It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran gives UN blueprints of how to make uranium warheads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
From the Associated Press:

www.jpost.com...

After years of stonewalling, Iran has given the UN nuclear agency blueprints showing how to mold uranium metal into the shape of warheads, diplomats said Tuesday, in an apparent concession meant to head off the threat of new UN sanctions. [quote/]

So much for knowing nothing about nukes.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
What is this thread doing in the war on terrorism section? Last I checked, the Iranians were not terrorists, although I am sure Jpost would disagree...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Last i checked they were state sponsors of terror with links to Hamas, Hezbollah which ARE terrorist organizations. Or i guess guys who strap bomb vests to themselves and blow up innocent civilians in the marketplace and night clubs aren't terrorists by YOUR definition? Hmmm.

Yes this thread is in the right forum.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by princeofpeace]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I agree. When Dr. Condi labeled Iran's Rev. Guard a terrorist group, Iran, as it's sponsor, made Iran eligible for inclusion in this forum.

Now, back on topic, please.

A cone-shaped, poured uranium nose? Yeah, THAT'S how you make them. And we really have to worry about these guys? I'm wondering if they presented the plans to the UN as a joke. It seems more of a "Dirty Bomb" than a nuclear weapon.

My $.02,
Cuhail

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I agree it's unfair to label Iran as a country as terrorists.

If that's the case then Britain and America are bigger terrorists in my opinion with such groups as CIA, M15/M16.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
im having a hard time understanding how uranium metal tipped warheads constitute a nuclear weapon. usually uranium is used to penetrate armor. and it mentions nothing of enriched uranium, just uranium metal.
any ideas on this ?

and also, if one wants to blast iran for its support of terrorism, one must not turn a blind eye to the terrorists supported by the US. Or does terrorism only work one way? when a person straps a bomb to his chest and blows up Americas enemy he is not a terrorist?

A Pakistani tribal militant group responsible for a series of deadly guerrilla raids inside Iran has been secretly encouraged and advised by American officials since 2005, U.S. and Pakistani intelligence sources tell ABC News.
Jundullah, which claims that Iran's Shiite regime is oppressing its Baluchi minority, has claimed responsibility for bombings, kidnappings, and televised beheadings that have killed more than a dozen Iranian troops and officials. In February the group said it carried out a car-bomb attack targeting Iran's Revolutionary Guard

www.csmonitor.com...

Mujahedeen-e-Khalq (MEK) is the largest and most militant group opposed to the Islamic Republic of Iran. Also known as the People’s Mujahedeen Organization of Iran,..MEK was added to the U.S. State Department’s list of foreign terrorist groups in 1997

BAGHDAD -- For three years, thousands of members of a militant group dedicated to overthrowing Iran's theocracy have lived in a sprawling compound north of Baghdad under the protection of the U.S. military.....Now the Iraqi government is intensifying its efforts to evict the 3,800 or so members of the group who live in Iraq, although U.S. officials say they are in no hurry to change their policy toward the MEK, which has been a prime source of information about Iran's nuclear program.

interesting. a group willing to use terrorism to overthrow the iranian government is a prime source of intel on irans nuke program? (to me this is equal to relying on the nazi's to give info on jews, there is clearly a conflict of interest in making things up) no wonder why the IAEA cant find any nuclear weapons program

smintheusblog.blogspot.com...

the FBI defines internatinal terrorism as follows:

International terrorism involves violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or any state, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or any state. These acts appear to be intended to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
IRAN = Country with 70 million people.

Do you believe all 70 million of them strap bombs to their chests and blow people up?

I think the number of crazies in that country probably isn't too different from the number of crazies here.

Does that mean the US needs to be invaded too?

I find the threat that another nation could become nuclear armed serious.

But I don't feel any safer knowing that my country has thousands of them.

Are they all accounted for? Do I trust the sanity and good judgement of those people who are in control of them to act in MY and America's best interest? Hell no.

What in god's name are you going to do with all those nukes, except possibly exclude every human being on the planet from the right to life?

I would be happier if the US started dismantling as a gesture of peace and good faith. Let foreign inspectors in to watch them being decommissioned.

What would the rest of the world do? Let out a sigh of relief, I think, and slow down their ambitions of producing nukes themselves.

