It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

blue spirity thingy on news site

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
oh my! how can anyone compare the courthouse ghost/bug video to this video? Are you bug and bag people seeing the same thing I'm seeing?

it's not a plastic bag, I've never seen any sort of plastic that looks and behaves like that nor have I ever seen a blue bug that glows and can basically change shape and cover the windshield of a car

I'd love to hear expert analysis on this one...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Just found this link of a video showing a Cleveland News TV reporter reporting on this story and interviewing the people who work at that gas station and some customers.

Well, seeing the video below where they interview the gas station guy behind the counter at that gas station who watched that blue cloud in real time as it was there! Amazing!
gizmodo.com...

It does not not look like a plastic bag and at one point in the video, one can see something moving under it.. as it's pushing outward.. hard to explain. lol

[edit on 13-11-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The scariest thing in this case are the gas prices..

Whatever it is, it's probably right on the lens.

Here's three possibilities, and avenues of investigation to pursue, right off the top of my head:

1) How about one of those little bits of plastic that tear off of shopping bags?

What color of bags does the gas station use? For their customers or their trash cans?

2) A little bit of blue tissue from a cheerleader's pom-pom.

What's the local high-school team's colors?

3) A little scrap of fluffy blue marabou feather, like that sold by craft stores and used in feather boas.

Feather boas!!?

Is there a strip joint close by?

Seriously it's really cool looking, but it'll probably be a mundane explanation once again.

And in the meantime, the gas station owner's lapping up the attention, and the curious public's gas money!

[edit on 13-11-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Awesome find! Definitely appears as an orb. Though, a blue orb, one of the first time I've seen that color in an image. It doesn't move like a bag!
The blue orb color spectrum can be lighter- tranquility and calmness to darker - shyness and caution.
It does remind me of a Japanese Anime elemental spirit.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by dreamingawake]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I've watched this ten times now and I do not see how this can be a bag.. it changes shape but doesn't double the density as if a bad was folding on itself.

An orb? I don't see and orb per say but if you are trying to compare a "spirit" type thing to another "spirit type thing than I guess it would be in that class..

Bug? 30 minutes on the lens? a blue bug? is it sad?

While I agree many things have a mundane explanation, this is ummm.. well unexplained for now..

b

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I haven't seen too many insects in the last couple of weeks and I'm in the south of the USA.

Parma (an area of Cleveland) Ohio is near the Canadian border. Shouldn't it be fairly cold there? Insects at this time of year that far north, and an apparently bright blue one at that, shouldn't be too likely.

However I suppose it would be considered more likely than a ghost or an extraterrestrial.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by Frith]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Well, seeing the video below where they interview the gas station guy behind the counter at that gas station who watched that blue cloud in real time as it was there! Amazing!
gizmodo.com...

From that video, it sounds like he was watching the blue cloud on the video monitor, and not out the window.

As much as I want it to be something exciting, like a ghost or an angel, I have to agree with the Bug On The Lens theory. Bummer.

(WorldNetDaily is running this at the top of their home page, as an angel caught on camera. What does that tell you?
)

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The suspect was finally apprehended, and he only had two words for the press...

Anyway, after watching it more times than I care to recall, I've decided it's a white moth lit with blue light reflected on the glass it's crawling on.

Option 1: The blue Marathon sign is being reflected directly onto the security camera's glass cover and is then illuminating the moth with a blue hue. (Watch the video again & note the position of the Marathon sign - illuminated signs are usually double-sided for best advertising exposure).

Option 2: Though doubtful, there might be a tiny blue LED light within the camera shining on the moth.

The floating bag is not an option -- it doesn't appear to be windy, and the bag miraculously stays mostly within the security camera's frame (wind wouldn't be so cautious).

I can't really rule out the ghost option, but why did no one report seeing a blue blob floating around? Also 'all other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best' -- saying its paranormal is not a simple solution.

Also, did anyone even check to see if the store uses blue bags (or any other stores within the vicinity)?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Looks a little like how "Casper" flies around, and looks like it sort of has arms at one point, sort of "swimming" in air. At least that is how it looks.

It's odd, I don't exactly know. I've watched it a few times so far.

Troy

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It is not on the lense. At one point you can see that it moves AWAY from the camera and goes up under the canopy over the pumps. If it was on the lense, you would see it rise up above the "canopy line" interrupting line of sight.

Even if it was just a bag, someone would have taken notice in the lot. It doesn't appear to be windy enough either for such erratic movement.

The possible fact that it only appeared on camera leads me to suspect some sort of electrical phenomenon.

I wish the whole recording was available.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by jackinthebox]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
As is usual, i go to bed, thinking my thread died a lonely death, only to wake up and find my American friends have revived it

Thanks to all who replied. I have watched it again and i can see what some of you mean when you say it might be a bug. It does look like it's across the screen.

However, that might merely be an issue of perception, because i just can't see how it looks like a bug.

I'm not familiar with how security cameras work....ok, i know HOW they work, but what i mean is...is all this recording in normal frames? Or has it been speeded up?
If it's normal recording, then wouldn't we be able to see clearly that it's a bug?

