It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this was true, how?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Hi mates,
I think the movie could be easly hoaxed, but not sure.But that was not the primal issue here.
If that kind of event was indeed a true one, what kind of paranormal event can explain it?
I have red about many paranormal events like this one, and i can't find a good paranormal explanation for this. What can make a mirror reflection to act in a not expected way?

www.dailymotion.com...

Please give me your thoughts about this particular kind of phenomena.
Have any one of you anytime experienced this?
Quite intereresting indeed.

P.S.Please could anyone that understends Japanese tell us a summary of what the men is saying in the link?

[edit on 13-11-2007 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
WOW, Thats just creepy!

Makes you think, is there really someone on the other side?

edit: IMO, This must be fake... If I was ever looking in a mirror and it seemed to even lag for a second, I would probably have a heart attack.

Hmm.... How often do people have heart attacks while looking in a mirror?

[edit on 11/13/2007 by Bumr055]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have seen this video before on another site... can't remember which one. I think it was determined that there was a projector in the back of the room aiming at that mirror. Someone said that they could see it in the video but I must have missed it.

If this were real, I can't think of anything that could explain it though.

If it happened to me, I would be looking for an explanation for the yellow stain on my chair.

I think I see it. There is a small, round and shiny object in reflection in the non haunted mirrors. Could easily be a lens from a projector.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by adamneldon]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
sorry, but this video has been put on the paranormal threads so many times, this has got to be the ninth time

heres some of the threads
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread266812/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/single/3176595.html

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Maybe i must explain better...:
I am not trying to discuss if the movie is true or not! That link is just a Theme exemple.

I am asking 2 diferent things:

- IF this is possible, what kind of paranormal theory could explain it!

- IF there are here any one that have experienced this kind of phenomena any time?

There are tons of similar cases in books and other kind of show programs.
Im trying to discuss the possibility of this, not the link!

My interest in this is because when i was 13Yo, i experienced something similar. When i was loking in the Bathroom mirror, my reflex had smiled to me. Im just trying to get more information o this subject.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Bah! It's twins!
One seated next to the other on a bench. (Notice the camera didn't pan to the left but stayed perfectly stationary. Hmm...)
The right twin is the one you see, the left twin is the one reflected in the far right mirror and is facing forward while the other has turned.
Good trick, though!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

You're saying that your reflection in the mirror did something different than what you were doing??? That is one of the freakiest things I've EVER heard!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ok I'll bite.
If this happened to me I would get rid of every mirror in the house and would stay away from any mirror out there! And to explain it would be like explaining the universe. Maybe a light from a far galaxy that finally made it to earth after 10 light years away that showed me " the same me" in the past. A reincarnation sort of thing I guess. But after seeing that for real in life I would go and change my underwear and move.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

Yes, that's exactly what it happened many years ago.
I was trying to avoid to personalize my case, but any way:

When i was 13yo i and a friend red on a book that if we look like a statue (not moving at all) some minuts to a mirror, we will evenctualy start to see hugly scaring faces and after that our faces in past lives. Well as kids we think that was cool, and we do that for some weeks, with great results, we usualy see many weird faces. But after some times we loose the interest and we stop to do it. about 3 months after that, when i was to go to bed, i was in my bathroom squeezing a pimple in my face, and for a second i fell a weird felling and a surge of electricity runing all my hairs, and my face reflex smile to me with a "nauty" eyes. That scare me a lot. and i avoided for some years to look too many time for mirrors.
Since then i try to find a explanation. Not a tradicional logic one, because that ones i am tired to listen from MD's and phiscologists, but trying to obtain a paranormal explanation.
Can this be done by Ghosts?By poltergeists?By any kind of spirits/demons?

I remember my grand mother always saying to me when i was very very yung (5 to 8yo) "Sweety, do not look too much on the mirror, or you will see the Devil"!!
Can my grand mother advise have something of true or it is just a urban myth?
That was the reason why i have interest in know something about the subject. I tryed many books but never find one that talked about this especific problem, althou i had red many times on several paranormal books, things similar to this had happened to many people.
Sorry for my bad english

[edit on 13/11/07 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
thats creepy. However anytime something like this is in a video or a picture, im 99% skeptical because of technology

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Sorry for my flippant answer earlier, Umbra Sideralis, but I do think that the video was a complete hoax. I didn't realize that you actually experienced anything like that and it undoubtedly caused you considerable distress. My apologies for appearing to make light of your situation.

