It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lear a CIA agent?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mentalempire
reply to post by Telos

You're not reading the rest of the thread so I feel no need to respond to this in detail.

No pun intended. Sorry if I sound it harsh but wasn't directed to you. Was in general and I just quoted your comment.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Hey, no offense taken. I didn't think you were being rude, I just think you weren't addressing all the points I had made in the thread.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Fine, yes, this account was registered by the owner of a previously banned account.

Now that's the kind of blatant admission that I was referring to a bit earlier.

Go ahead and cry to the mods for me to be banned, I swear if I am, I'll be back.

Just the kind of person I want defending the "integrity of this website". One who can't discuss things in a manner which doesn't get himself/herself banned in the first place.

OK, let's review the worst logical fallacies that have been made on page two by those who support Lear:

First off, I'm not "supporting Lear" here. I merely noticed that, due to your very recent join date, it was a bit odd for you to be throwing down the gauntlet so soon; however, since you want to discuss logical fallacies, lets start off with a classic... the Straw Man!

1. "We can't ban those who hoax unless they admit to it" What tripe. By the same logic, no criminal could ever be convicted unless (s)he confessed.

No one has stated this point of view except you. You're attacking your own grossly distorted point since you apparently can't address what I actually said. :shk:

Next up on the fallacy block... Appeal to Pity!!!

2. Blaming the victim-If I make legitimate points about how Lear has screwed over the board, then I am a troublemaker. Hey, don't point at me, I didn't make the deceptive posts with no proof!

Heavens no. Pay no attention to the member who was previously banned (yet returned to raise a lil' ruckus); you're obviously the "victim", and a bastion of integrity here.

[edit on 11/14/07 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Well said, red!
Your logic is... impeccable.
As far as anyone here being a NSA, CIA, DIA or any other employee, mental, or anyone else here would never know, since they are not in the habit of being so, shall we say, obvious.
So. What are we left with?
You take a bit here and a bit there, and fit it in with what you already know to be true in order to complete your own personal view of the universe.
For this, ATS is tremendous.
Are we expected to believe all of what we read here as pure fact?
Hell no.
And neither can you apply that sentiment to the evening 'news'.
Or what you read in most books. Including reference books.
JL has as much right to express what he believes or wants you to believe as anyone else here.
It is your job to filter it.
Not attack the man.
He has been more than patient answering the same questions over and over again.
If engaged by legitimate questions, I have always seen him willing to respond. Nobody responds well to innuendo, sarcasm, or personal attack.
Why should he?
He is above all, an interesting character, and I for one am glad he's here.

Thanks again red for helping to keep the board honest.
And thanks John for keeping it interesting.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Nice job redmage.

If we still had WATS, I'd vote for you, but for now you get stars.

Really, nice work.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
red, a star from me as well. I'm no Learite, as our poster referred to certain believers. But I find JL to be no more or worse than many, and he is interesting. I think he may even have a few things going for him.

Let us say that I knew some good secrets, but I couldn't just go straight out public with them, being afraid that my past would catch up to me. The next best thing would be to hide in plain sight as a rather eccentric "character", and every once in a while slip in a goody, hoping others would check it out. That way I could out the things I knew, and remain hidden in the guise of a slightly odd poster.

I watch old JL close.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I could care less either way, I just think Mr. Lear is one cool character and I enjoy reading his posts they always make me smile, some even get a giggle.
I have never posted in the Lear forum until now but I have always wanted to let him know that I think he is "funky fresh" as my 9 yr old son would say. I dont believe or disbelieve what he posts but I sure as Hedoublehockeysticks find them entertaining, engaging and thoughtful which is more than I can say for the countless other posts that I have to dredge thru to get to a decent one.
So, in closing, Thank You Mr. Lear for being one farout groovy dude (did I just age myself or what!!) I enjoy you immensly.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by citizen truth

I have no idea....

...and don't call me Shirley.

Oh, and....

There's a sale at Penney's!!!!!!!!!

I guess the foot's on the other hand now, isn't it citizen truth?

[edit on 11/14/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
I'm no Learite

Hey. Is it Learite ?
I thought it was Lear-ian.
Or possibly Lear-ling ?
Lear-igan ?
Lear-y?

Just funnin' John.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the o.k.

I know. But as an old hippy in some of my misspent youth, I cracked up over the "Lear-y" one. Timothy gave that a bad name.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
reply to post by citizen truth

I have no idea....

...and don't call me Shirley.

Oh, and....

There's a sale at Penney's!!!!!!!!!

I guess the foot's on the other hand now, isn't it citizen truth?

God, that is THE funniest movie ever made!

How did I miss that reference???

My name is Roger Murdoch. I'm the co-pilot.

What's his altitude? He's at 2000 ft. now it's 700' ft. he's all over the place. What an a$$h*le!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines!

I gotta watch that tomorrow!

