It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we are the bad ones ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Ok this idea jumped into my head when I was waking up so bear with me please

Most of us think/know/belive that NASA and the US Goverment knows about aliens , their involvment in our culture , the abudciotns , etc , but they go to greath lenghts to cover it up. Some say that the goverment is even working together with E.T helping them etc..

So now we have this big movement that tries to uncover the truth about all that so that we can spread the word to the general public because they should know the real truth ..right ?

What if we have the whole situation totally wrong and in some distant past durring a meeting our leaders were told that we really are a experiment beeing done by some alien culture and that this experiment can only work if the human animal lives in his natural habitat undisturbed . (switch "experiment" with any other reason why those E.T dont want to be discovered)

So what happens when the general public finds out about aliens ? Well they will hit the "reset" button .

So now we have NASA and the goverments trying to protect the general public by going to greath lenghts to cover up any alien presencea nd then we have communities like this that go to great lenghts to uncover the truth and get the planet wiped out

This is a general overview of the idea.

PS: sorry for the jjibberish instead of proper english but I am still half asleep
also if this is not the right forum for this please move it over the the right one

Edit: Dont get me wrong thou , I am not telling anybody to stop searching for the truth , it was just an idea that popped into my mind that I wanted to share

[edit on 13-11-2007 by Thill]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
What happened is that the US government is hiding all ET information because they are actually so powerful that even beings that have the technology to traverse thousands of light years to visit other planets are under their control. The US government has so much wisdom to offer them that they have agreed to work in secret behind the public's back.
The aliens have based themselves in the USA because it is greatest country in the world, that is why most UFO sightings are in the USA - they are the most interesting and the most important people in the world.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

I must admit I am basically replying to your TITLE, because that's what really resonated with me...

I am not a fan of generalising about anything, including humankind (although the temptation is sometimes hard to resist), but I must say that the concept encapsulated by the title is a lucid one - and one that pops into my mind with increasing frequency.

[edit on 17-11-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's certainly a possibility, though I would hesitate to conjecture the exact reason. I guess you could chalk this possibility up to the "Be careful what you ask for" category. The general idea behind most of the demands for Disclosure are that 1. We have a right to know. 2. Government is bad. 3. Big Oil doesn't want free energy. 4. NWO/Illuminati don't want their power to wane. 5. We've got all kinds of proof. Just look at these witnesses. 6. It's all a vast conspiracy 7. More of the same.

I am NOT claiming 1-7 are NOT true, however, I'd just like to explore the possibility--just what if they are not true? I remember reading one account, no idea where or when, about a conversation where a person was told what the Real Deal is. He said, "My God. What are we going to do?" and his companion said, "There's nothing we CAN do." and the first said, "We're screwed." If it really is THAT BAD no wonder the governments won't come clean on what they know.

I tend to favor Disclosure anyway and let the chips fall where they may. I have no idea what the truth is, really, including whether the whole idea of Disclosure is valid. but I'm inclined to think anything would be an improvement. And I'm kinda bored with things as they are anyway. Accordingly, I say, "Bring it On!"

[edit on 11/17/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think it's more important to ask why the aliens haven't made themselves known to the public at large.

I'm not sure I find it entirely ethical on their part that they are hiding from us; although it's possible they have determined that disclosing themselves to the entire population would make our situation worse.

Considering they are actually visiting the Earth then, they either

a) don't care about relations with us or

b) don't want relations with us or

c) are abiding by the shadow government's wishes to remain hidden.

Self-criticism is a very Western concept, and one that a lot of UFO enthusiasts engage in to explain why aliens are hiding from us, ie. because we are so violent, hostile, aggressive and war-like.

Considering the fact that that is a uniquely Western concept -- that humans are to blame and at fault -- I'm not sure that's a valid scenario. In all likelihood, these aliens could crush us beneath their heels like ants -- they don't have anything to worry about since they are so much more technologically advanced.

join