It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Culling the Herd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I think it would be helpful if there were a thread on liquidated threads. That way friends and relatives of the deceased thread could find out why the thread was "disappeared" and much anguish and heartbreak could be avoided.

Today I posted my own little mini-review of the Final Cut of Loose Change on a thread started by Captain Obvious and a few hours later when I refreshed the page in my browser to catch up on further postings I was redirected to that page where "technical difficulties" are blamed for the thread's disappearance.

The proposed new thread could consist entirely of a verbal mug shot of the thread and reason for demise. No discussion. Just information.

It's disconcerting to post to a thread and then find it has been given the hook.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I believe just such a thing exists on the "search" function. There have been reports that some deceased threads have even resurrected from their untimely demises to begin life again as fully functioning conspiracy theories.
By all means, go pay your respects, and as you walk through the graveyard of decaying threads just keep repeating: I ain't afraid uh no ghosts".

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Look at it this way:

Imagine being the administrator of the site and having to explain and justify each and every action you take. You wouldnt get to the other work.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
perhaps the site might take a page from the Post Office 'Dead Letter Dept'....
they Auction off the stuff that hit a dead-end.

the ATS could charge points to let you buy into the 'dead-thread' cache,
say for a week at a time...

there's gotta be conspiracies there....just in burying a thread...
for whatever real reason it was 96ed, it still is interesting to plumb
the story & see the final outcome...if only to learn the limits of extreme forum behaviors

[edit on 13-11-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

When you have up wards of 4000 new posts a DAY like ATS does, threads move "down the line" very quickly. Moderator moves into the correct forum not-with-standing, if you refresh after a couple hours the thread you were viewing will be on page two or latter of the forum index unless it's on fire with replies.

Search is your friend.

Springer...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

10-4. I did some searching, by way of looking for my own post among the links to my posts but couldn't find it. Will try again.

new topics

top topics

join