But the military-industrial complex needs a threat to justify their requests for funding. So they arm everyone to the teeth, even selling weapons to our enemies saying "well look what they have, better give me a half a trillion dollars or YOU GONNA DIE SUCKA!!!!"

That's blackmail, if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dionysius9

Do you believe all 70 million of them strap bombs to their chests and blow people up?

I think the number of crazies in that country probably isn't too different from the number of crazies here.

I dont know. Do ANY US citizens strap bombs to their chests and go storm market places, places of worship, or night clubs? Hmmm. NO. Those people are pure barbarians resorting to the lowest form of inflicting carnage.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Originally posted by dionysius9

I dont know. Do ANY US citizens strap bombs to their chests and go storm market places, places of worship, or night clubs? Hmmm. NO. Those people are pure barbarians resorting to the lowest form of inflicting carnage.

Here in Britain we've had British home grown suicide bombers carrying out atrocities in London, Israel and probably Iraq and Afghanistan killing hundreds of innocent people.

Does this mean then that Britain is an terrorist nation?

Does this mean that all people in England, Scotland, NI and Wales are Terrorists?

Your argument is stupid and it's obvious you have a hatred for Iran and your spouting personal opinions in respect for Iran.

Don't tarnish everybody with the same brush.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
M15/M16.

Actually mate MI-16 was scientific research and MI-15 was german arial photography intelligence.....so unless we're worried that germany's on the rise again or irans got some cool scientic toys I dont think we'll re-band these orginisations..

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yeah i dont like Iran so what? They ARE a terrorist nation who produces AND supports groups who straps bombs to their chests and kills innocent civilians ON PURPOSE. These groups ARE NOT fighting a military. Their sole purpose is to inflict harm on civilians. How the hell is that freedom fighting???

We can debate military tactics all day long but the fact that Hezbo and Hamas and Al Queda kill themselves to inflict harm on innocent civilians has NOTHING to do with freedom fighting. It IS NOT collateral damage from trying to hit a military target either. This is pure terrorism of which Iran is state sponsor.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

so there is good terrorism and bad terrorism?

good terroism is where people strap bombs to themselves and kill iranians
bad terrorism is where people strap bombs to themselves and kill iraqis or americans. got it

google: MEK, and Jundallah
please, please read this article
news.bbc.co.uk...

Tehran proposed ending support for Lebanese and Palestinian militant groups and helping to stabilise Iraq following the US-led invasion.

Offers, including making its nuclear programme more transparent, were conditional on the US ending hostility.

But Vice-President Dick Cheney's office rejected the plan, the official said.

Newsnight has uncovered an extraordinary letter written after the invasion of Iraq in 2003 where Tehran offers to withdraw military backing for Hamas and Hezbollah as well as give open access to their nuclear facilities in return for Western action in disbanding the PMOI (or MEK)

news.bbc.co.uk...

instead they did the exact opposite, who wants war with who?

Observers say the Iranian offer as outlined nearly four years ago corresponds pretty closely to what Washington is demanding from Tehran now

ok so let me get this straight.
right after we invaded iraq, iran offered to drop support for terrorists and open up its nuclear program and help stabilze iraq, if the US would disband a terrorist group carrying out attacks in iran. We declined and supported that terroist group, and now we demand that iran drop support for terroirists and open up its nuclear program or they will be bombed. That is some excellent diplomacy if i ever heard it. The retardation is apalling.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Why would the US offer to help disband a small podunk "terrorist" organization in Iran when they wont do anything to help disband Hezbollah or Hamas?

*snip*

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 16-11-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The personal attacks and sniping STOPS now.

Thanks for your attention

FredT, Moderator

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Yes they do, just ask any of those right to life animals
, Operation Rescue ring a bell. If they are not a terrorist organization I don't know what is.

The US sponsors Isreal and they commit huge acts of terrorism on a daily basis in the name of self defence. You may be a bit slow to realize that the very things you decry about Iran are supported by the very administration in Washington
. Torture, conspiracy, outright lying to thier people, spying on thier own people, censorship. Hmmmmmmm Iran leaders may be terrorists but the Bush administration is no different.

