It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

blue spirity thingy on news site

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Give you one better. Google ghost Impound lot. That was fly, literally.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
i found the thread anyway. That was weird too.
Back to this one. I still don't think anyone has explained why, when it is still, can we not see the shape of a bug?
I still can't decide what the hell this is. Part of me says bug, part says spirit, part says, those reporters were incredibly annoying.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Rofl....no buddy expects you to believe anything you don't. Bottom line.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
looks like mothman making a cameo appearance hahaha
haha wow i dont know it looks weird the way it moves honestly wow i dontknow..i dont see it being a bag or a bug either it looks way too big to be a bug anyway.

but yeah i would have gone outside to check it out.

i say MOTHMAN! actually i really don't know.

the one dude did say something about indian burial grounds so it could be a ghost. why are we still at this level in humanity in which ghosts or angels or something like that can't even be an option?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The story is on CNN now:

CNN

Looks like a piece of blue lint, probably from a toy, being moved around by air currents.

To those saying: "it definitely looks like a spirit", could you please point us to references on what spirits look like? Thank you.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Netstriker]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
"It was an angel," a witness said. "There was an angel here."

people really are dullards... they'll believe anything wont they?

its a moth, see its wings beating when it turns sharpley?

youtube.com...

everyone wants the unknown to be supernatural... life is not a disney movie, people.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I agree it's not a bag or a bug. It doesn't look like any orbs I've ever seen before. Very interesting to say the least.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
Bugs on lenses don't move behind objects in the field of view.

This blue entity flew underneath the gas station roof and then off into the wild blue yonder. If it was a bug on the lens it would still be in front of the gas station roof, not behind it.

It didn't fly under the canopy - it was the top of the monitor they were watching the footage on!!!

If it is an insect the distance effect could be caused by it jumping off the camera lens momentarily. Also, isn't it because the camera's focus is on the background that the foreground (the 'ghost')remains blurry? Not sure if that applies with digital cameras but surely it isn't going to be like 10 megapixels or whatever for a security cam!

[edit on 14/11/07 by sotp]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PalasheeaYou didn't understand what I meant when I said that gas station attendent was watching that blue cloud in 'real time' -- it means that he was watching that cloud on the security cam at the exact time when it was there and while it was happening.
I didn't think I would have to explain what that term meant but apparently I should have done that.

I did understand what you meant. No need to be snarky. My problem with jumping on the "Amazing!" bandwagon is this: Would it have been too much effort for the guy to look out the window at this thing that fascinated him so much that he stared at a monitor for a half hour?

PS... just looked at that page that that video is on and there's NO mention of WorldNetDaily on that page anywhere. Wierd that you said that... lol. You must be working overtime to debunk this video...

I noticed the story while scanning headlines at WorldNutDaily and then came here and found the thread. Decided to comment on it. Again, no need to be snarky.

Not working overtime to debunk this video. I wish it had been legit, believe me. Having watched it a few times, I just can't buy that that is anything other than a bug on the lens on the camera. Look how it moves. Bug.

Edited to add: the news anchors are so annoying.
Typical "We can't explain this, so let's ridicule it" attitude.

[edit on 11/14/07 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Found a couple crappy videos on youtube where the 'ghost' proved to be a bug.
Similar movements, distorted image, etc.
I'm starting to lean toward the insect explanaton.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yea it certainly does move exactly like a bug. I would imagine a bug would look incredibly out of focus like this if it were directly on the lens. I would still like to believe this is some kind of quantum interdimensional anomaly. What I would like to know is if there were actually firsthand witnesses or if the whole thing is based off of what the owner saw on surveillance. Also, I'd just like to add that i personally despise news anchors.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by comm12]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netstriker
The story is on CNN now:

CNN

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Netstriker]