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Alexander the o.k.]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I dont belive john lear is a CIA agent or anything like that, and i have no problem with him being a member on ats, but you gotta agree if any one else said what he says he would be banned, especially if he had no real evidence to his claim.

and john lears claims can be a bit extreme, soul machine on the moon. Its hard to belive that. But it could be true, and no plane theory, he allways seems to have the most extreme theories with no evidence

[edit on 14-11-2007 by dahl]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dahl

Hey, every family has at least one John Lear. The one you don't want your date to meet, because she might think it runs in the family.

But at the same time, you really do care about him.

So you keep him in the basement and let him play on the internet.

**Now I'm in trouble. John reads everything on ATS, right down to the ad logos. He'll give me heck tomorrow for this post.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Fine, yes, this account was registered by the owner of a previously banned account. I know Lear and I know the kind of posts he makes. Go ahead and cry to the mods for me to be banned, I swear if I am, I'll be back.

OK, let's review the worst logical fallacies that have been made on page two by those who support Lear:

Emphasis added by moi...

Well to start off that is why I reported you... maybe we can avoid this in the future with an IP banning... Enjoy!

1. "We can't ban those who hoax unless they admit to it" What tripe. By the same logic, no criminal could ever be convicted unless (s)he confessed.

This isn't a federal System. It is an Internet forum. If enough of us complain, we WILL be listened too by the owners. After all without members where is there business? The problem you seem to have is you are a member of a small minority that is unwilling to play by the boards rules.

2. Blaming the victim-If I make legitimate points about how Lear has screwed over the board, then I am a troublemaker. Hey, don't point at me, I didn't make the deceptive posts with no proof!

playing the victim- Your points aren't legitimate as Mr. Lear has been here and EARNED our RESPECT. You approach is lacking any methodology to gain the respect of the deniers of ignorance known as ATS members. As such your approach is that of a troublemaker and you are thusly silenced.
One would hope this logic doesn't fly to far above your altitude.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Snorez. Again with the "lets get rid of John Lear" posts. WTF?
As stated earlier if you think he's bunk then just Dont read his posts.
Seems John has quite a bounty on his head as evident by the constant and furious debunking Lear threads.
Seems like quite a campaign too dis credit Lear is in action around here.
Funny thing is this site is dedicated to the unexplained and alternate theories yet
for everyone that posts something along those lines they get heckled by a vast amount of in the box folks.
Strange.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I think there is a possibility, specially with all his knowledge, background and obvious intelligence. If so, you will never know for sure anyway. Not everyone within the CIA are cold blooded killers. Some spread disinformation, and its easy for them to get much respect on sites like this since they have so much knowledge not easily found by the public.

But to be honest, I like the guy, and as long as you take everything he says with a pinch of salt, I see no harm in keeping an open mind to what he says. He may be a disinfo agent or he may not be. Like I said, you can never be certain, but they run disinfo on the mainstream news every day so who can you really trust these days?

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Guys, John Lear is no more of a disinfo agent than you or I. I think sometimes people place too much importance on this board. Step away from the computer. Nothing done here on ATS will change the world, or even matter in the least. If I was a disinfo agent I would be spending my time elsewhere. There are enough whackos around here that discredit this whole place for free to worry about intentionally planting disinformation.

But then again, maybe this whole place is disinfo if you want to be paranoid about it. Maybe the venture capitalist behind this are actually goverment supported agents doing what they do best to keep the whole ufo/alien/conspiracy topic regulated to the realm of outlandish kooks and weirdos. Theres a conspiracy for you.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Guys, John Lear is no more of a disinfo agent than you or I. I think sometimes people place too much importance on this board.

Strange argument, considering this is the largest conspiracy site on the Internet. Where would disinfo agents be if not here, where they can influence the most people?

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee
The man states his opinion and beliefs, nothing more. If there were any disinformation agents here, they would not reveal their entire career history and personal life.

Have you heard of the concept of a "cover"? JL has a credible story to go with the rest of what he says. Really fits in the CIA agent theory.

As to opinions and beliefs. It's quite OK to have any beliefs at all. Some of the John's claims, however, contradict themselves anad can't possibly be true. If you throw a few giant soul-catching machines and a huge alien reactor on the Moon (no proof whatsoever), quite a few people will start dismissing both the message and the messenger as maybe a "believer" who's not worth believeing. And here's what happens, the idea of alternative research becomes discredited. If John was tasked with generating a lot of information noise to mask the signal, he's doing a crack job. What makes it also so efficient is that in certian cases a few things he's saying may be close to truth. Who knows, maybe there are a few artifacts on unknown origin on the Moon in one or two locations... But if we start talking about a dozen or two or three of those dispersed everywhere, and most of those appear to be fabrications, most will assume that the whole idea is not worthy. Mission accomplished. Truth concealed.

Frankly, I find your theory more ridiculous than anything John has ever said, big soul machine on the moon included.

No, the soul macine gets the prize.

Discalimer: I would like to apply the same disclaimer as John does. All or part of what I say may not be true and I could be easily disinformed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join