It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

blue spirity thingy on news site

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Worldwatcher... I'd be happy to snap a few pics and post them here for you. But I doubt I could duplicate the scene as the camera is mounted on the roof of the station and I ain't getting up there (Doubt they'd let me, liability and all and I hate heights). I just hope I don't get arrested as a potential terrorist for "casing" the gas station out.

Give me a few days, I need to borrow my sister's digital camera. My cell phone takes real crappy pics and I want to be able to zoom in to show you guys the protective covering over the camera that was likely attracting the piece of plastic bag. I will also get a bag and photograph it so you can see that the colors match. Heck, if I get real creative I may even replicate the whole thing with a piece of acylic and a piece of the bag - it would be simple.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
worldwatcher's quote

Hey Kozmo, why don't you take a camera down to the gas station and show us some shots of the bag, the scene, etc.

I would like to see how that could be a blue tag off a bag theory too...
I thought I heard the owner state that the gas station/store was built on an Indian Burial Ground. It would be a real asset to the ATS, if you would interview the owner Kozmo. And show us some photo's how this was accomplished?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I didn't find it at YouTube. Will someone put it up there, please, so I can copy it to my MySpace. Tx

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
*snip*

Mod Edit -
Please Do Not Evade The Automatic Censors

No More Scoffing And Ridicule

[edit on 11/14/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here you go guys.

And if the thing is 'right on the windshield' of the white car, why doesn't the driver of the car seem to notice it? About 13 seconds in, he walks right by it into the store...

[edit on 14-11-2007 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Unreal..simply unreal. I cannot grasp the train of thought that would possess someone to believe that this could possibly be a plastic bag. Words fail the rational mind..You cannot duplicate that with a bag under any circumstances. The owner saw the thing with his EYES and watched it and was glad it went away. HOW could a plastic bag turn into what we see and then fly around, hover, go away and then come back and all with NO apparent wind blowing? There was NO indication of any high winds around the station, and even if there was, how in the world could a bag act like what we see?

Why is it si hard for some people to accept the reality of phenomenon? Looking at this a few times, it is CLEAR to me that this is some kind of REAL and ENERGETIC entity or phenomenon, and NOT a bug or bag or camera lens nonsense. The only people that need to get a grip are those that can see things that are NOT there or attribute what they are seeing to some source that has NO relation to reality.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
They must have the mental capacity of a gnat to think that this -- whatever it is is a plastic bag.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
Unreal..simply unreal. I cannot grasp the train of thought that would possess someone to believe that this could possibly be a plastic bag. Words fail the rational mind..You cannot duplicate that with a bag under any circumstances. The owner saw the thing with his EYES and watched it and was glad it went away. HOW could a plastic bag turn into what we see and then fly around, hover, go away and then come back and all with NO apparent wind blowing? There was NO indication of any high winds around the station, and even if there was, how in the world could a bag act like what we see?

I agree with you on this one, it certainly isn't a plastic bag. I can't see how a bag could possibly have acted this way.

Why is it si hard for some people to accept the reality of phenomenon? Looking at this a few times, it is CLEAR to me that this is some kind of REAL and ENERGETIC entity or phenomenon, and NOT a bug or bag or camera lens nonsense.

I accept the reality that there is a bug on the lens and because (as stated by other members previously) security cameras' focus is set to infinity anything directly on the lens will be grossly out of focus. It is a real entity, it's a bug! I just don't understand how you can see the way it moves about and deny that it is some sort of insect. It boggles my mind how you can think that it's nonsense to assume that something out of focus that moves exactly like an insect, is just that.

The only people that need to get a grip are those that can see things that are NOT there or attribute what they are seeing to some source that has NO relation to reality.

You really are a funny one. I completely agree with this statement, perhaps you should read it again and think about what you were saying regarding blue ghosts at a gas station.

I think your dealer sold you some bad acid or something...

[edit on 14-11-2007 by DirtyPete]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is the BETTER more INFORMATIVE video of THE BLUE THING as reported by Cleveland's Fox News Channel 19:

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Reply to EVERYONE...

Have you ever had your groceries bagged in those plastic bags with the handles on them? Ever notice how they have a tendency to generate enough static to stick to other plastic items in the bag, the plastic trim inside of your car - or any of that?

