It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What of the Jena 6 funds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

What of the Jena 6 funds?

www.chicagotribune.com

HOUSTON - Just weeks after some 20,000 demonstrators protested what they decried as unequal justice aimed at six black teenagers in the Louisiana town of Jena, controversy is growing over the accounting and disbursing of at least $500,000 donated to pay for the teenagers' legal defense.

Parents of the "Jena 6" teens have refused to publicly account for how they are spending a large portion of the cash, estimated at up to $250,000, that resides in a bank account they control.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Did anyone else happen to catch this? I know there have been several topics here with regard to the Jena 6, but I did not see this article mentioned in any of them.

I think this topic warrants its own entry. How much longer do you think the parents can put off explaining to their supporters where the money has gone? What do you think of the actions of the Jena 6 since the March? Do you still think they were worthy of it?

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Probably the same place the Katrina funds went strip clubs, guns, shoes, and movies, oh and drugs. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well, Robert Bailey Jr did look charming with (presumably) legal-defense money in his mouth!

Reports of Robert Bailey Jr with (presumably) defense fund money in his mouth

Bill O'Reilly Transcript (Yes, I'm aware Bill O'Reilly isn't the most "neutral" figure in the Big Media).

The irony of that is that Color of Change, which has raised about $212,000 for the Jena Six defendants, they're the only group in all of this that actually has been completely transparent about how they have distributed the money. And they've basically shown how they have paid it all out to the attorneys.

But yes, as per mybigunit, I doubt the missing portion (estimated at $250,000) is going to find it's way into the hands of the defense attourneys any time soon.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
500k and the poor white kid who got jumped didnt get one dollar. Sad in america lets defend the hoodlems who jumped a defensless white kid.

If this was reveresed white kids would be castrised and handed hate crime senteces and prob do 30 yrs in jail.

Its not there fault they wanted to kill the white kid its all his fault right?

I hope they all hang and get jumped in jail by white gangs.

Eye for an eye.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by NWOmaskedman]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
One of the Jena Six guys is at it again:

Linky

Can someone please remind me why we are supposed to care about people like this?

new topics

top topics

join