And wasn't it daylight when this was recorded? I never see moths in the daytime. Never see moths anyway this time of year. Of course, Ohio could be different.

All i'm saying is for those who are saying it is a bug....could you explain the shape and why it is blue.
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Wow those news anchors take chipper to a whole new, and very disturbing, level. Yuck.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The footage is taken at night. (Note lights on under canopy.)

Footage is digital recording judging by camera display interface around the moving images.

Security cameras generally omit seconds per minute to allow for more storage of footage either on tape or in system memory, giving the "stop-frame" effect. (Every third second is common, if I remember correctly.)

A. deliberate hoax
B. abberation of surveillance system (hardware/software)
C. legitimate phenomenon not visible to naked eye (but not necessarily concious or otherwise "spooky.")

As to option C, keep in mind that Humans could not see the color blue thousands of years ago, and we still cannot see ultraviolet. Perhaps an "ultraviolet phenomenon" was translated as blue by digital media.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I saw this on the Coast to Coast AM site earlier and can't figure it out. I hope someone is verifying the video has not been tampered with.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlNextDoor

Originally posted by Palasheea
gizmodo.com...

From that video, it sounds like he was watching the blue cloud on the video monitor, and not out the window.

As much as I want it to be something exciting, like a ghost or an angel, I have to agree with the Bug On The Lens theory. Bummer.

(WorldNetDaily is running this at the top of their home page, as an angel caught on camera. What does that tell you?
)

You didn't understand what I meant when I said that gas station attendent was watching that blue cloud in 'real time' -- it means that he was watching that cloud on the security cam at the exact time when it was there and while it was happening.
I didn't think I would have to explain what that term meant but apparently I should have done that.

Also, the video itself shows one of our local reporters from a local news station reporting on the story.
Someone inserted the video of that story on their webpage, which is the page that that link is on who's a WorldNetDaily follower but the video itself is a recording from one of our tv news stations up here in the Cleveland area.

PS... just looked at that page that that video is on and there's NO mention of WorldNetDaily on that page anywhere. Wierd that you said that... lol. You must be working overtime to debunk this video...

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

If I'd been there watching that on the display in "real time" the first thing I would have done is look out the window.

And if I didn't see the "blue apparition" between the pumps, I would have walked out there and looked up at the camera lens to see what was stuck to it.

I don't ever see this thing occluded by anything in view of the camera, it's always in front, even when it appears to fly away.

So my vote's for a little fluffy blue piece of a marabou feather, drawn to the lens by a static charge, until blown away by a passing breeze.

But it could just be any old little blue piece of fluff.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Lol... I would have looked outside too if I saw something like that on the surveillance cam. Odd that he just stood their watching it instead on the cam without doing that because that blue thing was out there long enough for him to run out there to see if it was really there or not.

It could be that there were too many people inside for him to leave the counter. I know what those places are like. The counter people are behind a bullet proof glass partition plus with other people in the building, it sounds like he couldn't leave his station to run out there to take a look at it. It sounds like he was the only person back there when that thing appeared out there.
The counter guy looks Palestinian. There are a lot Palestinian's in the cleveland area who own Marathon Stations. I really can't see that the owners would be pulling a prank like this. Something was out there.. what? I'm clueless.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
If it was there for a half-hour, then there were customers coming and going in that time. One customer even appears in the same frame.

But this made me notice something. Did the "blue thing" actually dive down and sit on the hood/windshield of the white car when the customer came toward it, to hide? As soon as the guy went inside "Blue Casper" takes off under the canopy over the pumps.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

I've been in one of those booths, and I had the keys to the door!

I would have made the customers wait!

I we needed to go outside, we were never lacking for an excuse.

Besides, it didn't look that busy, know what I mean?

Guess I'm just the curious type, maybe that's why I'm always in trouble!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
It appears to grown some kind of wings and propels itself forward, very cool!

I agree - I thought the morphing shape of it was very strange (there are a few times it looks like a human silhouette) but there is a moment when you see the shape of wings appear.

Originally posted by jackinthebox
It is not on the lense. At one point you can see that it moves AWAY from the camera and goes up under the canopy over the pumps. If it was on the lense, you would see it rise up above the "canopy line" interrupting line of sight.

That's what I thought when I first watched it but if you have a second look, you will see that it really doesn't go under the canopy - what looks like the canopy is actually the top of the monitor the footage is being viewed on.

A bag? Unlikely. As has been said, someone would have noticed it, and nothing else seems to be blowing about.
An insect? Well, the "ghost" does seem to be on the camera lens itself, and it's not uncommon for an insect to stay in one area for some time - I've had the same spider dangling outsided my window for weeks! (Yes it is still alive and yes I know that's not an insect it's an arachnid, but you get the idea - creepy crawlies!)

Whatever it is, it's not a ghost, of that I'm pretty certain. I do believe in them, having lived in a flat that I'm quite sure was haunted but come on, what respectable spirit would ever haunt a filling station?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join