It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Figure In A Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
After posting a couple of threads a little while back, I have finally decided to share an interesting event with you guys. The feedback I received from the previous threads I mentioned were more than appreciated.

When I was 12-years-old, I attended an overly religious primary school. Uh, that's an Australian schooling term for 5/6-year-old to 12-year-old students (Grade Prep to Grade 6). As with most Catholic schools, the grounds were shared with a church. The church obviously reaping benefits, such as funding, from the school. The school's main oval extended directly behind the church and the the priest's house next door.

During our lunch break, my friends and I were playing with a soccer ball near the back of the priest's house. One of my friends kicked the ball too hard, and it went flying up the narrow path between the side wall of the church and the short fencing of the priest's house. My friends were too scared to retrieve the ball because that path was dubbed "out of bounds" by the teachers. I, who had very little regard for rules, decided to fetch it.

There was a tall thin window on the side wall of the church, which looked into a tiny room. It was the room in which the priest prepared each day for his sermons. Merely a room for his many coloured robes, haha.

Anyway, I walked up the path and retrieved the ball. For some reason though, on my way back to my friends, I decided to stop and look in the window. There, on the other side of the glass, stood a tall black figure. I was a child, so it may not have been as tall as it seemed at the time. However, I can still remember it in full detail. It was wearing what looked like a long flowing cloak with a hood. Where there should've been a face, I saw nothing but pitch black. The clothing itself was a lighter shade than the hood's opening. The figure had no hands or feet, and seemed to "hover" above the ground. I still remember the unnatural movement the bottom of the clock made. It was a sort of "zigzagging" effect (for lack of a better term).

Obviously, my immediate instinct was to run away. I told my friends what I had seen, but they didn't believe me. However, they were curious. Each of them had a look inside the window, but they saw nothing. After regaining a bit of composure, I decided to scale the back wall of the church and investigate a different window.

I honestly can't remember how many windows in total were at the back of the church. The window I investigated showed a clear view (on an angle) of the priest's altar in the main gathering room. From there, you could see the choir's box and the side chairs, as well as the doorway into the previously mentioned room.

When I peered inside that window, I saw the black figure again. It was floating slowly from inside the tiny room, which had its door completely open, moving in my direction. Once again, I jumped in fear and ran. By that point, my friends probably thought I was leading them on. So, I told them that we'd all look through the window together at the same time.

We approached the window as a group. As soon as we did, I saw the figure again. This time, however, it was directly behind the glass like it had been when I saw it for the first time at the side of the church. And once again, I ran away. My friends didn't have the same reaction though. They continued staring through the window. They couldn't see the figure at all.

It has been almost 10 years, but I still remember that day as if it happened half an hour ago.

Tell me what you think.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I had once been raised in such schooling,
i had never liked it as such, not very into a set mind set , that "god did this, this way" n all that etc etc.

This black figure, cloaked as you described. I do wonder, do you remember what'd you felt when you saw it? despite fear of course
especially as a child. Did it give off any 'vibes'?

What i understand about black figures[by my experience] is that if they black or dark they're not necessarily "evil" in a sense, but of more of a warning or a message being passed across.

But as for the location!
I'm not all to sure on why there

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The first time I saw it, I was struck by instant shock. I was too confused to notice any "vibes", but my natural curiosity is what provoked me to investigate a different window.

The second time, I was able to stare a little longer. However, as soon as I realized the figure was approaching closer and closer, I panicked. The vibes, I would say, weren't necessarily "good" or "evil".

The third (and final) time, I received too much of a fright. Not too long after that, the school bell rang to head back to class. I remember being disappointed because I still wanted to spot the figure. I felt like it had revealed itself to me for a reason.

You never know though. Maybe the figure was minding its own business and didn't know I would be able to see it, and it was just as curious about me?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hmmm. Interesting story, but i'm thinking that I would literally go mad if I was seen some such thing. So I must ask you how it is that you have "natural", "normal" fear. Madnnes must it be.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ahaha, I wasn't able to sleep without my television on for almost 8-9 years after that encounter. Now, I sleep perfectly fine without any form of lighting.

My mum was raised in a culture that seemed to embrace supernatural phenomena. The stories she has shared with me are rather unusual, but interesting. She has mentioned everything from ghosts to exorcisms. Her parents (my grandparents) even took her to a witch doctor.

I guess I was desensitized by her stories because she made it sound like the paranormal was "normal".

The church is a mere 5 minute walk from my house, so I might pay it a visit one of these days with a camera!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The figure, being curious, could be a great possibility,..wouldn't you be?
being such a lonely and transparent being, rarely coming across someone or something in which is able to see or even ..communicate with. I think i'd be just a tad curious as well

If this was the case, then i would think
that you truly do have a beautiful and natural gift

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Uh... yeah, there's black figures all over churches, they'e called nuns. lol

[edit on 14-11-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Mahem87, thank you very much! I've had a few more encounters over the years with spirits (or whatever you wish to call them), but nothing as impressive as that first one. If I were to see a figure these days, I'd probably try to communicate with it. Uh, that's if I don't faint from shock first!

thehumbleone, we didn't have traditional nuns at my school. Still, you made me laugh! Thanks for reminding me though.. I've always had the sense that the figure I saw was a male.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Pandapple]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
In modern times churches are very integrated. Black figures stand next to white figures, brown figures, and yellow figures. It's nothing to be afraid of.

Some of my best friends are black figures.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Rasobasi420, why are you bringing race into this? I myself am half Asian, half European. I was merely pointing out the fact that the "ghost" I saw wasn't green or purple.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Oh gimme a flippin break. It was a joke!!!

Learn to laugh at yourself or others will do it for you.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ahaha, I can take a joke. Other people reading this thread may not though. That's why I wanted to make things clear.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'm betting most people would recognize that black people don't hover above the floor.

Except Michael Jordan of course.

(I got a million of 'em)

Spooky though dude, very spooky.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
LMAO!!!!!!

That reminds me of when I used to collect basketball cards, haha. Michael Jordan and Shaquille O'Neil were my favourites. Oh, and that guy who played for the Lakers. I forgot his name!

Way off topic though..

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Pandapple]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Sounds like a shadow person to me, I don't know much about them; but here you go: Shadow People
Hope that helps

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Prozac Heart]

new topics

top topics

join