Has anyone ever taken a look at security cameras that are mounted outside? Ever notice the protective weather-proof case with the clear acrylic cover over the lense to protect it from things caught in the wind?

Anyone capable of adding two plus two?

The gas station in question is one that I frequent. I buy beer, chips, gas etc... from there at least twice a week and have for about 7 years. They use blue plastic bags to bag your items. Now, let's be logical here. Blue grocery bags generate static and STICK to other plastic. The camera has an acrylic lense cover (Plastic - in case you don't know what acrylic is). This particular part of Cleveland is high in elevation and is breezy - not typically windy - but breezy. The camera is mounted about 5 feet away, to the left, from the doorway on the roof of the station. Can anyone draw the logical conclusion that a piece of the BLUE BAG that the station bags it's items in, blew up and stuck to the acrylic, was gently blown around the protective acrylic cover until the wind was strong enough to blow it away??? Anyone????

Did anyone notice that nobody entering or exiting the station seemed to notice anything amiss? The camera is NOT shooting in IR, night-vision, UV or any other special spectrum not visible to the naked eye so the "ghost" would have been/should have been visible to the naked eye. Why did it remain the same size the whole time? Was it because it never changed it's distance from the lense - because it was stuck by static electricity to the lense cover, maybe?

Come on folks - a little common sense here goes a loooooooooooooooooong way.

I'm going to go take some pics of the location and show you the camera, the bags they use etc... I am even going to get a piece of acrylic and show you how these bags stick right to it. Now, I'm not going to interview anyone - especially a gas station owner out to sensationalize some nonsense for free press - sorry
But I think that the photos should demonstrate, EMPIRICALLY, what occurred there. I will borrow my sisters digital camera this weekend and get it done!

Edit: to add... news is entertainment anymore. Just becuase something makes it on the news doesn't mean anything. In fact, I'm willing to bet that they used this as their treaser clip for days just to get people to tune it to see what it was. Anyone ever hear of a thing called SWEEPS WEEK??? It's the one week where all of the news stations try to outsensationalize each other for ratings. Why? So that they can charge premium advertising rates for the following year based on their ratings. How do I know? I'm in the media - advertising to be exact - and November is sweeps. Logic folks - pure logic.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by kozmo]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Ya think?

As you know, you can lead the hoards to knowledge, but you can't make 'em think...

Thanks for your efforts on this "mystery."

Looking forward to the "report."

I'm convinced!

Starred!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
By the way it moves, and since it only moves over the camera lens, thats definitely a bug. There's no other explanation.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Anyone, even with the most basic knowledge in the field of photography knows that we can see everything a camera can see, especially a security camera used at a gas station.
That being said, whatever the blue thing was, the person fueling his car SHOULD have seen it, therefore, the blue thing must have been a physical object. Is it a bag? Not unless bags are blurry and float in the air motionless for 30 minutes. Could it be a bug? Seeing how it was stationary for half an hour, very well could have been.

Is it a forgery? Probably. Why? The object moves too smooth for a low-frame-rate security camera, suggesting the thing was animated. (I know, I animate and make films for a living, and something like this is easily created)

If it is a fake, then it’s a pretty poorly made one. If it’s real, then quite frankly it has to be a physical object and I have no idea what else it could be besides a bug on the lens.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by TurnPike]

[edit on 14-11-2007 by TurnPike]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by ZeroGhost

If the thing stayed on the lens, then I would expect it to stay out of focus the whole time (which it did). The focus on security cameras are set to infinity and will NOT automatically adjust to something on the lens.

I actually read your post about that, but saw some things that I discounted it. Now, looking again at this video of a video of a video I noticed that the way it got on line was that someone videoed the playing video on their screen. I saw the object/thing go behind something at the bottom, but now think it was the edge of the browser UI graphics frame on the hijacking recorders computer monitor.

It could be something on the lens, yes, but I cannot explain the color. Also if on the lens it would likely be so blurred it would disappear completely. I do photography, video and astronomy with optics. Depending on the lens configuration, with the focal set to infinity anything on the lens might not be seen.

We need better video really to do proper forensic. Not 3 generations.

ZG

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetfall
"It was an angel," a witness said. "There was an angel here."

people really are dullards... they'll believe anything wont they?

And why not?
After all, belief - or rather, Thought - isn't to be underestimated as a creative force.

