It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

much more classical these days: you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
bout all i listen to these days is Zappa and various classical music.
you?
i just find most other music not even tolerable anymore.

burned out on the same stuff i guess.

i mean beatles, dylan, etc etc will ALWAYS be at the top and i will always toss them in the rotation but i just can't listen to it anymore...

zappas catalouge is so large and diverse i feel like i get verything and the classical...well, it's just beautiful.

i think with classical though, you need to have an appreciation of music to enjoy it...imo, most people really don't appreciate music. the difficulty of it. the beauty of it.
i don't even think most people even 'hear' the music.....
know what i mean?

anyways, clasical for you?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
no classical music fans?

bummer

last night i bought an 11 disc set of chopin. 154 tracks...

i guess i will talk classical by myself.

i like orchestral works and chamber music, but i most of the time i prefer to listen to my chosen instrument without accompanyment(sp), thats a big reason for the chopin.

i really like
stravinsky and varese(it was an aquired taste but it came from frank)
anton webern
liszt
paganini
beethoven
motzart

hilary hahn
yo yo ma

listening to yo yo on his cello is just amazing.

too bad there are not more classical fans here

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hi, actually I am a classical music fan. Actually it is more of the romantic period fan, but I like a lot of the peices from the classical era. I am a professional pianist, and I played a lot of the repertoire out there for piano, and I must admit, I am attached to the music of Frederic Chopin, for me all of his music is amazing, and I play most of it.
Also i like the symphonies by Menelssohn, and also some of Liszt's symphonic poems. Ofcourse i'll like to add beethoven's last sonatas, and also the scarlatti early sonatas are great as well. I believe there are more classical music fans here, they just didn't catch this cool thread yet

Great day everyone

new topics

join