What I think that you encountered is not the product of ghosts, poltergeists, demons, etc. It was the product of your mind.

By this I do not mean that you imagined what had happened or that you are insane. But I do think that when you were staring into the mirror and seeing all sorts of things that you triggered something inside your mind that may have caused you difficulties. Strange as it may sound to you, I think that this is best explained in the context of Eastern religion.

I used to be interested in Eastern religions. Fortunately, I only got involved enough to know to stay far away without proper supervision and guidance. You can literally tap into things that you shouldn't and you could cause yourself lasting harm because you're essentially dealing with very deep inner workings of the mind.

In the religions of the East, concentration is considered the key to heightened mental states. This type of concentration is called "Samadhi." I think that you may have inadvertently entered a type of "samadhi" which might cause your consciousness to register these images under certain circumstances. You said that you were initially focussing on your image in the mirror for some minutes repeatedly over a period of several weeks, and this is why I believe that you had achieved this somewhat rare mental experience of samadhi. You said that you were also, some time later, looking in the mirror trying to remove a pimple, which means that you were concentrating to some degree. You had apparently re-entered a type of samadhi, and this might explain why you saw that aberrant reflection. But you should understand that what you saw was only the product of your mind, not some outside malevolent force.

What to do about it? If this has only occurred once, then I wouldn't worry about it. But do not under any circumstances try to repeat what you did initially. You are fortunate in that you only experienced a few scares because entering samadhi under improper conditions can cause great harm to your mind. Even if you do experience this regularly, which you didn't indicate, then you still shouldn't worry about it. You are just one of the very few people who can enter the state of samadhi rather easily. Such things as that can't really hurt you, but your distraught mental state resulting from them might cause you to hurt yourself.

So, to sum up, I think what you experienced was little more than a meditative or maybe a hypnotic state.

[

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Buglerman]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Buglerman

Thank you very much friend, that was a great possible explanation to my experience indeed.
Yes i never had more of this events with mirrors, and my other friend that used to play with me at the look at the mirror thing, never had weird experiences at all. Exelent answer mate, thx

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbra Sideralis
Thank you very much friend, that was a great possible explanation to my experience indeed.
Yes i never had more of this events with mirrors, and my other friend that used to play with me at the look at the mirror thing, never had weird experiences at all. Exelent answer mate, thx

Yes. It is a possible answer.

But it's VITAL that you keep your mind open, Umbra sideralis.

By that I mean simply that: do not "close" it by means of ANY theory.
(If you find out what it was, it won't be by means of your rational mind.)

And BTW, I am not from the "Lusitania lands", but my g-grand- mother also knew that saying about mirrors...

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Sure dear friend, I will be always receptive to any kind of explanations my mind could understend.
The theory presented by our member friend makes logic to me.But i do not have closed the case in my mind!

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
It certainly can be edited. If you look at the end of the video, where they do a closeup of the reflection, you will see that it moves and doesn't synchronize with the camera's shaky movement, even though the girl's head isn't moving around.

What they did is record the girl turning and looking at her reflection in the mirror. What they did after that is select a certain part of the frame of video (the right side, where the 3rd mirror is reflecting) and freeze that single area, so it looked like it didn't change.

It's like having a freeze frame on a single part of a movie screen, when the rest of the movie still continues to play normally.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Thx for your input about the video mate, but if you read better, it is not the real subject

That video is just a "Theme" i putt here to ilustrate the kind of phenomena i am talking about.
My wish to know what the japanese guy is talking is just plain curiusity nothing more

The big questions for debate is :

- If this is possible in any way, what are the possible paranormal explanations?

- There are here some one that have any time experienced something similar?

Untill now we have a very good theory posted by Buglerman

top topics

join