It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My MMA Tribute Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
In this thread, I will be posting my favorite MMA videos.

To begin;

FURIOUS ANGELS - By Boondock

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

HURT - By Boondock

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Those songs are lame.

I stopped watching MMA. I used to do Kenpo, Kung Fu, and flirted with Muay Thai for a a year, but nothing beats K-1. I think the upper echelon of K-1 is just more skilled than some of the jock # you see on SPIKE or anything of the sort.

Here's a major reason why I have no fear of banging it out with bigger dudes. I think even you can respect that, big gloves or not.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
mma is a much more well rounded game than k-1.
there have been a few k-1 guys become moderately successful.

they know where they belong though.

cro cop and mark hunt have had a decent run but cro cop got ko'd twice in mma. high kick by a jui jitsu and knock out by a wrestler.

mark hunts taparooed a few times.
ole stephan leko been beat down.

semmy shilt be tappin.

i think k-1 is a good sport, i just see mma as supreme....if you want to see teh best fighters on the planet fight, it is in mma.

all that said, k-1 has produced four of the baddest thei boxers around.
bas rutten
ermesto hoost
peter aerts
andy hug

lets look at semmy. k-1 restructured their org cause he was pwning people...

in mma though 24-14
lost by subs but lots og ko's and tko's too

i'm not trying to be a jerk with ya, just like talking fighting....

cro cop has probably been the most successful to cross over and he has never got to that number one spot.

i don't think k-1 was around back then but maurice smith was a kickboxer that won the ufc title.

you just like standup fighting more?
kickboxing and muay thai and that?

i love it too i just feel like when i watch boxing or k-1 anymore while it is good and exciting, i don't feel like i am watching the best event for/with the best fighters.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
[I think the upper echelon of K-1 is just more skilled than some of the jock # you see on SPIKE or anything of the sort.

the only reaon i could maybe see this is cause on spike you really don't get to see the best..the ultimate fighter is a great show if you know the sport.
the fight nights and that, that they put on for free on spike, they are getting better but they just started that. they're trying to give us free shows.

now if you want to pit the upper echelon of K-1 against the uppers of mma, you really, HONESTLY think they would have a chance.?
honestly now...

seeing how the k-1 guys have faired in the past. i mean, cro cop was supposed the be the hugest thing around and fedor had a broken thumb and had him running around the ring.

fedor tapped hunt, beat cro cop via decision, tko over tk, tapped valavisious, decision over semmy..

cro cop has some nice wins, but, kongo beat him down for 3 rounds to the decision, gonzaga knocked him out, randleman knocked him out, he went to a DRAW with silva in a match where he requested(and got) special rules, and he had a good 40 lbs on wand.

all three of mark hunts losses are to mma guys. grapplers.

how bout stephan leko? decent k-1 right.....0-3 in mma..nakamura, minowa, and ogawa all took him out.

again, just talking my favorite sport here. i don't see how anyone can see more skills in a fight that is limited.....

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Those songs are lame.

I stopped watching MMA. I used to do Kenpo, Kung Fu, and flirted with Muay Thai for a a year, but nothing beats K-1. I think the upper echelon of K-1 is just more skilled than some of the jock # you see on SPIKE or anything of the sort.

Here's a major reason why I have no fear of banging it out with bigger dudes. I think even you can respect that, big gloves or not.

dude puts me in the mind of a asian version of ali. except much smaller.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
where you at deadflag?

we have to hash this out

new topics

top topics

join