You are clearly ignorant of your history and given the state of public education here I will forgive for this ignorance, just this one time mind you
but the mess in Iran, iraq, the whole Middle East is of our own making. I doubt you can get past your own spoonfed rhetoric, but do yourself a favor, turn off Fox News, and search for Operation Ajax, the Lavon Affait etc. (most are here on this site itself) and get some education into you man. Trust me it gets oh so tiresom debating these neocon clone jr's who basically spew the same rhetoric that Rummy did. Untill you educatre yourself about the Middle East and what goes on there and why, please spare us your tired rants.

Suicide bombers? IF thats all they have how is it any different than a 2000 JDAM droped from a multi billion dollar stealth bomber? Because thay don't have fancy toys they should not play?

Based on your posts i have to lable you as a Level II Mindless Patriot

[edit on 17/11/07 by Operation AJAX]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by turbokid

bad terrorism is where people strap bombs to themselves and kill iraqis or americans. got it

Are we at a restaurant? Cause somebody just got served!

Id like to see the good prince respond to this without the personal insults or tired rhetoric. Come on man we have seen your type before, give us something real not sound bites from Fox News, or the Neocon Jr. talking points web site

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Why would the US offer to help disband a small podunk "terrorist" organization in Iran when they wont do anything to help disband Hezbollah or Hamas?

*snip*

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 16-11-2007 by Jbird]

i wish i would have been able to read the things you wrote before they were edited. why is it that most people resort to attacks or bad courtesy when presented with facts that put their position in jeopardy?

anyways, as for disbanding a "podunk" terrorist group. Well obviously they arn't so "podunk" since the US saw fit to put them on the international terrorist org. list since 1997 and Europe put them on the terrorist list in 02 since they killed civilians. and in addition they have also killed americans during the 79 revolution. Also, Iran is nervous enough to be willing to negotiate to stop this group from carrying out its terrorist operations inside iran, some podunk group.

Mujahadeen-e-Khalq (MEK) is the largest and most militant group opposed to the Islamic Republic of Iran.
podunk???

heres a few quotes from the CFR on *some of the things MEK have carried out.

assistance to Saddam Hussein’s suppression of the 1991 Iraqi Shiite and Kurdish uprisings

umm gassing of the kurds remember? do you hate MEK now?

support for the 1979 takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran by Iranian revolutionaries;

this means that they oppose the US.. yes?

the 1970s killings ofU.S. military personnel and civilians working on defense projects in Tehran.

Yes, they killed americans. and now we protect them. we protect... terrorists.
www.cfr.org...

like i've said many times, right after 911 iran helped topple the taliban (another one of iran's enemies, yes you heard that right, iran opposed the taliban) and they offered to help stabilize iraq if the US would remove a terrorist group, previously supported by Saddam Hussein from carrying out more attacks in iran. It seems to me, striking this deal with the iranians would have been the most logical way to "protect israel" by cutting off the supply lines to hebollah and put iran in a "fair weather friend" status rather than a target for bombs. (unless of coarse that what we want)

The United States and Iran were on a course to work closely together on the war against al-Qaeda and its Taliban sponsors in Afghanistan in late 2001 and early 2002 – until Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld stepped in to scuttle that cooperation, according to officials who were involved at the time.

"The Iranians had real contacts with important players in Afghanistan and were prepared to use their influence in constructive ways in coordination with the United States," recalls Flynt Leverett, then senior director for Middle East affairs in the National Security Council (NSC)

It was thanks to the Northern Alliance Afghan troops, which were supported primarily by the Iranians, that the Taliban was driven out of Kabul in mid-November. Two weeks later, the Afghan opposition groups were convened in Bonn under United Nations auspices to agree on a successor regime.

www.antiwar.com...
how do you explain this?

they go from ally in the war on terror to axis of evil with one stroke of Rumsfelds war paintbrush.
Foreign policy in action my friend. 21st century imperialism.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Operation AJAX

Originally posted by turbokid

Are we at a restaurant? Cause somebody just got served!

Id like to see the good prince respond to this without the personal insults or tired rhetoric. Come on man we have seen your type before, give us something real not sound bites from Fox News, or the Neocon Jr. talking points web site

I dont see anything there that serves anybody LOL. I didnt say anything about good or bad terrorism period. I was speaking about terrorists strapping bombs to themselves and targeting and killing innocent civilians!!

new topics

top topics

join