It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilots demand the US government reopens investigation into UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
A group of pilots demand government research in UFOs is reopened.

UFOs are no Joke, Group says

Several pilots offered dramatic accounts of witnessing UFOs -- including a transparent flying disc and a triangular craft with mysterious markings -- as they insisted their questions needed to be taken seriously more than 30 years after the US file was closed.

"We want the US government to stop perpetuating the myth that all UFOs can be explained away in down-to-earth, conventional terms," said Fife Symington, former governor of Arizona and air force pilot who says he saw a UFO in 1997.

Are these pilots deluded and/or lying or did they really see something? Are they mistaken? Did they only see Chinese lanterns and the planet Venus despite years of flying experience? What do you think?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well, that's interesting/coincidental:

I just posted a response to JohnLear about this very subject in the CNN News Conference thread.

You may want to read it here...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Well, that's interesting/coincidental:

I looked for a thread pertaining to this and didn't find one. I do think this subject merits a thread of its own.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by rizla]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
No problem, Riz - I wasn't suggesting your thread didn't have merit...

It was just that I was posting a response about the topic of your thread elsewhere and thought you and/or your readers may find it of interest, is all..

Good luck - and keep posting!

[edit on 11/13/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yea this is part of that press conference, its not just pilots per-se but other military officials too.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Here's a Reuters link: www.reuters.com...

It amazes me how experienced pilot's accounts can be discounted so trivially by people who have never flown a plane.

Here's a link to one such account (with video) that several posters wrote off as Chinese lanterns...

Here's the original story and video (in visible light AND thermal):
www.bbc.co.uk...

and my original thread where it was magically transformed into a lantern....
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jainatorres
Yea this is part of that press conference, its not just pilots per-se but other military officials too.

Okay, I didn't realize that. Thanks. Still, please check out that vid I posted above. I try not to let it annoy me when extremely good video evidence filmed in visible and infra-red light from a police helicopter by a pilot with 20 yrs experience is written off so offhandedly. I try not to let it annoy me, but it's hard...

On a related topic, I remember when it was rumored that a game called HL2 had been leaked. A number of so-called screenshots appeared on the net, and all were 'cleverly' debunked. The interesting thing was, the game had been leaked, and one of the screenshots was real. It got debunked just like the rest. I believe the same thing is happening with strong UFO evidence.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I cant check it out as Im at work, but is that the video of the light over Southern California/city of a fast moving bogey? People would come up with all sorts of weird excuses like it was a 'battle flare shot out of a helicopter' yea utterly ridiculous..it sure did'nt move like a flare. Not sure if its the same vid we're discussing..but the chinese lantirn enthusiasts never get bored do they?

Originally posted by rizla

Okay, I didn't realize that. Thanks. Still, please check out that vid I posted above. I try not to let it annoy me when extremely good video evidence filmed in visible and infra-red light from a police helicopter by a pilot with 20 yrs experience is written off so offhandedly. I try not to let it annoy me, but it's hard...

On a related topic, I remember when it was rumored that a game called HL2 had been leaked. A number of so-called screenshots appeared on the net, and all were 'cleverly' debunked. The interesting thing was, the game had been leaked, and one of the screenshots was real. It got debunked just like the rest. I believe the same thing is happening with strong UFO evidence.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
No problem, Riz - I wasn't suggesting your thread didn't have merit...
[edit on 11/13/2007 by Outrageo]

NP. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I cant check it out as Im at work, but is that the video of the light over Southern California/city of a fast moving bogey? People would come up with all sorts of weird excuses like it was a 'battle flare shot out of a helicopter' yea utterly ridiculous..it sure did'nt move like a flare. Not sure if its the same vid we're discussing..but the chinese lantirn enthusiasts never get bored do they?

No, this one was taken over southern england from a police helicopter. It's not a light, its vertical cylinder. The video is very clear.

I could see the argument its a Chinese lantern might be arguable if the source of the video was unknown or questionable, but from a police pilot with 20 yrs experience? Ridiculous. Yes, the Chinese lantern enthusiasts are as bad as the tin-foil hat and reptilian brigade in their own way.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
wow

Is it just me or is anybody else getting real anxiety about this? I get the major feeling that any day now the UFOS or whatever they may be will land everywhere or perhaps reveal themselves. Before the end of this year, I guarantee that they will. According to my strong intuition.. I don't know you guys why would the main media cover this? This is strange and sudden! Could it possible be a false staged event that could happen? And why all this on a Holiday? I am excited and freaked out about this at the same time. They day that all of the ufo researchers have waited for is finally here. This may not be an overnight deal but I will say this.
There will be extraterrestrials that will arrive on this planet very soon. But the first step is showing themselves in these craft. A Large craft will appear before a lot of people and this will be the day that people will reconsider the existence of UFOs.

Buckle your seat belts everyone, the ride is just beginning!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This has been in the newspaper and on online news websites in Australia. Was just reading about this in todays paper. Heres the article online: www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

top topics

join