it.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I thought it was a pretty darn funny episode myself, she also shoots the portraits of Reagan and Bush Sr. while sweeping the room but she does go back and unload on the Bush Jr. Portrait...

She misses Clinton, but in true Family Guy fashion he's naked in his portrait. Come to think of it I think Clinton is always naked in Family guy...

I don't know how this could even remotely be taken seriously, I mean jeez, the baby goes on a rampage (in the last episode he machine guns his mom off a cruise ship), kills a man, kidnaps the dog who drives the car, infiltrates the CIA, takes down the power grid, and becomes president of the world. He then gets into a true action movie blowout fight scene with his mom and then gets shot by his dad...

It's political satire. Meant to be funny. Maybe you don't think it is so don't watch it. They don't pull any punches on that show and they rip on everyone equally, maybe you missed the bit in that same episode where they allude to Rob Schneider killing immigrants in his shower. Don't take it too seriously, obviously the government doesn't or it wouldn't have aired, these shows do pass by the censors first after all.

It's entertainment to some people (myself included), is it tasteless? You bet, but I find it more enjoyable than Jerry Springer. I especially the scenes with mayor West like when he spends the whole town budget on a golden statue of Dig 'em. Ah, government at work...

Shooting up a portrait of the president does not in any way mean that the makers of the show advocate or condone violence toward the man, They are just putting into pictures the feeling many people have toward him.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebeard
Shooting up a portrait of the president does not in any way mean that the makers of the show advocate or condone violence toward the man, They are just putting into pictures the feeling many people have toward him.

To me, it was just a satirical comment on some people's attitude towards Bush. Now, could it be construed by a sick mind? Certainly, but then again, what can't.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm getting really sick of everyone putting copyrighted material on YouTube. It really screws it up because these companies make copyright claims and pull it. All over YouTube there's dead and pulled videos. It's really bringing down the entertainment that site used to have.

I haven't seen this episode, and I haven't seen this clip obviously, so I can't really comment. But if it's just shooting Bush, what's the problem? It's a political satire stunt. What happened to free speech? Everybody is so damn sensitive now that little things like this are taken as a threat or being of ill intent.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I alos have not seen the episode, and the video is dead now.

But ive seen enough family guy to know what the deal is. Its satire! Come on guys. We are better then that, of all the people in the world, i never thought the people that visit this site would not understand satire.

This shouldn't even be an issue, this is what this show does, it pokes fun at everyone.

Family Guy and South Park make extensive use of satire, and the only ones that are offended are those who who are too dense to get satire.

It is a sickness that is infecting the population of this country, the overall value and direction of this country has become so sick and twisted, that we can't recognize satire anymore.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Yep, agreed. Like you said with South Park, that 9/11 conspiracy theory episode. I'm a "9/11 conspiracy theorist" and I thought it was funny.

It's just satire, people! Lighten up! Laugh - it's good for you.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

In this video you will see them showing Lois using a gatling gun on the Bush portrait.

So horrible.

And why do you think that is "horrible"? Personally I thought that was a funny episode and didnt see anything wrong with it. If you dont like it, then change the channel, thats what the remote is for.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Maybe they should all be thrown in jail without trial.

Come on. It's a cartoon. It's about comedy. You may not think it's funny, and fans of the show may not actually want Bush dead.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
What I don't get is Family Guy is bashed for shooting a picture of Bush, yet 600,000+ Iraqis have died in the Iraq War, and that seems to be OK.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Maybe they didin't like the portrait?
Its a freakin cartoon, have you ever heard of South Park? If you think this is bad, watch several episodes of SP and you'll probably sue them if you think this is a big deal.
Like somebody said above, get over it. And so what if they want Bush dead? How does that affect your life? How does that affect ours? Do you really think their going to kill him? Of course not, even though he is responsible for over half a million deaths, but that is irregardless right?

lame...

-Jimmy-

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Get a grip. Its just a cartoon, in bad taste, but nevertheless a stupid cartoon.

The fact it aired on Fox is interesting, though.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Get a grip. Its just a cartoon, in bad taste, but nevertheless a stupid cartoon.

The fact it aired on Fox is interesting, though.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It is just a cartoon, albeit one that tries way too hard to be funny. It has its moments. South Park is the same way.

I'll take The Simpsons, thank you, and Futurama. Way more clever IMHO.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I agree, the Simpsons were very funny and they stuck to comedy anyone could watch!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Yeah, I saw it Sunday night. Somehow, programs like this don't shock me. That is what shows like this are considered, "shock entertainment."

I don't particularly appreciate it either.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I bet you any money this episode wont be shown on Fox ever again and the Secret Service will now be investigated Cartoon Characters for making threats.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

stewie kills louis part two
it was ace when she shoots his portrait and then goes back and completly rips it apart

Kudos to the creators of family guy

top topics

join