It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dexter appreciation thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Great show. I'm holding off from watching season 2 until It's finished though. I can't stand the suspense. I'll just get all of the episodes and watch them in a row. I've got vacation coming up too!

I watched all of season 1 in a row and didn't regret a thing.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
BD, by any chance did you see the thread where I reviewed the books?

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
i did not major...i think i will stay way....i want to go into the books in the dark so to say...

rasbosi, this season won't be over for a bit but if you have a dvr then you have showtime on demad for free.

dexter plays on sunday and then on monday, it is available on demand for free.
so, when it is over, just hit up your on demand and watch em all. don't need to go rent or buy/download

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Damn, this show sounds awesome. I haven't seen it yet, but may not be able to watch it for a while because, I dont have cable/satellite in my room. And the tv is hogged downstairs in the living room.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
dexter was awesome tonight...

if you didn't watch, don't read the next lines.

so lundy has all the cops looking into each others files cause he knows it is a cop. he called dexter out on a bad blood analysis...dokes was set up my laguarda to go meet some company that wa sgonna pay him like 200k a year doing security.
lundy called him in to go over his cases and as soon has he heard that dexter did a bad job, he walked out on lundy and skipped his interview..
he broke into dexters house and was looking around and he found dexters blood slides....so now, dokes KNOWS.

also, lila was getting to close to dexter. she called the guy that killes his mom and told him where they were gonna be and he showed up and cut dexter....she did this cause she said they wanted to get closer...

he also found out that she started the fire in her house but not sure why.
lila took the key to rita's house off his ring and broke into her house when she was gone, thinking dexter was there.

dexter flipped out and was all up in lilas grill and told her to stay away from him, rita and the kids or she will see 'the monster'.

when lila broke into ritas house, dexter was in south miami, killimg the guy that killed his mom, the same guy that cut him....it was not very graphic but cool. killed him with a chainsaw..

then, he got the call from rita cause she thought someone was in the apt. he hauled butt to her and he left the dude he just chopped up there in is house, like in the boonies.

so we have lila who is obsessive and crazy.
doakes who is a bad mofo and know is onto dexter. i mean, why else would he have blood slides? won't take dokes long to figure out those are all the victims slides.

thing is, will dokes go to the dept and try and take dexter down the right way, or, will he try to confront him...he is a merc but dexter took advanced jui jitsu.

i think in the next few episodes, we are going to see lila and dokes get killed be dexter.

also, lundy took deb to his house to make her dinner, but layed a big smacker on her so MAYBE, she could talk lundy down from dexter.

almost forgot.

deb and batista talked to the neighbor of the guy that dexter messed up the blood on. the guy is obsessive and he writes everything down. hiw whole house was full of boxes like, lady fropped glass and didn't pick it up.

he say someone carring the guy that got killed and wrote down the plate. batista found it and ran it and it was the vics plate, care was from georgia...
thing is, the car was in police impound so someone checked the car out, killed the guy and brought it back so the whole dept know knows thet someone in there is the killer.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

I'm waiting so I can have my own Dexter marathon. Once the season ends (Only about a month or two to go, no?) I can download Season 2 and watch all episodes (season 1 and 2) back to back. Each season only has about 12 hours of video so I should be able to do this in one weekend if I decide to be completely shut-in for the time.

So with that said, I'll not read your next post B.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
IS the SEASON finale in 2 weeks or the series finale... it really looks like the show is going to end for good after seeing the coming attraction. And that would really suck.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
IS the SEASON finale in 2 weeks or the series finale... it really looks like the show is going to end for good after seeing the coming attraction. And that would really suck.

season finale', not series....
that show is kicking all sorts of ass in the ratings and such...it is one of showtimes biggest shows with consistant ratings....

there are tons of things that could happen....maybe he evades or this or that?

there will be another season though

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Im a big fan Boondock..........Dexter and Nip Tuck are my favorite "scripted" shows.........Six Feet under was really good too.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
he broke into dexters house and was looking around and he found dexters blood slides....so now, dokes KNOWS.

