It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dexter appreciation thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
i know major is a fan..who else?

aside from house and bones, this is my other favorite show.
this is probably my favorite with house creeping up at number 2.

anyway, this season is really kicking into gear. i find myself on the edge waiting till the next weeks show...

this last episode was great...

before we get to that, who are your favorite characters on the show, besides dexter of course?
i like dokes(the yoked up black guy that is always pissed and cussing...he is my favorite character) and i also like matsuka(the japanese forensics guy that is always talking about sex)...

so this past episode dexter finally gets back on stokes...dokes has been following him cause he knows something is up..
anyway, the scene where they were talking in dexters lab and dexter said "i own you" then put his hands in his pockets and friggin head butted him....i was literally LOL'ing.....he walked out without a care in the world and dokes ran out and started beating on him and dexter curled up and acted scared...

bwuahahahahha dokes=out of the way

only problem is, dokes is an ex merc so he has connections. he is probably gonna be on dexter worse now than ever before.

also, what do you think of lila? dexters 'sponsor'

she is clearly a sociopath...she burned her house down and dexter rushed to hre at the end and they hugged and she had this devious look on her face.

do you think that now she is going to move in with dexter?

-------
i think dexter is going to slip up...he mailed in that manifesto and he has lila in his life now....he is breaking harry's code you know..
maybe he will slip up and tell lila what he really is....

my prediction is though that his sister will be the one to find out that he is the bay harbor butcher.....
i hope this show lasts a long time...it does a great job of giving you the goods on every episode...you do get left hanging a but, but the episode is always concluded when it is done...just leaves you wondering about next week cause for some reason, we don't get previews....

also, i think the glass slides of blood in his ac unit are going to take him down some way...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
oh yeah major, since you're a dexter fan like me, i reco that you get the books. i am going to order them on saturday.

they are called 'darkley dreaming dexter' and the other is 'dearly devoted dexter'

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
i was interested because i thought you meant "Dexter's Lab". I have no clue what you're talking about though. =)

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm very much a Dexter fan!

A serial killer who kills only "bad guys" was also suggested in a short story written a long time ago called "For All the Rude People." Sorry that I forgot the author, but I believe that it appeared in Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine.

But Dexter has to rank as "my favorite serial killer", just as the ads say!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a tv show about a blood spatter expert that is a serial killer. he only kills murderers though. that is the premise of the show.

he was found at 4 years old in a container that he was locked in for a couple days. when they got to him, they saw that he was in there in inches of blood from his dead mother, in the dark.
he watched her murdered.

the cop that found him adopted him and tought him a 'code'...
he knew the kid was a 'monster' so he tried to keep is at by by letting him kill animals and organizing hunts....he is th one that told him how to stalk a person, how to make it clean and to only kill murderers..

dexter just found out though that the cop that adopted him, knew his mother. she was an informant for him and he was having sex with her...she was killed because of him.

that is where the show is at now....

who is you favorite characters??

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

haha, that's what I thought too. that cartoon was awesome.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buglerman
I'm very much a Dexter fan!

A serial killer who kills only "bad guys" was also suggested in a short story written a long time ago called "For All the Rude People." Sorry that I forgot the author, but I believe that it appeared in Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine.

But Dexter has to rank as "my favorite serial killer", just as the ads say!

P.S. The author of "For All the Rude People" was the late Jack Ritchie, pseudonym of John George Reitci. Of course, Dexter may not have been inspired by this story at all. It just came to mind as I was watching it.

Other than Dexter, my favorite character would be the foster father (James Remar), who was a cop. Police have to deal with sociopaths virtually every day on the job. And since psychiatrists/psychologists are unable to treat sociopaths, who better than a policeman to help channel a young sociopath in the "right" direction? (Only it's not "right." Exactly.)

Anyway, I think it's a great show with a great, but rather offbeat, premise.
(Which is generally the sort of premise I like anyway.)

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I never miss an episode. The show is really great but not entirely accurate. Dexter does so many things that are not the way a true serial killer operates. I can't go into detail because, well, I can't but it's a decent representation of what goes on in my, I mean the head of a serial killer.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Well, i hope he blows his own brains out at the end of the season.