Yes indeed it is on cnn now. I can assure the bug and bag people that CNN would not have taken the time to cover this story if it could be so easily explained away. do you see them surfing youtube for other ghost images they can put on their site? NO . It is there and it is news because after alot of consultation this can not be easily explained away.
Personally my gut instinct tells me this is not a spirit. However it is possible this is a first step in disclosure of ET life among us. Word has been that we are approaching the time when the government will be trying to break it to us gently that ET's are in fact real and among us. While the idea is outrageous to us atm because we expect some little gray dude. there have long been sightings of unexplained things caught on camera in the sky that are not usually visible to the naked eye. I don't hold any belief on what this is either way, it is just a feeling I have when I observe this that it is a life form and not a "ghost"

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I wonder if the security camera is behind plexiglass -- maybe at an angle -- and that could explain how the bug moves closer to and away from the lens? Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
yeah, i am beginning to think this was a bug. A way more interesting video is the thunder blitz one. Can't describe that as a bug

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It is possible for a camera to record images that are not visible to the naked human eye. It interprets the data differently. Compare what you can actually see to that of a pet that may only see black and white, black and red, can't see itself in a mirror, etc.

A bug may still appear out of focus, even when still, because it is too close to the lense.

We need FULL LENGTH of video to really have any sort of proper analyses. If anyone has access to or finds it, please post a link. Someone said they only live a few miles away from the station (jpm1602 i think.) This person is the ideal candidate to recover and post the entire video.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think this blue thing is much more impressive than that blizt thing.

And there's no way the blue thing is a bug or plastic bag. No way, IMHO.

I'm sorry, but I can't jump on the bandwagon with this one... it looks to me to be a paranormal phenomenon of some sort.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
I think this blue thing is much more impressive than that blizt thing.

And there's no way the blue thing is a bug or plastic bag. No way, IMHO.

I'm sorry, but I can't jump on the bandwagon with this one... it looks to me to be a paranormal phenomenon of some sort.

Don't know if that was directed at me or not, but i am not "jumping on the bandwagon". I have merely looked again and again and came to the conclusion that i thought was most likely, NOT the conclusion that i wanted to come to. Sure i would love for it to have been paranormal, but it really does look like its on the lens. When i posted this it was around 5.30am here and now it's about 12 hours later. In that time, i have watched it around 6 times. And i have to say, it's a bug.

The guy didnt even come out and look. Would you?
I know i would. And why didn't the guy walking across the lot see it too?

And why (which someone else mentioned) was the same blue effect seen on the leg of the woman presenter in the gizmondo vid.

Sorry Palashea, i know you would love to see evidence of the paranormal, but i don't think it's here. In fact, had i looked at it more, i wouldn't have even posted it.

The thunder blitz one on the other hand is pure fascination.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Then what does it look like to you? A bogeyman? Lol
-- only joking..

It was not directed at you at all and I said it because the consensus on this immediate page is that it's a bug or something... but not anything special.

I've analyzed a few frame shots of this one in an image editor and after doing that, I'm definitely leaning toward it being a paranormal phenomenon. This is only my opinion and nothing more.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

Originally posted by Palasheea

The guy didnt even come out and look. Would you?
I know i would. And why didn't the guy walking across the lot see it too?

And why (which someone else mentioned) was the same blue effect seen on the leg of the woman presenter in the gizmondo vid.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------
I would have looked outside, but that doesn't mean it was visible to the naked eye. "Lil Blue" seems to actually hide from the guy in the lot though.

The blue on the reporters leg is light reflected from car headlights. This is a perfect example of how the digital system has interpreted light. Bright light in particular. The blue on her leg is explainable and mundane, but car headlights did not create the other images.

I'm still on the fence with this one.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by jackinthebox]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I notice that blue light reflecting not only off the reporters leg but also that man who owns that white car too that parked it and ran into the store.

So this could mean that there's a blue light shining from somewhere there - which seems obvious and that it also caused that anomalous THING to appear blue too.

It seems like it's a combo effect that's digital.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join