I'm not sure what Dokes actually knows. He did find the blood slides, but I don't think he can identify where they're from. Dexter doesn't label them in any direct fashion that I can confirm. I think he has is own methods of identification.

he also found out that she started the fire in her house but not sure why.

I think Dexter knows why she did it. I think that he actually understands that Lila's adiction wasn't a drug, but was her pyromania. That's why they were able to identify with each other so well. I could be wrong though.

thing is, will dokes go to the dept and try and take dexter down the right way, or, will he try to confront him...he is a merc but dexter took advanced jui jitsu.

I don't think Doakes has any loyalty to the station anymore. I do think that he's going to confront Dexter, but I'm not sure what stance he'll take. He may be ok with everyone dying.

i think in the next few episodes, we are going to see lila and dokes get killed be dexter.

Lila maybe, Doakes, no. No matter how close Doakes gets I think Dexter will stick by the code and not kill him.

I could see Doakes attempting to bring the slides in to the police, the police using them as evidence in the trial (and the only thing linking Dexter to the murders), then Dexter getting off because the slides were obtained illegally. But then again maybe I watch too much law and order.

also, lundy took deb to his house to make her dinner, but layed a big smacker on her so MAYBE, she could talk lundy down from dexter.

No way! Lundy is majorly on to Dexter, and has been for a while. Lundy is totally using Deb to get under Dexter's skin. It seems like a continuing thread in Deb's relationships. First Dexter's brother, then an obsessed cop.

ok, so I've caught up on Dexter, and I'm in the exact predicament that I was in before. Now I'm hanging on till the next episode instead of watching them all at once.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ha Dexter what a great bloody show....

I think Dokes is going to eventually be framed by Dexter. Dokes has the slides, whats to say they aren't actually his? Dexter a forensic scientist he wouldn't of left any prints.

People are worried about Dokes because of how easily he has been killing lately, he has an obssesive nature and unhealthy relationship towards Dexter so when Dokes says the slides are Dexters everyone will just be like "not more of this just leave Dexter alone".

Im sure this is the hidden direction the shows writers are heading towards.

But who knows lol? Great writing!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argos
Ha Dexter what a great bloody show....

I think Dokes is going to eventually be framed by Dexter. Dokes has the slides, whats to say they aren't actually his? Dexter a forensic scientist he wouldn't of left any prints.

Good call!! I can totally see Doakes getting framed by Dexter. However Dexter does leave prints on the slides. I've gone through past episodes and he handles them without gloves and puts them away right afterwards.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
*spoilers for newest episode below*

well, it does look like dexter is gonna frame dokes. either that, or kill him.
those are the only 2 options at this point.
remember, he followed dexter to the dudes house and had the pistol on him on the dock....i can't remember how he got the drop on dokes(gonna watch again in a minute), he did and dokes is now in a cage in that dudes house, in the glades..

last week they made it appear as if dexter was arrested as he walked in cause the suits were with him and it looked like he was cuffed, but he was not....they wanted dexter to analyze the slides.
that let dexter clean all his prints off the box, glass, etc.
there are only 3 shows left in this season so each episode hopefully will give us some of the goods.
dokes is the prime suspect according to lundy right now so we'll see.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
it's not available on demand i guess till the next one airs but i have been thinking about it a bit more.

*spoilers below*

a few episodes ago they showed dexter cleaning his boat off after matsuka told him about the algae...still waiting for that litte scene to come to fruitation.
he gave the entire boat a rubdown and when he was done, we were shown the camera pointing towards the dock...

so dexter is ON TAPE cleaning his boat off, using a UV light and all that.
now, he has since moved his boat to a different marina so they might not even look at that footage, especially since it all points to dokes.

the more i think about it, the more i think dexter is gonna make a big frame up for dokes. the only 2 ways to get rid of him would be to kill him or put him in prison....
he's got dokes locked in a cage so it is gonna appear to everyone at the station that he is running/hiding.
if he kills dokes, is he breaking harry's code? i mean, the code is to only kill bad people(killers)....does dokes fit that? i mean technically he is a 'good' guy but has killed many people.