Right, since he kills bad guys.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The show Dexter was based on a book. Im not sure the name of the book, it may have been the one mentioned a few posts up. But I love the show..catch it every sunday and then once or twice during the week to keep me on my toes for the next episode lol.

i personally like Doaks too...but i cant wait for him to get dextered. I also think Dex's new girlfriend from NA is going to get it. He knows damn well she set that fire in her apartment. And I dont see him killing his sister.. Then again after a heart to heart talk about their parents and ice truck killer they might come to terms..i dont know..thats whats great about it, i can go on for days about what i think is going to happen and never know whats going to really happen until it happens..

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Dude, I love Dexter's Laboratory. Actually, most of the cartoons by McCracken are pretty good, but Dexter's has a unique appeal about it in that it spoofs a lot of other cartoons.

My favorite was probably the Soap Box Car Race episode, where it was done entirely in the style of Speed Racer. Watching them talk like poorly dubbed anime characters and redundantly speaking their thoughts after every sentence... that was comedic gold.

Glad someone else here likes it.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
he might wind up killing the girlfriend. she did murder someone and got away with it so she fits the bill. However, she is hot as hell and blows that lame other girlfriend out of the water.

The original book was called Darkly Dreaming Dexter I think. There's three Dexter books out, one that came out to coincide with the new season.

I can't stand Dokes. For starters, he's not much of an actor. All he does is stare two ways. Intense and really intense.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

The original book was called Darkly Dreaming Dexter I think. There's three Dexter books out, one that came out to coincide with the new season.

2nd post of mine yo's

they are called 'darkley dreaming dexter' and the other is 'dearly devoted dexter'

edit*

it is based off the first book and takes small plots from the 2nd.

my prediction is that he is going to escalate and start to trip up...kill people that are not just murderers....thats the natural progression.

plus, finding out about his mother and harry, he's pretty bent about that..

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm a huge Dexter fan. Great story line which is very well written, and acted. I've been a fan from the very first episode where he takes care of that child killer in the first couple of minutes.
I dig Lila, has that Goth thing going on, and kind of phreaky. Mmmmmmm, Lila..
Dokes is cool, hell I like them all. I think the week link is Dexters sister, but she's still strong.
Last season, the Ice Truck Killer was a good character.
Good stuff.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

there's three books out.

darkly dreaming dexter
dearly devoted dexter
dexter in the dark.

just clarifying it since someone asked

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Oh Boy! Dexter! Evil and hot. I wish I had me a Dexter I could sic on my ex ...
Too bad serial killers don't really have ethics of any kind, eh?

BD, the books are fantastic! They're actually even BETTER than the show if you can believe it. What happens to Doakes in the second one ... hahahahahaha! Oh, it's fantastic.

Lila is big trouble. I have a friend in recovery, and one of the major rules is that you do not have a female sponsor of a male member. Why? Well, the show is showing why. I hope Dexter gets control of himself again before something terrible happens. I liked it when he was mild-mannered forensics guy by day and "Dark Defender" by night. Now he is reminding me too much of some junkies I used to know, all about what they can get, and how, and damn the consequences and the fallout for other people.

I bet he ends up killing Lila in the end because she threatens to turn him in or something. That's my take on it. With only four more episodes to go for the season, it'll be interesting to see how they choose to leave us hanging.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
reply to post by an0maly33

haha, that's what I thought too. that cartoon was awesome.

I was telling a friend about dexter, and he started talking about cartoon network.

Iv'e only seen the first series over here and had it sussed by the end.

Still waiting for the second series, so don't want the spoilers!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Wait, are we not talking about Dexter's Laboratory?

(goes back and reads thread:

Crazy? Check.
Disturbed? Check.
Fights bad guys? Check.
Serial killer? Check.

Sounds like the same guy to me, but it sure sounds like y'all are talking about a different Dexter.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
i am going back and watching the past episodes from this season now...

i don't like lila and i can see him killing her cause she over steps her bounds or something...

i know there are three books but the show is based off the first with borrowed plots from the second.

i'm definately going to order them..

don't forget the boss lady...she is pretty devious herself....screwing her bosses boyfriend to get her job back..

noice

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Dex is a compelling show...

There is much depth in the execution of this show...(no pun intended...)

Anyone dismissing Dex as an exercise in depravity is mistaken...

The show,...IMO is an exercise in human experience...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join