For the record (and not that it matters, really), I don't think it is an angel myself, nor would that be an explanation that would EVER occur to me.

Having said that, I think it's rather wonderful that people entertain BEAUTIFUL thoughts instead of ugly or unpleasant ones.
Both are productive - it's the end result that differs...

And BTW, if Disneyland is your idea of Paradise (hey, I am not bashing it!
), it CAN be like that.

It can also be HELL, if that's what you'd rather conjure up.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
As an "alien" (as in non-American
) who gets most of her daily servings of Americana via CNN (and have been for many years), I'd just like to contribute an observation that might help keep things in perspective:

CNN is a news provider that I've learned to despise somewhat (although some of its programming and people are still top-notch) - which means that I certainly do not take everything they (or anyone) report to be the gospel truth.

But in all the years that I've been watching it, I've never seen them go after a wild canard chase - well, unless it was a really big and juicy one (in which case ratings prevail over self-respect).

So, before watching the video on CNN, I was pretty sure that they would have a "rational" explanation for the phenomenon.

It turns out they haven't.
And THAT's what makes it interesting.

Journalists get dozens, if not hundreds, of reports about such sightings every week. If they chose to go after this one, it must be because their state-of-the-art technology experts could not explain it away.

I think it is possible (please note the emphasis) that it's a very well made hoax; and if it is, then it's probably computer-generated (i.e. not physically, in situ, as it were).

On the other hand, I've seen "orbs" (golden, not blue), with my own eyes, at least twice in my life.
And I certainly know without a doubt that man's knowledge of the world is still very, very modest, to put it very, very mildly...

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Okay folks Listen up here's your answer
goosdawg & Evasius were just about on target.

This thing even made my local news on the West Coast, but they happened to show the video camera and it's mount, which clued me in instantly.

What we have here my friends is a ball of very fine blue separating threads on a string, in the wind, hanging in front of the camera lens blossoming. A sort of polymorphic tweening in real time distorted by a time shifting camera.

The video camera is mounted

on a dark blue canvas awning which

is begining to shred from age & wind

There was wind blowing around the awning in the newscast taping both the camera & the awning and you could see from its condition that there were loose threads which are behaving as if in a wind tunnel.

At the time of the video in question I suspect a few threads spreading apart and blowing very near the camera lens caused this effect. Those threads would look fuzzy or even blurry unless the camera was focused right on them, but the cameras focal point is set to capture objects further and wider.. Therfore anything within a few inches would have this effect. The object blossoms - the effect that makes very close small objects appear bigger and blurry when out of focus.

During the newscast I saw the wind was consistent with a few gusts. If the wind was similar in the video in question I think sometimes the wind captured the threadball & sometimes it was probably obstructed, from the flexible awning structure & changing wind velocity. The wind & the tension of the thread created an almost whip lash effect or kite blowing out of control in the wind. That coupled with the low frame rate created the effect which when played back is a sort of time distortion from our view in real time.

The object is a lighter blue than the awning which is what you would expect with less reflection or color cancellation by the background objects visible between the fibers. Threads versus canvas coupled with the blossoming which would tend to dilute the color further. Another words the out of focus lens is stretching the color out of the object like a balloon tends to lose color when blown up or stretched.

Maybe even a few strands of the threads have slid down & tied a knot ball that captures the wind like a dingle ball. Sometimes the tension is from gravity other times wind.

I can't believe this made national news, as soon as I saw the camera mount it was a "no brainer".

Just a shadow in the wind

I can't help but hear Bob Dylan singing "The answer my friend is blowing in the wind"

[edit on 15-11-2007 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
so i was thinking about..it reminds me of a fairy! awww

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

to be honest.... a ghost sounds more reasonable than that explanation

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
reply to post by verylowfrequency

to be honest.... a ghost sounds more reasonable than that explanation

Well, you can call it a ghost, because there is no known explanation of what a ghost is. Kinda like calling an unknown aircraft a ufo, but it's only a ufo to those that can't or refuse to attempt to explain it. All ufo's are a precise something to someone, but we as a group are too lazy or ignorant at the moment to identify them.

Another words calliing it a ghost is the lazy or ignorant answer. Ah, but it's an easy way to speak without having the burden of thinking.

I mean no disrespect to you personally, it's just my general observation of most of us including myself most of the time.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by verylowfrequency]

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join