i think a good frame up would be for dexter to kill lila and leave trace evidence like dokes hair(he is bald so i am talking body hair) or something else....there is always a transfer.

dexter has only broken harry's code a couple times but not when it comes to the kiling. only the stalk and maybe rushing things by leaving the guy that killed his mother there before cleaning up.

another thing i have been thinking about is dexter now has a pretty good joint to take people and kill em.
the friggin place where dokes is.

it's down in the glades, away from everything...he could kill and chop and just drop parts in the water on the way back.....

what i do know is the writing for this show is fantastic.
can't wait till the next episode and this saturday i am going to buy the two books that this show is based on.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm not sure whether or not Doakes will die. I don't think Dexter will break Harry's code. But I do think he will bend the rules to allow for certain things to happen. He might allow Doakes to die, but not necessarily by his hand. And only if it didn't screw up the plan to frame Doakes himself.

Lila has to go. Doakes has to go. He's inches away from being caught and he's getting thrown curve-balls left and right. He works best with time to plan.

It's a very tricky situation going on here. I wonder how Dexter gets out of this one.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I'm not sure whether or not Doakes will die. I don't think Dexter will break Harry's code.

Lila has to go. Doakes has to go. He's inches away from being caught and he's getting thrown curve-balls left and right. He works best with time to plan.

It's a very tricky situation going on here. I wonder how Dexter gets out of this one.

i used to think he would never break harry's code but he has already. not via the kill but the stalk...has done so a couple of times....also, we must remember that he is a serial killer so as per the 'profile', he's gonna escalate and/or make it murderers AND say, drug trafficers...something like that to justify in his head why he is killing that person.

i agree that lila has to go but killing her would be breaking the code....don't mean he won't do it.

i want to see him fight...dokes confronted him with all his ackolades and mentioned that dexter took advanced jui jitsu...i want to see some of that.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I disagree. I think that Lila totally fits the profile of one of Dexter's hunts, except that she's one of his known acquaintances. She's a pyro, and she's killed because of it, and may likely kill again. If Dex can get it pinned on someone else then she would totally be worth the hit.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
a few episodes ago they showed dexter cleaning his boat off after matsuka told him about the algae...still waiting for that litte scene to come to fruitation.
he gave the entire boat a rubdown and when he was done, we were shown the camera pointing towards the dock...

so dexter is ON TAPE cleaning his boat off, using a UV light and all that.

He wiped the footage from the station. He set off the fire alarm just in time to delete (although I'm not sure how) the part where he is seen cleaning his boat.

The episode is #6 "Dex, Lies and Videotape"

Incase you missed it or need a quick catch up, you can stream the episode here if you like - Click!

Although you will need DivX and a good connection.

I just finished catching up on series 2 via streaming a couple of days ago (6 episodes in one sitting, god I'm sad
) and cant wait till episode 10.

I'm impressed by the correct prediction by Argos

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I don't watch TV at home at all, but I do hit up the On Demand for some Dexter every week when I'm at my ma's. The show is amazing! I'm all about acts of violence to protect innocence. I wish I had the same capabilities and resources as Dexter.

Yeah, I'm a creep with no conscience.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros

He wiped the footage from the station. He set off the fire alarm just in time to delete (although I'm not sure how) the part where he is seen cleaning his boat.

The episode is #6 "Dex, Lies and Videotape"

i'm gonna have to go back and see cause i don't remember that. i remember him knocking out the a/c so the bodies would decomp but i could have swore that the last scene of that episode was dexter cleaning his boat and then we get kind of a wide angle shot and you see the camera moving around.
i was under the impression that he did not even know it was there.

thanks for that link too.

i am so amped up for next week....is he gonna kill dokes or what?
remember, NOBODY knows where dokes is except for dexter. dokes took the sim card out of his phone so laguardia couldn't follow..

i would kind of like to see dexter use this place as like his killing lair. he could chop the bodies and dump em right into the water....in the everglades, parts will get eaten....

i'm gonna go check out that episode...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join